• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Woke Thread

InChrist

Free4ever
I care and desire to be awake and aware of racism and injustices around me and in society, but I am not “woke” and have no desire to participate in the twists or tricks of wokeism.

“Woke tricks” are skillful and cunning procedures or practices meant to deceive or defraud individuals based on issues of racial and/or social injustices within a society.

7 Common Woke Tricks

https://www.centerforbiblicalunity.com/post/woke-tricks

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Me.
I also don't do red bills or blue pills. I don't dwell in caves or on surfaces.
If you need a label to convey how your allegedly you're "with it" you probably aren't. They say they are, but what they do is show us they are rather intolerant of others amd hugely homogeneous anyways. Like the all white guy diversity group thingy at Lockheed Martin I think it was. That should work great. 100% all white men discussing what they can do to be better allies amd supporters to the big world stuffed full of non white men.
You should be one of the most woke of all.
Perhaps you're being modest?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
What about when "woke" ideologies promote unequal treatment based on race, or when people believe hyperfocus on racial identities will prove counterproductive?

If you ignore the MAGA ideologue types, most people who oppose 'woke' ideologies do so because they support fairness and equal treatment, they just have different views on how to achieve it.
If you have criticisms of specific policies, or methods then you should be able to express them without resorting to the latest juvenile ad hominem. Calling someone “woke” does nothing to advance a reasonable argument.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
A pathetic attempt to make it seem like fighting for things like justice or equal treatment is something to be embarrassed about.
Not necessarily. I strongly oppose it because creating inequality is not creating equality, and they have very strong parallels to Conservative Protestant Evangelicism. Those types of Christians who make the rest of the world shake their head and wonder what's going on here, PC/SJW/Woke stuff strongly reminds me of when I was one of the Christians. Original sin, guilty for just existing, moral purity, shame, guilt, a desire for a "pure and clean" society that is highly sanitized, well padded, and free of what makes us human. Both are even rife with double standards and blatant hypocrisies.
It's not justice and equal treatment people think are things to be embarrassed about. It's when you go about it in a way that deliberately creates inequality and resembles the Pet Shop Boys "It's a Sin" that people don't like.

Shadow Wolf

I know multiple people irl could ask for that. Lol. No, thanks. I've already seen how these loony activists ruin communities.
I imagine the individual psychological toll can't be good either. Learning and accepting everything you do is wrong and bad, learning and accepting it's always someone else's fault, learning and accepting to drown out and silence dissenting viewpoints, learning and accepting to patronize one group with the rod of discipline and telling them they can do nothing right and the other group with coddling and telling them they can do no wrong, none of that is good. We see this in poor parenting, we see this in certain religious groups, there is nothing about SJWs that make them immune to these detrimental outcomes.

Shadow Wolf

You should be one of the most woke of all.
Perhaps you're being modest?
Nope. But I wanted to do certain things to the black trans woman I knew in Indiana for what she did to my brother. I don't hate gender norms and roles (as long as they aren't expected and and coerced). And I believe context matters. I also love George Carlin and Ricky Gervais and don't hate Dave Chappelle (although I thought he stopped being funny long before the special that enraged the wokies). And I already ran from one group who stole my identity and replaced it with shame and guilt and was heavily saturated with hypocrisy. I won't go to another one (I like saying I don't like 13 and don't her as the Doctor).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nope. But I wanted to do certain things to the black trans woman I knew in Indiana for what she did to my brother. I don't hate gender norms and roles (as long as they aren't expected and and coerced). And I believe context matters. I also love George Carlin and Ricky Gervais and don't hate Dave Chappelle (although I thought he stopped being funny long before the special that enraged the wokies). And I already ran from one group who stole my identity and replaced it with shame and guilt and was heavily saturated with hypocrisy. I won't go to another one (I like saying I don't like 13 and don't her as the Doctor).
I hereby grant you the right to call yourself "woke".

If you have criticisms of specific policies, or methods then you should be able to express them without resorting to the latest juvenile ad hominem. Calling someone “woke” does nothing to advance a reasonable argument.

When we communicate we utilise shorthands to make things easier. Communication requires us to make compromises between accuracy and convenience. The term "woke" is no different in this regard.

Despite the fact we all do this all the time, people also like to selectively find fault with it on certain issues when done by "the other side".

Automatically deciding that those who do so on particular issues are doing so because they are juvenile bigots does little to advance a reasonable argument either.

Better to try to understand meaning from context than assume bad faith.