• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This & That: The Reflections of Allfoak

allfoak

Alchemist
Sitting-Too-Much-Is-Unhealthy.jpg

allfoak

Alchemist
Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan's Teachings

There is no need for us to say anything about others. There is no need for you or for me to regard other's actions in our thoughts one way or another. The worst thing we can do is to force people to agree with us. I mean that we shouldn't try to impose our will when people don't behave the way we want them to. The worst thing one can do is to confront human beings bluntly. A warrior proceeds strategically. If one wants to stop our fellow men one must always be outside the circle that presses them. That way one can always direct the pressure.

post-3-0-89372100-1368742965.gif

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I'm wondering if it's a shame that Christianity got made into something too narrow. This narrow traditional Christianity is not so slowly dying in the 21st century. I for one had to turn to advaita Hinduism for comfort instead of my own family's Catholic tradition.
And I think the idea behind the Catholic church was to incorporate ideas and beliefs from multiple religions to make Catholicism the one and only faith. (katholicos = universal, which can mean "all encompassing" or "all including" if I understand it right.)

allfoak

Alchemist
And I think the idea behind the Catholic church was to incorporate ideas and beliefs from multiple religions to make Catholicism the one and only faith. (katholicos = universal, which can mean "all encompassing" or "all including" if I understand it right.)

While you are welcome to comment on the things i post, i would appreciate it if you would not hijack my journal to have a discussion with someone else.

thank you
:)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
No, I think it was to be the universal Christian faith. Non-Abrahamic religions were not on the radar at that time for the founders.

allfoak

Alchemist
since i often have to much time on my hands....

59914ebf69ff017f2224884685166809.jpg
I have been asking myself this question again.

How is it that i know that i know what it is that i think i know?

2363CA85-7AAD-11E3-A78E67FAC02F8862_4ED5DDCC-B268-69D0-E2C710B14B4CA007.png
What's the answer?

If i told you then you wouldn't know it.
811d2bc380a574ebc5faa5d92e9aea88.jpg
Now that we've had lunch...

f7fdd1788af09d9c85045ceebbad7748.jpg

quote-man-know-thyself-then-thou-shalt-know-the-universe-and-god-pythagoras-260768.jpg

Last edited:

allfoak

Alchemist
Luke 8 English Standard Version

9 And when his disciples asked him what this parable meant, 10 he said, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God, but for others they are in parables, so that ‘seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand.’ 11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 The ones along the path are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13 And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away. 14 And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature. 15 As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.

This is the marriage of the Lamb.

This is how the divine pattern (Divine Marriage) works on a personal level.
The word is male.
Those that receive it are the females that hold it in their heart (womb) and with patience bear fruit (give birth).

Life is the same on every scale.

2howry8.jpg

star%20of%20david.jpg

alchemicalandrogyne.jpg

allfoak

Alchemist
Happy Turkey day
I mean happy thank you day,
Wait, happy high holy thank you, turkey day.
That's better.

For those that celebrate:
Happy High Holy Thank You, Turkey Day!

Thanksgiving.jpg