• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Learned on RF Today

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That RF members are not actually inside my computer.

what.jpg

Tomef

Rest assured that this message has been penned by a real person who does not reside in your computer. I am on another computer at the other end of a piece of wire connected to your computer
Yes I’ve heard about the ‘internet’ theory. I don’t find it plausible. After all, if time travel is impossible, how can the internet access things in the past? It’s as crazy as that round planet nonsense.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh really? Bit dusty in there. Still, you aren’t paying any rent, so that’s your problem.
...until cooling is impacted and it starts overheating.

I've been meaning to mention, it's getting quite warm in here...

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I probably fall into that camp because I find law to be extraordinarily boring. And most Americans struggle to pay rent and put food on the table and so law is probably the last thing they care about, until they confront it personally. But I agree that knowing it is important - if for no other reason so that we will understand what we will lose/how things will change if MAGA takes over next year.
I'll tell you this much: if the MAGA Republicans take over, a lot more will be lost, and there will be more change for the worse, than those MAGAs imagine. They're like the rats (and the kids) following the Pied Piper to their doom.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
I'll tell you this much: if the MAGA Republicans take over, a lot more will be lost, and there will be more change for the worse, than those MAGAs imagine. They're like the rats (and the kids) following the Pied Piper to their doom.

When I look at the agenda of the Trump cultists, the main thing that really worries me is their planned assault on the environment, an issue the Ds need to emphasize more. Trump will rape the earth for even a little short-term profit. I can say this with confidence because of what he did and tried to do in his first term. Sadly, the media ignores nature unless it is a dramatic event such as a hurricane, etc.

I really do think Trump is a good candidate for being the anti-Christ, but ultimately fails (oh, one positive thing in his favor).Many will disagree.

I can't shake this feeling of doom.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
88. But I have heard people complain about the "heat" when the temperatures were in the low 70's. And one year I cursed up a storm because I had to turn the heat on in my house on the third of July. That was the year that I realized that summer does not officially start here until the fourth of July.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
When I look at the agenda of the Trump cultists, the main thing that really worries me is their planned assault on the environment, an issue the Ds need to emphasize more. Trump will rape the earth for even a little short-term profit. I can say this with confidence because of what he did and tried to do in his first term. Sadly, the media ignores nature unless it is a dramatic event such as a hurricane, etc.

I really do think Trump is a good candidate for being the anti-Christ, but ultimately fails (oh, one positive thing in his favor).Many will disagree.

I can't shake this feeling of doom.
The Gilded Age was a period in American history that lasted from the late 1870s to the early 1900s. It was a time of economic growth, industrialization, and prosperity for the wealthy, but also of exploitation and poverty for the working class. The term "Gilded Age" comes from Mark Twain's 1873 novel of the same name, which he co-wrote with Charles Dudley Warner. Twain used the term to describe a period that was "glittering on the surface but corrupt underneath".

Edith Wharton, Virginia Woolf, Henry James, F. S. Fitzgerald, even Hemingway, and many great writers wrote marvelous stories of "the well to do" in this era, but left out the lives of the everyday man, that is until the Great Depression hit to put an end to "most" of The Gilded Age.

The same way Putin wants a return to the great USSR, Trump wants a return to the Gilded Age of his heritage. He was clever with M A G A supposed standing for Make America Great Again, when for him and his ilk, it really stands for what goes with his theme song: money, money, money.

Make America Gilded Again

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
88. But I have heard people complain about the "heat" when the temperatures were in the low 70's. And one year I cursed up a
storm because I had to turn the heat on in my house on the third of July. That was the year that I realized that summer does not officially start here until the fourth of July.
Well, I don't know why it did that but I also don't much care why so there's that. Anyway, mid 80s here and people are freaking out about the "heat." Hey, I am from Texas - let me tell you about some heat.