• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There ain't no Jesus here.

SpeaksForTheTrees

I never said that the anointed one brings death and destruction. You did. Post 71. These are your words, not mine.
" Leads war " by default war is death and destruction
Is a logical inference , another logical one it will be nuclear.
This is what you moshiach will bring

b3Xkckk.png

Tumah

Veteran Member
Our translation of messiah is saviour , your not exactly being truthful here are you .
Considering that both messiah and savior are English words, I don't think you can translate messiah into savior.

Regardless, that's not a translation because the Hebrew word משיח comes from the root word "to anoint" and has no relation whatsoever to the root word for "to save". Perhaps you meant, "our understanding of what the messiah does, is to save". Then you might be considered truthful.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Considering that both messiah and savior are English words, I don't think you can translate messiah into savior.

Regardless, that's not a translation because the Hebrew word משיח comes from the root word "to anoint" and has no relation whatsoever to the root word for "to save". Perhaps you meant, "our understanding of what the messiah does, is to save". Then you might be considered truthful.
Is English Oxford dictionary
Is as English as it gets , is accurate translation.

Definition of messiah in English:
messiah

Pronunciation: /mɪˈsʌɪə/
NOUN
promised deliverer of the Jewish nation prophesied in the Hebrew Bible.
Christians as the Messiah of the Hebrew propheciesand the saviour of humankind.
saviour of a particular country, group, or cause:the club’s supporters have been tempted to regard him as a messiah rather than a manager

You use wrong word , is a flip of pole in your translation

Flankerl

messiah

NOUN
saviour of a particular country, group, or cause:the club’s supporters have been tempted to regard him as a messiah rather than a manager

Jokes on you, Cyrus the Great was a Moshiach.

Yet he didn't save "humankind".

rosends

" Leads war " by default war is death and destruction
Is a logical inference , another logical one it will be nuclear.
This is what you moshiach will bring

b3Xkckk.png
So English is difficult for you, right?
I said that a king is a messiah and that one role of a king is to lead in war time.
A king also leads in spirituality. Are you saying you don't pray for spirituality?
You should try learning and thinking before you say the kinds of dumb things you say.

Flankerl

It's not my fault that you have no knowledge about Judaism.

But its never too late, though from your style of posting I am not holding my breath.

SpeaksForTheTrees

So English is difficult for you, right?
I said that a king is a messiah and that one role of a king is to lead in war time.
A king also leads in spirituality. Are you saying you don't pray for spirituality?
You should try learning and thinking before you say the kinds of dumb things you say.

You are confusing 2 words. There is a Hebrew word moshiach (mem-shin-chet) which means "anointed" and is applied to kings and certain priests. There is a completely separate word, moshia (mem-shin-ayin) which means "one who saves". They are completely unrelated in Hebrew, from different roots. If you connect them, you might as well connect "money" and "manatee".

Huh , lol dewd

rosends

There is Armilus, which has the same character descriptions as the Dajjal, and Zechariah 11:15-17. ;)
The Armilus legend is one of an enemy of the Jews. The fact that the article you quote says "as he can well be styled in view of his relation to the Messiah" does not mean that anyone in Judaism thinks of this as an "anti-Christ". The article also says " This creature, Armilus by name—the Gentiles called him Antichrist, says the "Otot"—will set himself up as Messiah, even as God Himself, being recognized as such by the sons of Esau, that is, by the Christians" which points out that this title is a completely non-Jewish construct.

and the reference in Zech is to the Esavic power which destroyed the 2nd temple.

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member

messiah

NOUN

Definition of definition in English
def·i·ni·tion
ˌdefəˈniSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    a statement of the exact meaning of a word, especially in a dictionary.
Definition of translation in English
trans·la·tion
transˈlāSH(ə)n,tranzˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the process of translating words or text from one language into another.
The translation of the Hebrew word משיח (often transliterated as mashiach) is "one who is anointed". As in Isaiah 45:1, "So said G-d to Cyrus, His anointed."
Your definition of the word "messiah" is not found in the Bible.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Definition of definition in English
def·i·ni·tion
ˌdefəˈniSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    a statement of the exact meaning of a word, especially in a dictionary.
Definition of translation in English
trans·la·tion
transˈlāSH(ə)n,tranzˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the process of translating words or text from one language into another.
The translation of the Hebrew word משיח (often transliterated as mashiach) is "one who is anointed". As in Isaiah 45:1, "So said G-d to Cyrus, His anointed."
Your definition of the word "messiah" is not found in the Bible.

The translation is broken , the first Christians had no bible

SpeaksForTheTrees

Difference is the second coming arrives as enlightened meant , a peaceful transition .
Cyrus the great , was accepting of other religion unlike yourself , you reference to Cyrus is insult imho

Tumah

Veteran Member
Difference is the second coming arrives as enlightened meant , a peaceful transition .
Cyrus the great , was accepting of other religion unlike yourself , you reference to Cyrus is insult imho
We're not calling him anything. Isaiah 45:1 calls Cyrus G-d's Messiah.

14.2 million Jewish in a world of 7.5 billions
This why you do not and can not executed the Jewish laws
What in the world are you talking about...?

SpeaksForTheTrees

The only thing I learned from your response is that you know how to write non-sequiturs.
Not at all
My christian belief knows the difference between messiah and mashiach , being war is not an option for the christian messiah.
If so Yeshua would of climbed down from the cross and destroyed everyone .
Is not within his powers you don't think ?
Jesus could of had world destroyed in a moment

rosends

Is all that's left is to laugh .
Re read your own posts
King is a messiah , a change of heart is acceptable.
However my sources say to be accurate within judaism correct word is moshiach
So laugh. You laugh in ignorance but thatis your choice.
Read your own posts. They are stuck in hate and a lack of knowledge. The king is anointed, therefore a moshiach. The king leads people in war and in peace. The king writes a torah and teaches others to live by it. We pray for an anointed leader who will lead us in that way - not that war is necessary, but that if there is one, we have a proper leader. You want to skip all the rest of it to pull out the words and ideas you like because it fuels your hatred.

I pity you.

and by the way, the English translation of the word "moshiach" is "messiah." The word "messiah" might be defined in English according to a Christian ideal but the word is what the word is and when Jews use the word, we use it as a translation of he Hebrew. The baggage you prefer to attach to it is just that, baggage.