• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The What Are You Listening To? Thread - Part Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Disturbed: Blades
Not too nitpick, but Disturbed has never recorded a song by that title.
If you can post the lyrics, if it is Disturbed, I can get you the actual song title though.

Where do bad folks go when they die? O_O
I have never understood the "see them again, till the 4th of July" part.

Sepultura - Orgasmatron
But talking about Disturbed made me change the artist
Disturbed - Perfect Insanity

I did find out Disturbed is working on a new album. I need to get some money fast so I can get my tattoos, then I'll be ready decide a design for the fourth album and where I want that tattoo at. At least one tattoo themed after every album, plus a music as a weapon logo with the roman numeral number for each MAAW tour they have had.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Good ol' NZ tunes :yes:
Sweetheart I love you, but Grinspoon are Aussies.

Kiwi punk extends about as far as "the Offbeats" "the Clash" and "Elemen-o-P"

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Into My Arms

Pearl Jam - Alive, Jeremy, Evenflow, Spin the Black, Dissident, I am Mine, Elderly Woman behind the counter in a small town.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Wow a regular Kiwi gathering here innit?!

I got much Kiwi going on here:

Dragonforce - Through the Fire and the Flames. (Guitarist is West-Aucklander)
Yay for breakfast cereal metal! (Otherwise known as Makes-You-Get-Up-And-Go-Do-Something Metal!! :p)

Wait... Is stellify NZer as well?

*runs off to frubal - Realises already fruballed as a welcome*

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Continued...
Ðanisty said:
Sunstone said:
You misunderstand how the system worked then, Leslie. How mods have been chosen has changed several times since I've been here. Originally, it was a decision for the Admins with no input whatsoever for from anyone else. Several of the current mods were brought on under that system. When I became an Admin, I pushed to expand the decision making process. At first, the Admins just took suggestions from the smods about which people to bring on as mods -- and the Admins then added their own suggestions to that mix and then voted among themselves for who they thought would make a good mod. You yourself, whether you realize it or not, were brought on by that process. So was ___. It has only been relatively recently that we've had the current system of having the Smods vote for mods with the Smods' decision being more or less the way we go.
I don't misunderstand the process. I've been here the entire time that ___ has been a mod. I know exactly how things were working when he/she was brought on. If you look back, you'll see that Victor was equally puzzled. In fact, everyone I talked to when he/she was modded was confused.

Again, the system for choosing smods has evolved as much as the system for choosing mods. We didn't always ask smods who would make a good smod. I could be wrong, but I don't think we asked any smods whether you would make a good smod.
Again, since I've been here, this is how it's worked and ___ was brought on after I was.

This is no time for indulging yourself in sarcasm. The very existence of this thread is proof that it has involved Smods. Please don't muddy the waters any more than they already are by exaggerating.
I'll indulge in my sarcasm whenever I like, thank you very much. The very existence of this thread proves exactly my point. For some strange reason that nobody can answer, ___ was brought on as a mod and was further being considered as a smod when obviously he/she is a problem member. If anyone had bothered to so much as ask what we thought, we wouldn't even be having this problem. I don't need to muddy the waters. We're working in a bog here as it is. I'm not exaggerating, but if it makes you feel better to claim I am, I guess that's what's important.

Sunstone said:
Ðanisty;953018 said:
I don't misunderstand the process. I've been here the entire time ___ has been a mod. I know exactly how things were working when he/she was brought on. If you look back, you'll see that Victor was equally puzzled. In fact, everyone I talked to when he was modded was confused.

Again, since I've been here, this is how it's worked and ___ was brought on after I was.

I'll indulge in my sarcasm whenever I like, thank you very much. The very existence of this thread proves exactly my point. For some strange reason that nobody can answer, ___ was brought on as a mod and was further being considered as a smod when obviously he/she is a problem member. If anyone had bothered to so much as ask what we thought, we wouldn't even be having this problem. I don't need to muddy the waters. We're working in a bog here as it is. I'm not exaggerating, but if it makes you feel better to claim I am, I guess that's what's important.

