• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

there is NO evidence AGAINST Evolution...

outhouse

Atheistically
Just curious...what evidence do you have?

I stated the evidence in my reply.

Ancient Israelites combined two deities into one due to government changes.

he who defines god, creates a god on paper. Not in reality.

Man has a history of creating thousands of gods, this is common knowledge.

It either this or mythology ????

ScuzManiac

I stated the evidence in my reply.

Ancient Israelites combined two deities into one due to government changes.

he who defines god, creates a god on paper. Not in reality.

Man has a history of creating thousands of gods, this is common knowledge.

It either this or mythology ????

Science also has a history of throwing around false information too....

Earth is the center of the universe...

The atom is the smallest particle in existence....

Earth, Water, Air, Fire, Ether, and Phlogiston....

And the list goes on....

Science hasn't always been historically accurate, ya know?

So, while man has a history of creating Gods....

Science has a history of trial and error (with a lot of errors).

Just saying.

And you argue that Israelites combined two deities into one due to a change in government...

That's something that you read in a book that probably isn't more than 20-30 years old.

You know, a book like The Bible (which is much older).

Not that I'm for The Bible but just merely stating that your evidence is pretty weak.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Science also has a history of throwing around false information too....

Science is open to change. Religion is not.

Science observations are falsifiable. Religions are not.

What part of god does not exist scientifically don't you understand?

What part of man creates deities, don't you understand?

WE have a track record in history of man creating thousands of deities at will.

Science is not used in proving mythology is real, history does that for us by study and viewing mans constant errors due to primitive belief.

And you argue that Israelites combined two deities into one due to a change in government...

That's something that you read in a book that probably isn't more than 20-30 years old.

Nope. It is a well known history. We have pictures of Yahweh drawn by Israelites that is 2800 years old. In this picture, they gave Els wife to Yahweh.

Ancient Canaanite writing shows Yahweh was their god first in their mythology as the son of El and brother of Baal.

Once one knows cultural anthropology, one understands the total picture here. Without it, your blind.

History of ancient Israel and Judah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israelite monotheism evolved gradually out of pre-existing beliefs and practices of the ancient world.[76] The religion of the Israelites of Iron Age I, like the Canaanite faith from which it evolved[77] and other ancient Near Eastern religions, was based on a cult of ancestors and worship of family gods (the "gods of the fathers").[78] Its major deities were not numerous – El, Asherah, and Yahweh, with Baal as a fourth god, and perhaps Shamash (the sun) in the early period.[79] By the time of the early Hebrew kings, El and Yahweh had become fused and Asherah did not continue as a separate state cult,[79] although she continued to be popular at a community level until Persian times.[80] Yahweh, later the national god of both Israel and Judah, seems to have originated in Edom and Midian in southern Canaan

ScuzManiac

Science is open to change. Religion is not.

Science observations are falsifiable. Religions are not.

What part of god does not exist scientifically don't you understand?

What part of man creates deities, don't you understand?

WE have a track record in history of man creating thousands of deities at will.

Science is not used in proving mythology is real, history does that for us by study and viewing mans constant errors due to primitive belief.

Nope. It is a well known history. We have pictures of Yahweh drawn by Israelites that is 2800 years old. In this picture, they gave Els wife to Yahweh.

Ancient Canaanite writing shows Yahweh was their god first in their mythology as the son of El and brother of Baal.

Once one knows cultural anthropology, one understands the total picture here. Without it, your blind.

History of ancient Israel and Judah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israelite monotheism evolved gradually out of pre-existing beliefs and practices of the ancient world.[76] The religion of the Israelites of Iron Age I, like the Canaanite faith from which it evolved[77] and other ancient Near Eastern religions, was based on a cult of ancestors and worship of family gods (the "gods of the fathers").[78] Its major deities were not numerous – El, Asherah, and Yahweh, with Baal as a fourth god, and perhaps Shamash (the sun) in the early period.[79] By the time of the early Hebrew kings, El and Yahweh had become fused and Asherah did not continue as a separate state cult,[79] although she continued to be popular at a community level until Persian times.[80] Yahweh, later the national god of both Israel and Judah, seems to have originated in Edom and Midian in southern Canaan

You keep saying that "God does not exist scientifically" yet you aren't giving me any reason as to why. The only thing you have done so far is cited something from a book and referenced a Wikipedia page which is hardly a credible source.

