• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Learned on RF Today

Tomef

I learned that posting on the internet cannot, in fact, cure all ills.

Maybe this is why people like Jesus, like back then, when they were chiselling their memes on bits of stone, Jesus could come around and cast out demons, heal people, make wine and such. Maybe there's something to this whole religion thing?

Secret Chief

Degrow!
It seems the body produces a bit of alcohol on its own that should have registered
Nope. After consumption (depending on various factors) there can be alcohol in the urine for some days, but at the end of the day, alcohol is an external, consumed toxin. (Professor Google agrees with me).

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I once got pulled just after lunch (favourite drinking time here). Blow into this .. 0.00. The gendarme didn't believe it took the meter to his inspector. Came back and sent me on my way.
It seems the body produces a bit of alcohol on its own that should have registered :shrug:

In all my years of driving, I've never had to take a breathalyzer test or any of the standard "drunk tests" they give people they suspect of driving under the influence. There was a time when I got pulled over on I-40 in another state for allegedly following too close to the vehicle in front of me. They told me that they were looking for drug smugglers, as I-40 was a major conduit for drug traffic. So they searched my vehicle for drugs. They didn't find any. It was all pretty friendly, more or less. They gave me a verbal warning for following too close, and then sent me on my way. However, it was one of those instances where it could have gone incredibly bad, if I had shown some degree of attitude or defiance. I could have ended up in one of those viral videos on YouTube.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Nope. After consumption (depending on various factors) there can be alcohol in the urine for some days, but at the end of the day, alcohol is an external, consumed toxin. (Professor Google agrees with me).

Actually it's ethanol (alcohol)

The human body constantly forms ethanol acetaldehyde through various metabolic processes
Courtesy Professor MDPI.com

ChristineM

Premium Member
In all my years of driving, I've never had to take a breathalyzer test or any of the standard "drunk tests" they give people they suspect of driving under the influence. There was a time when I got pulled over on I-40 in another state for allegedly following too close to the vehicle in front of me. They told me that they were looking for drug smugglers, as I-40 was a major conduit for drug traffic. So they searched my vehicle for drugs. They didn't find any. It was all pretty friendly, more or less. They gave me a verbal warning for following too close, and then sent me on my way. However, it was one of those instances where it could have gone incredibly bad, if I had shown some degree of attitude or defiance. I could have ended up in one of those viral videos on YouTube.

In the UK it is (was, probably not now) a bit different. Many years ago i got pulled over, the reason was " we are checking for stolen Christmas trees "

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Actually it's ethanol (alcohol)

The human body constantly forms ethanol acetaldehyde through various metabolic processes
Courtesy Professor MDPI.com
Ethanol acetaldehyde is a byproduct that is only formed upon the breakdown of consumed ethanol (aka alcohol), by the liver enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase. Alcohol is a poison and the body treats it as such.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Ethanol acetaldehyde is a byproduct that is only formed upon the breakdown of consumed ethanol (aka alcohol), by the liver enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase. Alcohol is a poison and the body treats it as such.

Abstract. Ethanol is constantly formed endogenously from acetaldehyde, and level of the former can be measured in both human beings and animals. Acetaldehyde can be generated in situ from the metabolism of pyruvate, threonine, deoxyribose-5-phosphate, phosphoethanolamine, alanine and presumably from other substrates.
Endogenous ethanol--its metabolic, behavioral and biomedical significance - PubMed.

The average human digestive system produces approximately 3 g of ethanol per day through fermentation of its contents. Such production generally does not have any forensic significance because the ethanol is broken down before significant intoxication ensues.

Pharmacology of ethanol - Wikipedia.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Abstract. Ethanol is constantly formed endogenously from acetaldehyde, and level of the former can be measured in both human beings and animals. Acetaldehyde can be generated in situ from the metabolism of pyruvate, threonine, deoxyribose-5-phosphate, phosphoethanolamine, alanine and presumably from other substrates.
Endogenous ethanol--its metabolic, behavioral and biomedical significance - PubMed.

The average human digestive system produces approximately 3 g of ethanol per day through fermentation of its contents. Such production generally does not have any forensic significance because the ethanol is broken down before significant intoxication ensues.

Pharmacology of ethanol - Wikipedia.
Sheesh! I used wiki and the nhs!