• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are no mistakes in Quran

Princeps Eugenius

What about the part where it references the Trinity, then seems to imply that Mary was worshipped as part of the Trinity? Tell me the name of one Christian sect that ever worshipped Mary as part of the Holy Trinity. Why would the Qur'an say this, when the true Trinity is, was, and always has been Father, Son and Holy Ghost?

And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, 'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. [Qur'an 5:116]
Wow a great picture in your signature. Where did you get it from?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm a professional editor. I've read the Quran cover to cover in one translation, and vetted that translation against two other translations. The words are the words.
Now you can claim that "I'm not interpreting the words correctly", but how do you know that? The folks running ISIS and Boko Haram would agree with me on how to interpret the words. About 1/3 of Muslims in the world would largely agree with me on my interpretations. So how do you know which interpretations are "correct"?

Yours is the right attitude and I appreciate it. One should first read an important book such as Quran,Bible ,Yasna ,Bhagavad Gita or Dhammapada etc even if it is from a translation, with a free and open mind, unbiased and then one can usefully ask questions and receive useful responses and engage in useful discussions.
Quran is a book of elaborate systems.
I just want to know as to how many other persons who have engaged themselves in this thread have studied Quran from Arabic and or from a translation from cover to cover.
Regards

morphesium

How your reply answered my questions ?

My questions once again
Sorry for the delay
Science is still at its infancy. For this reason, and to my knowledge, it has never answered all the questions. It has made some theories, made some predictions and as we make progress technologically, we become more and more capable of putting these theories and predictions to test to check its validity, the results of which in turn may agree with or disagree with the original theories or predictions. If it is falsified, things are looked back and re-analysed from the grass root level.
So something that we take as truth may be a false or a "conditional" truth in the future. For example, the concept of time and gravity, velocity etc has changed (or has been additionally supplemented) a lot during the last 100 years since Newton or Kepler. It is a continuously ongoing process, so what I take as an answer may be false or a conditional truth in the future. What ever it be, science is getting more and more advanced as time progress.

And what science has to tell about the born of the universe from null, what was before the singularity ?

I personally have an inclination towards the multiverse theory but since it is not widely accepted I stick on to the Big Bang theory of universe creation here. Time and space (and everything in it) or our universe started with a "big bang" explosion some 13.8 billion years ago. I don't know anything about singularity, but I am sure, since mathematics is the language of nature, with proper advancement in the field, we will know more about this in the future.

How life started from a non-living universe, where did life come from if there was no life to begin with ?

Many theories exist here. Almost everyone of these have one thing in common at the beginning - physical, chemical and environmental conditions became favorable for churning out more and more complex molecules, life supporting chemicals happened to aggregate, over time self replicating molecules formed which on due evolution had life like properties (considered in between living and non-living) and finally simple living organisms formed which finally evolved to multi-cellular and other complex living forms.

Abiogenesis or biopoiesis, is the natural process of life arising from non-living matter, such as simple organic compounds. It is thought to have occurred on Earth between 3.8 and 4 billion years ago, and is studied through a combination of laboratory experiments and extrapolation from the genetic information of modern organisms in order to make reasonable conjectures about what pre-life chemical reactions may have given rise to a living system.

The study of abiogenes is involves three main types of considerations: the geophysical, the chemical, and the biological, with more recent approaches attempting a synthesis of all three. Many approaches investigate how self-replicating molecules, or their components, came into existence. It is generally accepted that current life on Earth descended from an RNA world, although RNA-based life may not have been the first life to have existed. The Miller–Urey experiment and similar experiments demonstrated that most amino acids, basic chemicals of life, can be synthesized from inorganic compounds in conditions intended to be similar to early Earth. Several mechanisms have been investigated, including lightning and radiation. Other approaches ("metabolism first" hypotheses) focus on understanding how catalysis in chemical systems in the early Earth might have provided the precursor molecules necessary for self-replication. Complex organic molecules have been found in the Solar System and in interstellar space, and these molecules may have provided starting material for the development of life on Earth.
Additionally, it is only now (due to modern science), that we have started to understand what life is, what intelligence is, what soul is, what freewill is etc.
Machine robot demonstrates self-awareness solving logic puzzle. This "self-awareness" is s precursor to the concept of soul.
Computer program simulates evolution robotic population.
For artificial intelligence pioneer Marvin Minsky computers have soul.

