• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is no evidence for a god.

What evidence do you have that there is a god?
532625_516848545002828_801353385_n.jpg

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
About as much evidence as there is for talking planets, reading the universe, communicating with squids and speaking with quarks.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Thing is, for some people the threshold for evidence is so low it's on par with claims made in comic books, and I'm talking Donald Duck here.

rusra02

Premium Member
What evidence do you have that there is a god?
532625_516848545002828_801353385_n.jpg

The explorer that discovers a lost city in the jungle recognizes immediately that some intelligent persons built it. I think the evidence for a master Designer is all around us, from the incomparable beauty and utility of the human eye, to the shape of our nose. As Psalm 100:3 says: "Know that Jehovah is God. It is he that has made us." BTW, all persons who believe in creation are NOT YECs.

The explorer that discovers a lost city in the jungle recognizes immediately that some intelligent persons built it. I think the evidence for a master Designer is all around us, from the incomparable beauty and utility of the human eye, to the shape of our nose. As Psalm 100:3 says: "Know that Jehovah is God. It is he that has made us." BTW, all persons who believe in creation are NOT YECs.

[youtube]Nwew5gHoh3E[/youtube]
Richard Dawkins demonstrates the evolution of the eye - YouTube watch that to explain your eye argument.
The shape of the nose argument makes no sense.
a bible psalm isnt a bit of proof.
We can agree you have no evidence for god.

attachment.php

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The watchmaker fallacy?
Seriously?

Also that argument shoots itself in the foot because if a creator makes something as complex as the eye then this designer would have to be more complex himself. + he has to forgive sins, bless marriages, favour our side in a war, disaprove or our sex life and so on. Complexity is the problem every biology theory has to solve, and you cant solve it by postulating an agent that is even more complex.