• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are no mistakes in Quran

morphesium

Quran tells us about these things in the language ordinary people use. Scientific terminology is different, it is useless for ordinary human beings, hence it is one aspect of its being gibberish.
Regards
Were you able to read Quran even before learning Arab or your language? Did your (the one who cooks food for you) cooked food even before learning how to cook?. Can you speak a language even before learning?

If it is God who made you, then it is God who has given your intelligence, your morals, your rational thinking capacity - use it. This is the only way you can isolate the truth from the false. Don't be afraid - think against Quran. It is people like you who are the real "non truth seekers".

Scientific terminology is different, it is useless for ordinary human beings, hence it is one aspect of its being gibberish.
I agree that much of the scientific technology is understood only by those who are relevant in the field, but its fruits enjoyed by many, even the illiterate. However, if one is interested ,one can learn any part of science and may even contribute to it.
When you use medicine, or computer, or various other modern amenities - do you know the real science behind the working of all or any of these - enough so that you can make them alone from scratch? But aren't they serving you? How can you call this gibberish?

Last edited:

morphesium

Did time existed then? How could it be over-time? Nothing happens over-time!
Regards
It is only after the big bang, time and space that we know now came into existence. As the universe expanded, temperature came down, gases under the action of gravity collapsed to form stars which churned out more and more complex elements. These primary stars at the end of life (stage) exploded and these minerals (elements) were spewed into space which eventually formed the bases for rocky planets and other asteroids etc. Only later after the formation of planets, life evolved.

"over time" = gradually.

morphesium

That is one aspect science is gibberish, till it knows its limitations and does not cross them or its spokespersons.
Regards
I wonder how you could say this? Modern science (medicine) would have saved you or your loved ones many number of times - and still you say science is gibberish?
When i said science is at its infancy, I meant that modern science is just a 100 or so years old (compared to human beings - approximately 2 million years old). Its people like you who are the real stubborn ones, who are the real " non -believers".

If you have at least some belief in God, use the brain that God blessed you with. If god exists and if judgement day is true, God will be asking this question to you - why didn't you use your intelligent brain that I had given to you? Why did you believe in a book that is in not concerned with me. What if God say - I sent you (and each and everyone) as a prophet - but ones like you who believed in your religion failed.
Why didn't you think if quran is true, God could have embedded this (Quranic knowledge) in each and every one of us so that we would be born with it?
Why did to sacrificed your morals and your rational thinking capacity (that was personally given to you and inherent to you) for an external book that is not concerned with me (God)?

Regards.

Last edited:

Unification

Sure there is no mistakes in Koran,it advises us that woman are created from the ribs of man.Of course this aint be a mistake.

Trying to interpret ancient dark sayings and poetry as being literal is the mistake and poor advise.

To say it's a mistake interpreting it literally, sure you're correct. The Koran doesn't advise anyone to take it literally. It's not the Koran's fault if folks and religions take most of it literally.

When an electron is removed from an atom(Adam), a positive ion is formed.

When that electron is put in another atom, a negative ion is formed.

Creating male(positive) and female(negative) ions.

The brain and the mind being fruitful and multiplying. Negative ions are healthy and great for the brain and mind. Positive ions, not so much.

Good neurological plasticity and bad neurological plasticity.

When the mind focuses on the wrong things, the woman(subconscious mind) in the brain gradually separates from the man(conscious mind) in the brain.

When covalent bonds are formed, the conscious and subconscious gradually start to integrate back into one. Gradual stability. Biblical and Koranic marriage.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Trying to interpret ancient dark sayings and poetry as being literal is the mistake and poor advise.

To say it's a mistake interpreting it literally, sure you're correct. The Koran doesn't advise anyone to take it literally. It's not the Koran's fault if folks and religions take most of it literally.

The brain and the mind being fruitful and multiplying. Negative ions are healthy and great for the brain and mind. Positive ions, not so much.

When the mind focuses on the wrong things, the woman(subconscious mind) in the brain gradually separates from the man(conscious mind) in the brain.

When covalent bonds are formed, the conscious and subconscious gradually start to integrate back into one. Gradual stability. Biblical and Koranic marriage.

So Koran is not for average people, since average people probably will not understand this.

Looncall

You seem to have bought into a lot of pseudo-science and new-agey hogwash.

Unification

You seem to have bought into a lot of pseudo-science and new-agey hogwash.

Opinion with no substance. Elaborate on which was false science.

There is false science, and there is not science. You're right, philosophy and science are different traditionally. Also, elaborate on how the human brain made of matter, as well as the mind all consisting of atoms, cells, and energy are exempt from traditional science. Do you not know what goes on inside your own head... Or does it only go on externally from your own head?

