• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I just noticed an atheist ad went up near my apartment, and it's not bad. It's a very pretty stained glass imitation that just says "Imagine no religion." I think it's from freedomfromreligion.com.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I just noticed an atheist ad went up near my apartment, and it's not bad. It's a very pretty stained glass imitation that just says "Imagine no religion." I think it's from freedomfromreligion.com.

Yeah, that's their slogan. I like it better than their seasonal "Reason's Greetings" one they also use.

The one I absolutely don't undertstand the controversy over is the one that was refused for buses in Halifax: "You can be good without God." The transit agency said it was too offensive... For reasons that completely escape me.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Yeah, that's crazy. That's one of the best ones I've heard of. It's short, to the point, gets right to the heart of the matter, and I can't see how it would be offensive at all. That would be a great slogan to have out there.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
The one I absolutely don't undertstand the controversy over is the one that was refused for buses in Halifax: "You can be good without God." The transit agency said it was too offensive... For reasons that completely escape me.
facepalm.jpeg

What is wrong with people?

ayani

well, the possibility of there being a God potentially raises the question of how we are to interact with God, what He wants us to do, and how we can get to know Him better. this assumes that God is in fact knowable on some level, relational, and seeking personal interaction with us.

the possibility of a relationship or personal intimacy with a God who is first and foremost Someone is at the heart of the Christian worldview. so for a Christian, how one relates to and follows God would directly impact how much and about what they worry, and in what ways life in enjoyed and enriched.