No one can PROVE that God is real and no one can PROVE God isn't real.

There's really no arguing that.

Science may one day prove without a shadow of a doubt where life as we know it originated and how but as of right now, it's all THEORY....

Your arguments are like saying that every person that was ever crucified also claimed to be the son of God. Again, I don't agree with 99% of what is written in The Bible but I also don't agree with people who say that scientifically, there is no God but don't throw out any REAL evidence.....

Watch how easy this is....

Scientifically, there is no proof that there isn't a God.

*Insert Thomas Aquinas Wikipedia Page Here*

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
What part of perception is not proof, do you understand.

You have no proofs at all.

Experiences mean nothing here.

Interpretation means nothing.

You have no proof at all of anything.

Popularity means nothing when it comes to reality or credible evidence.

As I've said before, religion is more akin to art than empirical science. It's like asking to provide empirical evidence that you love someone. You're looking at it completely wrong. Religion belongs to the realm of the abstract, the numinous - not to the realm of microscopes and instruments of measurements. If you keep looking at it that way, you'll never understand it and your conclusions will always be wrong from the very foundation.

ScuzManiac

As I've said before, religion is more akin to art than empirical science. It's like asking to provide empirical evidence that you love someone. You're looking at it completely wrong. Religion belongs to the realm of the abstract, the numinous - not to the realm of microscopes and instruments of measurements. If you keep looking at it that way, you'll never understand it and your conclusions will always be wrong from the very foundation.

That's a good way of putting it BUT...

I don't think he/she is wrong. I just like presenting an argument.

However, that comparison doesn't do your argument much justice.

It's like saying "I can't prove to you that I like oranges."

And it also validates the fact that nothing in regards to religion...

Can ever really be proven....but science can (most of the time).

outhouse

Atheistically
You keep saying that "God does not exist scientifically" yet you aren't giving me any reason as to why.

There is nothing to test and observe and report on.

Scientifically, there is no proof that there isn't a God.

True, they can only work with something that exist.

BUT

Scientifically, there is no proof that there isn't a yellow rubber ducky God.

That logic or reasoning helps nothing in any debate.

Like it or not

I have evidence man creates deities.

I have evidence only ancient men who wrote mythology constantly changed the definition of what you call god, based a deity they used from previous religions every Christian would call pagan :sarcastic

The reason there are atheist is due to education and knowledge and people who refuse to keep making ancient men's mistakes attributing things to concepts that are not there due to their ignorance of the natural world around them.

This is a matter of history you seem not to know or understand.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
As I've said before, religion is more akin to art than empirical science.

I agree.

Religion belongs to the realm of the abstract, the numinous - not to the realm of microscopes and instruments of measurements.

Agreed.

If you keep looking at it that way

Your assuming again :tsk:

I am not anti theist. I don't care what people believe, or have a lack of. But when asked. I can do it.

I don't need science. History and history alone could be used in a court of law, and I could win the case with an unbiased jury. All based on the thousands of other deities you will admit man created in mythology.

ScuzManiac

There is nothing to test and observe and report on.

True, they can only work with something that exist.

BUT

Scientifically, there is no proof that there isn't a yellow rubber ducky God.

That logic or reasoning helps nothing in any debate.

Like it or not

I have evidence man creates deities.

I have evidence only ancient men who wrote mythology constantly changed the definition of what you call god, based a deity they used from previous religions every Christian would call pagan :sarcastic

The reason there are atheist is due to education and knowledge and people who refuse to keep making ancient men's mistakes attributing things to concepts that are not there due to their ignorance of the natural world around them.

This is a matter of history you seem not to know or understand.

But WHERE is your evidence?