What is new age, and what is old age?
Anyone can call anything new age. Is it new truth? A new way of seeing things? Every second that goes by is new, and a new era. Do you prefer to be stuck in old ancient traditional era's? QM could be considered new age science. Is there a new age mind?
When one grows in awareness and knowledge... Is that new?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I agree that much of the scientific technology is understood only by those who are relevant in the field, but its fruits enjoyed by many, even the illiterate. However, if one is interested ,one can learn any part of science and may even contribute to it.
They borrow words from the everyday use and so often drift its normal meaning aside. Why should they do it? That is one aspect science becomes gibberish.
There are other fields of life no less important; why should an ordinary man be forced to learn science?
Regards

Looncall

They borrow words from the everyday use and so often drift its normal meaning aside. Why should they do it? That is one aspect science becomes gibberish.
There are other fields of life no less important; why should an ordinary man be forced to learn science?
Regards

Some scientific concepts have any recently been uncovered; there are no words in any language to use for them. One way to cope with this is to use ordinary words as placeholders in scientific contexts. For example, there is a subatomic property that has been given the word "charm" as a placeholder. It is not meant to convey the usual meaning of charm.

If you are interested in the scientific context, you must learn the language. The same holds in other pursuits, such as music, for example.

Looncall

Opinion with no substance. Elaborate on which was false science.

There is false science, and there is not science. You're right, philosophy and science are different traditionally. Also, elaborate on how the human brain made of matter, as well as the mind all consisting of atoms, cells, and energy are exempt from traditional science. Do you not know what goes on inside your own head... Or does it only go on externally from your own head?

What is new age, and what is old age?
Anyone can call anything new age. Is it new truth? A new way of seeing things? Every second that goes by is new, and a new era. Do you prefer to be stuck in old ancient traditional era's? QM could be considered new age science. Is there a new age mind?
When one grows in awareness and knowledge... Is that new?

An example.

A while ago, I visited the Shakespearean festival in my province. The town has some touristy shops. In one, a large number of crystals were being sold, with many extravagant claims, such as healing diseases. It was all I could do to keep from laughing aloud. The claims could not possibly be true. There are a lot of such new-age scams around. I guess it makes a change from the traditional scams of religion.

morphesium

So Koran is not for average people, since average people probably will not understand this.
You say something - and they say it is there in Koran. From all of science and technology to law to insanity, almost everything you can think of...it is in their quran. Some 6666 or so verses and this is what they have to say about this -

" And if whatever trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of Allah (Quran) would not be exhausted. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise".

To say something equivalent - think of a "10 word sentence" that would convey the meaning of each and every sentences conveyed through the internet and phone put together. Multiply that with a zillion times; that is the kind of meaning one should attribute to a single verse of quran.
I can say in a few words what those verses actually mean - gibberish, hogwash,.......Oh ho! I too ran out of words.

Unification

An example.

A while ago, I visited the Shakespearean festival in my province. The town has some touristy shops. In one, a large number of crystals were being sold, with many extravagant claims, such as healing diseases. It was all I could do to keep from laughing aloud. The claims could not possibly be true. There are a lot of such new-age scams around. I guess it makes a change from the traditional scams of religion.

I am referring to blain plasticity and ion channels of neurons and glial cells made of atoms that generate energy synapses. Not crystals or religion.

There are many claims, scams, and cons in a number of different way. Claims that crystals heal disease, that pills heal depression, anxiety, etc.

What classifies something as "new age?" The fact that it's something "new" and of a new generation?

Looncall

I am referring to blain plasticity and ion channels of neurons and glial cells made of atoms that generate energy synapses. Not crystals or religion.

There are many claims, scams, and cons in a number of different way. Claims that crystals heal disease, that pills heal depression, anxiety, etc.

What classifies something as "new age?" The fact that it's something "new" and of a new generation?
The nechanisms by which pills act are understood, as are the reasons that the crystals cannot act as claimed.

New age guff relies on hand-wavey woo, not science. Homeopathy is another example. It is a trap for the gullible, set by scoundrels.

Unification

The nechanisms by which pills act are understood, as are the reasons that the crystals cannot act as claimed.

New age guff relies on hand-wavey woo, not science. Homeopathy is another example. It is a trap for the gullible, set by scoundrels.

A cold, in which the body self heals can be viewed as homeopathy.
A flu vaccination contains weakened live viruses and can be viewed as homeopathy.

So, depression cannot be healed internally unless science does the healing? The body can't self heal without science.... That sounds more like a trap for the guillable.

New age woo, is that new age atheism terminology?

Last edited:

Looncall

A cold, in which the body self heals can be viewed as homeopathy.
A flu vaccination contains weakened live viruses and can be viewed as homeopathy.

So, depression cannot be healed internally unless science does the healing? The body can't self heal without science.... That sounds more like a trap for the guillable.

New age woo, is that new age atheism terminology?

No, those are not homeopathy. Homeopathy involves using substances diluted into nonexistence, based on a silly "like cures like" theory.

New age woo: non-mainstream superstition used to support obvious scams.