• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are too many people who think they are smart in the world an that is why we are divided and in trouble.

Isn't it ironic that I am even daring to post this? The audacity! Who am I to have such an opinion?!
But it is true. Just about every opinion gets platformed. You can't escape people speaking there minds about every subject under God's sun. Even if they don't know anything about the subject they will have an opinion about it. Where did they get their opinions? Somebody else told them which opinion they should have on the subject. So even if a person knows nothing about biology, they'll have an opinion about it because they were given a ready made opinion so they conveniently don't have to formulate one for themselves. Easy-peasy ready-made insta-opinions free for everyone in all walks of life! Snake oil from free! Or is it? In my not so humble opinion we should be more like Socrates - we should humble ourselves and admit that we don't know **** and we should question ourselves and what is going on. We should embrace the fact that nothing is certain especially our opinions and we should acknowledge most of what we know is based on bull**** we have incomplete and erroneous ideas of what we think is true and real but have no means of being proven. Yet we keep going on and on babbling away like our lives depended on it.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
The rise of self and ego, that feeds an unbridled materialism is self destructive.

Our path to unity requires submission to a higher knowledge.

Regards Tony

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Isn't it ironic that I am even daring to post this? The audacity! Who am I to have such an opinion?!
But it is true. Just about every opinion gets platformed. You can't escape people speaking there minds about every subject under God's sun. Even if they don't know anything about the subject they will have an opinion about it. Where did they get their opinions? Somebody else told them which opinion they should have on the subject. So even if a person knows nothing about biology, they'll have an opinion about it because they were given a ready made opinion so they conveniently don't have to formulate one for themselves. Easy-peasy ready-made insta-opinions free for everyone in all walks of life! Snake oil from free! Or is it? In my not so humble opinion we should be more like Socrates - we should humble ourselves and admit that we don't know **** and we should question ourselves and what is going on. We should embrace the fact that nothing is certain especially our opinions and we should acknowledge most of what we know is based on bull**** we have incomplete and erroneous ideas of what we think is true and real but have no means of being proven. Yet we keep going on and on babbling away like our lives depended on it.
Now if that can only apply to people in charge.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

Not at all. A free society allows - even invites you to share your opinion, regardless of where you perceive yourself to be amongst others. Isn't that great? The internet magnifies universal human tendencies so that they're more visible and more accessible than at any time in history so it does seem sometimes like a lot of people out there think they're an expert, but hey, enough of them actually are expert in their field for me to be glad I have a chance to read what they have to say.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
You cannot describe what you cannot prove true as "knowledge," higher or lower. What you actually mean is "unity requires submission to what @TransmutingSoul believes."
That Higher knowledge is self proving. It becomes the standard we can aspire to.

When God told us the only path to peace was in the unity of Nations, that became the standard we need to achieve before humanity can again progress.

When God told us that Science and Religion must work in harmony like the wings of one bird, that is the standard we must acheive, or our destruction is inevitable.

The proofs and wisdom found in the Words given from God, become as obvious as the noon day sun.

Regards Tony

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's okay to disagree.
Imagine the extreme boredom if we all agree with one another.
That would be a banal, utterly meaningless world.
:)

What shocks me is, au contraire, that too many people panic when someone disagree with them.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Sometimes

I'm the type of guy that when I'm convinced enough about something, I'll argue my point correct for as long as it takes for someone else to convince me otherwise, at which point my heart begins beating in my belly like a hummingbird and if I had no loss for words prior to that moment, I would be sure to have nothing much to say after. Not to forget the fire on my face when this happens, at one time I wore that face more often than not. Kids, eh?

So, I'm ok with the Socratic method. One, twice, thrice bitten and a door opens to a new world where it's ok to not know what you think you know and to be a student again.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Perhaps the voting age should be moved up to the mid 20's.

F1fan

Veteran Member
That Higher knowledge is self proving. It becomes the standard we can aspire to.
Right, and that’s why witches were tortured and executed by Christian clergy. And why hijackers flew planes into buildings. And why Baha’i are prejudiced against gays.
When God told us the only path to peace was in the unity of Nations, that became the standard we need to achieve before humanity can again progress.
Any mortal that claims they know a God said anything is suspicious.

Tomef

I sometimes think I’m smart. Sometimes I realise I’m not.

Right, and that’s why witches were tortured and executed by Christian clergy. And why hijackers flew planes into buildings. And why Baha’i are prejudiced against gays.

Non sequitur. What does that even have to do with anything they said about " That Higher knowledge is self proving. It becomes the standard we can aspire to"? Please show us the connection.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Non sequitur. What does that even have to do with anything they said about " That Higher knowledge is self proving. It becomes the standard we can aspire to"? Please show us the connection.
That immoral beliefs and acts can be justified as coming from Higher knowledge from a Higher Power. Such irrational beliefs can divide us and get humanity in trouble.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member

No mortal can claim to know God, they can claim they have come to the knowledge there is a God.

Regards Tony

That immoral beliefs and acts can be justified as coming from Higher knowledge from a Higher Power. Such irrational beliefs can divide us and get humanity in trouble.
Did they justify immoral beliefs and acts with their original statement? Because I missed that part.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Perhaps we should learn to differentiate the smart from the dim, and heed the smart.