Leslie, you seem to be angry and frustrated. You also seem to be taking it out on me. You're tone seems accusatory. I don't believe I deserve that. I'm not your enemy and I am puzzled by what seems to be an effort on your part to treat me as such. At any rate, I see no point in this discussion. It seems productive of nothing to me. Do you see any point to it? If so, what is that point?

markablue said:
Leslie, Sunstone is right, I've been reading many accusations from you, recently. Calm down, please, because you are making any discussion difficult. The fact that you are used to certain things being done one way or another doesn't mean they always will be that way. We can all see that you don't like it but it's really no reason to attack others.

I'm not sure what the procedures for choosing new mods/smods have been in the past but I like the current system. I agree we should have a discussion in the Admins' forum about that issue and we will keep you informed of the outcome, if necessary. What's done is done, there's no point in discussing how ___ became a mod. He/she is one now and we will be concentrating on that.

Ðanisty said:
Sunstone said:
Leslie, you seem to be angry and frustrated. You also seem to be taking it out on me. You're tone seems accusatory. I don't believe I deserve that. I'm not your enemy and I am puzzled by what seems to be an effort on your part to treat me as such. At any rate, I see no point in this discussion. It seems productive of nothing to me. Do you see any point to it? If so, what is that point?
No, I don't SEEM to be angry and frustrated and don't SEEM to be accusatory. I am ****** that you are dodging these questions. These are concerns among the staff. ____ was brought on by an admin decision when at the time, our policy was to discuss it with the staff. I'm not stupid. I was here when ___ was made a mod. So was Victor. We'd like to know why the staff was not consulted. It's a valid question. The staff needs to know the policy and we need to know why the policy wasn't followed. And if I didn't see a point in this discussion, I wouldn't be wasting my time with it. That should be obvious enough. If you would have just answered the question instead of patronizing me, this would be over already. If you don't know, just say so. If you ****** up, just say so. Don't try to twist this around by telling me I don't know what our own policies were and don't think you can just blow me off by treating me like a silly girl who doesn't know any better. This isn't the 1960s. That crap doesn't work anymore.

markablue said:
Leslie, Sunstone is right, I've been reading many accusations from you, recently. Calm down, please, because you are making any discussion difficult. The fact that you are used to certain things being done one way or another doesn't mean they always will be that way. We can all see that you don't like it but it's really no reason to attack others.
Frankly Marka, you have no idea what's going on here. There aren't any accusations beyond the fact that Phil won't answer the question and it's plain to see that's true. If you want easy discussion, maybe you should just direct Phil to answer the question. So many times now you have accused members of this staff of attacking others when no such thing has happened. Simply disagreeing with you does not constitute an attack and if you think it does, I'd hate to see where this forum is going.

markablue said:
I'm not sure what the procedures for choosing new mods/smods have been in the past but I like the current system. I agree we should have a discussion in the Admins' forum about that issue and we will keep you informed of the outcome, if necessary. What's done is done, there's no point in discussing how ___ became a mod. He/she is one now and we will be concentrating on that.
The point is that the staff is uninformed and confused. We need to know what the policy is and we need to know that if the policy changes, we'll be informed of such.

One thing has been made clear by now. The new policy is if the admins don't like what you say, they'll try to shut you up. Tell me, Phil, is that in line with the spirit of RF?

That's our standard procedure with any mod who is not working out at the moment, and we should stick to that procedure

Curious isn't it? Nobody offered to coach me.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Wow a regular Kiwi gathering here innit?!

I got much Kiwi going on here:

Dragonforce - Through the Fire and the Flames. (Guitarist is West-Aucklander)
Yay for breakfast cereal metal! (Otherwise known as Makes-You-Get-Up-And-Go-Do-Something Metal!! :p)

Guitarist is from Hamilton... he wears ug boots on stage sometimes, and he definitely knows how to drink a beer. Check out the Fire and Flames vid for proof ;)

Emerson Quartet - Something baroque... CBF'd checking ;)

You're right about the kiwi thing dude! When I joined I was the only active Kiwi, but sure enough a few have come along... If you're ever in the welly area let me know. Grab a cuppa or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.