• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are no mistakes in Quran

Princeps Eugenius

But he is called Issa in Koran not Jesus. Certainly it does not mean the same thing. There is no trinity in islam.Jesus definitely means trinity and this concept has nothing to do within islamic theories,so it remains meaningless .
Not necessarely. Jehovas witnesses are hardcore bible followers but they dont believe in the trinity. Arians were also were biblical but they saw Jesus as only the Son of God not God himself. I heard in some video on youtube that Isa means something like Allahs chosen one and word of God but im not sure how accurate that is and what the proofs are. But if you hear these titles you'd think a christian is saying them.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Not necessarely. Jehovas witnesses are hardcore bible followers but they dont believe in the trinity. Arians were also were biblical but they saw Jesus as only the Son of God not God himself. I heard in some video on youtube that Isa means something like Allahs chosen one and word of God but im not sure how accurate that is and what the proofs are. But if you hear these titles you'd think a christian is saying them.
Yes,yes,yes,bla bla bla. Sure you know the best, and the arians are on the table ?? Then again bla bla bla x 5 times.

Princeps Eugenius

Yes,yes,yes,bla bla bla. Sure you know the best, and the arians are on the table ?? Then again bla bla bla x 5 times.
Feel free to disprove my points. Arians are on the table because they didnt believe in the trinity and saw Jesus as Gods Son. (Lol am i prophet muhammad, which his followers said: 'allah and his apostle know best', that you give me the honor of 'sure you know the best'?)

MARCELLO

Feel free to disprove my points. Arians are on the table because they didnt believe in the trinity and saw Jesus as Gods Son.
Use google dear. We know that you are without a camera( how meaningful and etc. ) .I am not your tutor ,am I?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
But he is called Issa in Koran not Jesus. Certainly it does not mean the same thing. There is no trinity in islam.Jesus definitely means trinity and this concept has nothing to do within islamic theories,so it remains meaningless .
In regards to Jesus, the difference between Christianity and Islam is in Christianity he is the Messiah and in Islam he is a prophet, but both still hold to the same teachings.

MARCELLO

In regards to Jesus, the difference between Christianity and Islam is in Christianity he is the Messiah and in Islam he is a prophet, but both still hold to the same teachings.
No dear,in islam he is just another prophet,nothing more.

Princeps Eugenius

I believe in the quran Jesus is also the messiah of the jewish people. i believe he is called 'masih' or 'messiah' in it. But ofcourse he is not viewed as the Son of God because the Quran says that Allah doesnt have any Sons or children. Relating to both Christians and polytheists who said that the arabian God Hubal had daughters called Al Manat, Al Uzza and Al Lat.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
This is a common variant on the "you're not reading it right" argument. Plus, it implies that a poster here, is more expert than scholars who spent YEARS laboring over translations.

And if you want to judge who's right then you should have a knowledge on the subject, otherwise it is a biased opinion
which isn't based on knowledge.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
And if you want to judge who's right then you should have a knowledge on the subject, otherwise it is a biased opinion
which isn't based on knowledge.

I'm a professional editor. I've read the Quran cover to cover in one translation, and vetted that translation against two other translations. The words are the words.

Now you can claim that "I'm not interpreting the words correctly", but how do you know that? The folks running ISIS and Boko Haram would agree with me on how to interpret the words. About 1/3 of Muslims in the world would largely agree with me on my interpretations. So how do you know which interpretations are "correct"?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
What about the part where it references the Trinity, then seems to imply that Mary was worshipped as part of the Trinity? Tell me the name of one Christian sect that ever worshipped Mary as part of the Holy Trinity. Why would the Qur'an say this, when the true Trinity is, was, and always has been Father, Son and Holy Ghost?

And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, 'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden. [Qur'an 5:116]

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I'm a professional editor. I've read the Quran cover to cover in one translation, and vetted that translation against two other translations. The words are the words.

Now you can claim that "I'm not interpreting the words correctly", but how do you know that? The folks running ISIS and Boko Haram would agree with me on how to interpret the words. About 1/3 of Muslims in the world would largely agree with me on my interpretations. So how do you know which interpretations are "correct"?

The verse is very clear, it speaks about reproduction. here's the verse and the meaning of it's words

glory to him سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي
created all the pairs خَلَقَ الْأَزْوَاجَ كُلَّهَا
that germinate by earth مِمَّا تُنْبِتُ الْأَرْضُ
and from themselves وَمِنْ أَنْفُسِهِمْ
and from where they don't know وَمِمَّا لَا يَعْلَمُون

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
The verse is very clear, it speaks about reproduction. here's the verse and the meaning of it's words

glory to him سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي
created all the pairs خَلَقَ الْأَزْوَاجَ كُلَّهَا
that germinate by earth مِمَّا تُنْبِتُ الْأَرْضُ
and from themselves وَمِنْ أَنْفُسِهِمْ
and from where they don't know وَمِمَّا لَا يَعْلَمُون

And how do you interpret this verse?

allfoak

Alchemist
There are no mistakes in the Bible either.
They and most every other religious texts have been corrupted on purpose.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
And how do you interpret this verse?

It doesn't need any interpretation, the verse speaks about the creation as a product of the earth (مِمَّا تُنْبِتُ الْأَرْضُ)
that designed and planned by God (سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي), then the verse mentions the creation as being made by pairing (الْأَزْوَاجَ)
and by fission (وَمِنْ أَنْفُسِهِمْ) and the 3rd that happen without knowing and IOW without mating and which is asexual (وَمِمَّا لَا يَعْلَمُون)