• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Do Not Understand

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
escape-motorbike.gif

Surely this is not the way to ride a bike

ChristineM

Premium Member
I posted this on another thread but i think it should go here too, just because...

My mother-in-law began reading “The Exorcist”. She said it was the most evil book she'd ever read. So evil in fact, she couldn’t finish it. She took it to Blackpool and threw it in the sea off the North Pier.
I went out and bought another copy, ran it under the tap and put it back in her bedside drawer. I’m going to Hell I know but at least I’ll go laughing !!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I posted this on another thread but i think it should go here too, just because...

My mother-in-law began reading “The Exorcist”. She said it was the most evil book she'd ever read. So evil in fact, she couldn’t finish it. She took it to Blackpool and threw it in the sea off the North Pier.
I went out and bought another copy, ran it under the tap and put it back in her bedside drawer. I’m going to Hell I know but at least I’ll go laughing !!
So what did she do?

ChristineM

Premium Member
My cats just show up and stay. No one night stands with a cat. You feed him, he's in love.

Same here. We came to france with 2, lost one to kidney disease, another adopted us and lost an argument with a speeding car much too young. Since then we've acquired 3 strays and a neighbours cat who prefers to live here.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Science is ethically agnostic, so it would make sense that people who have a problem with ethics would prefer science over a discipline which has a basis in ethics.

View attachment 96989

Agnosticism is of the essence of science, whether ancient or modern. It simply means that a man shall not say he knows or believes that which he has no scientific grounds for professing to know or believe.

Agnosticism: A Symposium (1884)