A Wikipedia article? A book you read?

That's not very solid evidence.

I guess someone could also present you with evidence that God exists.

A Wikipedia article and a Billy Graham book.

outhouse

Atheistically
But WHERE is your evidence?

A Wikipedia article? A book you read?

That's not very solid evidence.

I guess someone could also present you with evidence that God exists.

A Wikipedia article and a Billy Graham book.

Your ignorance, of the evidence is not my problem :rolleyes:

I have explained it, I don't expect you to understand what took me years to learn from professors.

ScuzManiac

Your ignorance, of the evidence is not my problem :rolleyes:

I have explained it, I don't expect you to understand what took me years to learn from professors.

Professors? Okay.

Calling me ignorant is also a very bold statement considering the fact that your last response had VERY poor sentence structure.

Anyways, I just expected a little more evidence than a Wikipedia article and a book.

Either way, we can call it quits there.

Does anyone else have anything to contribute to this thread?

I would absolutely love to read it!

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
:cold:5
Professors? Okay.

Calling me ignorant is also a very bold statement considering the fact that your last response had VERY poor sentence structure.

Anyways, I just expected a little more evidence than a Wikipedia article and a book.

Either way, we can call it quits there.

Does anyone else have anything to contribute to this thread?

I would absolutely love to read it!

You criticise science for claiming to have proven things it has not proven, but science does not deal with proof. Proof is for math and brewing, science deals with data and explanations of data.

ScuzManiac

:cold:5

You criticise science for claiming to have proven things it has not proven, but science does not deal with proof. Proof is for math and brewing, science deals with data and explanations of data.

No, I was criticizing him for SAYING he could prove it...

And all he did was give me a Wikipedia article and babble from a book he read.

Huge difference.

But anyways...

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Biologists (and all of us) have proved that extinction of species exists.
So Extinction is the proof that evolution theory is not wrong.

Evolutionism is a theory: it is not the absolute scientifical truth. But it is obviously very useful to figure out that everything changes in nature.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Biologists (and all of us) have proved that extinction of species exists.
So Extinction is the proof that evolution theory is not wrong.

Evolutionism is a theory: it is not the absolute scientifical truth. But it is obviously very useful to figure out that everything changes in nature.

:facepalm:

outhouse

Atheistically

Calling me ignorant

Well all we have proven is your lack of comprehensive skills.

I did not call you ignorant :facepalm: I stated you don't have any historical knowledge on the subject that you decided to jump into, and try to correct me .

I just expected

There is your problem.

If you don't understand the evidence, you can expect all you want.

ScuzManiac

Well all we have proven is your lack of comprehensive skills.

I did not call you ignorant :facepalm: I stated you don't have any historical knowledge on the subject that you decided to jump into, and try to correct me .

There is your problem.

If you don't understand the evidence, you can expect all you want.

We also learned about your lack of evidence.

And once again, we learned about your poor sentence structure.

Thanks for chatting though!

outhouse

Atheistically
we learned about your poor sentence structure.

Glad you correcting me. Never claimed to know everything.

I do enjoy being corrected. Thank you.

We also learned about your lack of evidence.

One more time, you need to know the evidence being presented.

If you don't know it, you cannot comment against it.

Do you know the Canaanite mythology, and religions ? Their culture?

Do you understand Israel's ethnogenesis?

ScuzManiac

Glad you correcting me. Never claimed to know everything.

I do enjoy being corrected. Thank you.

One more time, you need to know the evidence being presented.

If you don't know it, you cannot comment against it.

Do you know the Canaanite mythology, and religions ? Their culture?

Do you understand Israel's ethnogenesis?

You're very welcome.

And yes, I do. Why wouldn't I?

It's something that was heavily glamorized just a few years ago.

If anyone here reads popular religion, they should know it as well.

AndromedaRXJ

Science has a history of trial and error

That's how science works. We can't make advancements without trial and error.

The Wright brothers didn't make a flying machine on their first try. They had to keep building machines and testing them until finally, they made the right machine.