"The strong alife position states that "life is a process which can be abstracted away from any particular medium" (John von Neumann). Notably, Tom Raydeclared that his program Tierra is not simulating life in a computer but synthesizing it."

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Science is still at its infancy. For this reason, and to my knowledge, it has never answered all the questions. It has made some theories, made some predictions and as we make progress technologically, we become more and more capable of putting these theories and predictions to test to check its validity, the results of which in turn may agree with or disagree with the original theories or predictions. If it is falsified, things are looked back and re-analysed from the grass root level.
So something that we take as truth may be a false or a "conditional" truth in the future.
That is one aspect science is gibberish, till it knows its limitations and does not cross them or its spokespersons.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Many theories exist here. Almost everyone of these have one thing in common at the beginning - physical, chemical and environmental conditions became favorable for churning out more and more complex molecules, life supporting chemicals happened to aggregate, over time self replicating molecules formed which on due evolution had life like properties (considered in between living and non-living) and finally simple living organisms formed which finally evolved to multi-cellular and other complex living forms.
Did time existed then? How could it be over-time? Nothing happens over-time!
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Additionally, it is only now (due to modern science), that we have started to understand what life is, what intelligence is, what soul is, what freewill is etc.
Quran tells us about these things in the language ordinary people use. Scientific terminology is different, it is useless for ordinary human beings, hence it is one aspect of its being gibberish.
Regards

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Quran tells us about these things in the language ordinary people use. Scientific terminology is different, it is useless for ordinary human beings, hence it is one aspect of its being gibberish.
Regards
Then why not learn those terms instead of denouncing them as "useless gibberish?"

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Sure there is no mistakes in Koran,it advises us that woman are created from the ribs of man.Of course this aint be a mistake.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Which verse in the quran that says woman was created from the ribs of man ?
Allaah mentioned that He created a woman from a man, as He Says (which means): {O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate.}[Quran 4:1]. The Prophet
icon--1.gif
also clarified this as he said: "Treat women kindly. The woman has been created from a rib…

just check this

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Allaah mentioned that He created a woman from a man, as He Says (which means): {O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate.}[Quran 4:1]. The Prophet
icon--1.gif
also clarified this as he said: "Treat women kindly. The woman has been created from a rib…

just check this

The verse didn't say Eve was created from Adam, read the verse carefully

O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear Allah , through whom you ask one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allah is ever, over you, an Observer.(4:1)

The verse says that all humans are genderless but were made to be males and females for reproduction, but the souls are equal and similar,IOW the souls
has no gender.

Princeps Eugenius

The verse didn't say Eve was created from Adam, read the verse carefully

O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear Allah , through whom you ask one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allah is ever, over you, an Observer.(4:1)

The verse says that all humans are genderless but were made to be males and females for reproduction, but the souls are equal and similar,IOW the souls
has no gender.
if the soul has no gender how do you explain a muslim will get hoories in heaven, with big breasts and beautiful eyes, for what?

ak.yonathan

I'm a professional editor. I've read the Quran cover to cover in one translation, and vetted that translation against two other translations. The words are the words.

Now you can claim that "I'm not interpreting the words correctly", but how do you know that? The folks running ISIS and Boko Haram would agree with me on how to interpret the words. About 1/3 of Muslims in the world would largely agree with me on my interpretations. So how do you know which interpretations are "correct"?
I think that it is God who will judge on the final day whose interpretation is correct.