• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Think the world will end?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So the world is "going" to end at 6pm any thoughts on this?

None whatsoever except for all the forum fun that most of us are going to have. Vodka, punch, chips, popcorn and a radio to hear the minute to minute updates. Like Less Nessman and the turkey drop. :D

:balloons:

Cordoba

Nobody knows when the end will be

Only God knows, as stated in the Qur'an

"They ask you, [O Muhammad], about the Hour: when is its arrival?

Say, "Its knowledge is only with my Lord.

None will reveal its time except Him.

It lays heavily upon the heavens and the earth.

It will not come upon you except unexpectedly."

They ask you as if you are familiar with it. Say, "Its knowledge is only with Allah, but most of the people do not know."" (7:187)

The best approach for a believer is to submit to God's will and do one's best while we are here ...

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
No, but one positive if it did happen is I wouldn't have to sit my exams next week.

Wombat

Yea....
Visualise back to the time and place of origin of any of the ancient prophecies re End of World...
Picture the clothing, housing, furniture, lighting, food, transportation, medical-educational-vocational and recreation options, means of communication....visualise ‘the world’ as it was.....
Now....have a look around your current environment....is there >anything< that you would immediately recognise if transported from the ancient world...or even the world of the 1600’s?
If you can find a familiar remnant of the old world then please take note of it, detail in a post and at light speed that shatters the tyranny of distance send it to me on the other side of the world...and please...as you hit ‘submit reply’...do try to keep a straight face as you declare- “The world has not already ended”!
:D

Greyn

South of Providence
Um...
Is that 6pm EST?

This is probably the most important question. I must have missed the memo concerning the time. I am really booked up around that time....

And why are there quotes around "going"? Do you think the world has already ended?

BruceDLimber

Nah.

It will last billions of years more until the sun evenatually expands (by which time we'll doubtless have relocated)!

Anyway, "end of the world" is a mistranslation! The word in the original Greek is "eras," meaning "world" or "age."

And the translators of the KJV Bible picked the wrong meaning: the actual meaning is the "end of the Age," which already came and went around a century and a half ago!

Simple as that.

Peace, :)

Bruce

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Is that a prophesy or a guess?

Man is a creature that soils the nest.

Saw a documentary on bottled water recently.
Paying for water in bottles.
Some people laughed when the idea was first tabled.

But soon to come....the price will spike.

Unlike other resources....there is no alternative.

And then someone did a documentary about this planet.
Apparently, there is sufficient chemistry for only 9billion people.
We will reach that number, within my life time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm sure we can exceed that number significantly.
The real question will be when diminishing quality of life begins to curb profligacy.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Man is a creature that soils the nest.

Saw a documentary on bottled water recently.
Paying for water in bottles.
Some people laughed when the idea was first tabled.

But soon to come....the price will spike.

Unlike other resources....there is no alternative.

And then someone did a documentary about this planet.
So am I to assume that it is a guess?
Albeit an educated one?