• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today Rival...

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Replace it with
Beans (20% protein), hemp (45%), tofu (8%), soya meat alternatives (20%), Quorn (14%), etc....

Proteins are what makes you feel full, there are plenty of meat alternatives. ;)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Beans (20% protein), hemp (45%), tofu (8%), soya meat alternatives (20%), Quorn (14%), etc....

Proteins are what makes you feel full, there are plenty of meat alternatives. ;)
nuts and other seeds, rice, quinoa oat
I don't eat soy/tofu unless im eating out at like Chinese food wel ltake home

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
But...cows!

But animals die whatever your diet is! Millions upon millions of voles, shrew, mice, rats and rabbits and insects are swept up into the blades of combine harvesters, or poisoned by farmers to protect crops, or hunted by rabbiting dogs to clear their warrens in the pursuit of growing vegetables11!11!!111

Iti oj

Premium Member
But animals die whatever your diet is! Millions upon millions of voles, shrew, mice, rats and rabbits and insects are swept up into the blades of combine harvesters, or poisoned by farmers to protect crops, or hunted by rabbiting dogs to clear their warrens in the pursuit of growing vegetables11!11!!111
to be fair im completely against modern agriculture as a whole. Big agro is a huge threat to this planet regardless of dietary choice.

Still doesn't justify apathy or eating meat.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
to be fair im completely against modern agriculture as a whole. Big agro is a huge threat to this planet regardless of dietary choice.

Still doesn't justify apathy or eating meat.

Even in classical agriculture if a bunch of rabbits destroys your crop, the farmer usually uses or hires dogs to go and find these rabbits and destroy their warren. Sure, the death toll is much greater in industrial farming, but it's never animal-death free.

I'm not using it as a justification for eating meat, but more as a cautionary tale for magifying any vegetarian or vegan diet as being, somehow, the saviour of animals.

Chakra

Premium Member
I'm not using it as a justification for eating meat, but more as a cautionary tale for magifying any vegetarian or vegan diet as being, somehow, the saviour of animals.
It's the best we can do. No one said we were perfect, especially when we live in a imperfect society.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Even in classical agriculture if a bunch of rabbits destroys your crop, the farmer usually uses or hires dogs to go and find these rabbits and destroy their warren. Sure, the death toll is much greater in industrial farming, but it's never animal-death free.

That's true, though permaculture strives to create a system with balance where that might not be necessary(though it is a bit of a dream for 100%) I mean ill kill termites that get into my house.

wizanda

Premium Member
Why do meat eaters always need to make a point?

Like vegans get accused of being pushy....

Yet the moment you mention, I've decided to stop eating meat, out comes all the spiel, "if you didn't eat cows, they be extinct already, animals need you to eat them to continue their survival." :rolleyes:

somehow, the saviour of animals.
Watch the documentary (it's on Netflix), and you'll realize one of the planet's biggest polluters is cattle; therefore a vegan/veggie diet, might be the saviour of mankind. ;)

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Why do meat eaters always need to make a point?

Like vegans get accused of being pushy....

Yet the moment you mention, I've decided to stop eating meat, out comes all the spiel, "if you didn't eat cows, they be extinct already, animals need you to eat them to continue their survival." :rolleyes:

Watch the documentary (it's on Netflix), and you'll realize one of the planet's biggest polluters is cattle; therefore a vegan/veggie diet might be the saviour of mankind. ;)

I don't necessarily disagree with you Wiz, don't get me wrong. I mainly argue the Vegan/Vegetarian rhetoric of 'It's cruel!' and 'You're killing animals!'

Sure it's cruel. But so is a painful and agonizing death at the hands of poison laid out to protect their precious vegetables.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I'm not doing it primarily for the animals, I'm doing it because I don't think it's natural for humans to eat meat.

Humans didn't evolve to eat meat originally, it's true. We did, however, adapt to eat meat over time.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I don't necessarily disagree with you Wiz, don't get me wrong. I mainly argue the Vegan/Vegetarian rhetoric of 'It's cruel!' and 'You're killing animals!'

Sure it's cruel. But so is a painful and agonizing death at the hands of poison laid out to protect their precious vegetables.
im more its bad for the environment, bad for society and unnecessary... though the cruelty aspect is certainly true.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member

Big whole in your argument is that most farmed vegetarian food goes to feed animals that people eventually eat, so meat eaters are killing double.

wizanda

Premium Member
I don't think it's natural for humans to eat meat.
As a qualified chef, it is what i learned at college that made me finally stop eating meat....

The collagen in beef isn't digestible with our stomach's acid, therefore we serve it with mustard, horseradish, etc, to increase the Saliva to help even consume it.

These learned later, yet it had already started to make me question, are we even designed/evolved to eat animals. o_O

Eating pig has been shown to lead to arthritis.

Milk causes osteoporosis.

Eggs cause high cholesterol.

Since meat isn't digestible, we sit with miles of it within out intestines, slowing down our whole metabolism, and thus making us age.
We did, however, adapt to eat meat over time.
Biology/science says not, only religions and agricultural businesses have told us we can, yet it is a lie, and now even mainstream papers are printing, 'red meat causes the same risk of getting cancer, as smoking'.

xcpw.jpg

Chakra

Premium Member
As a qualified chef, it is what i learned at college that made me finally stop eating meat....

The collagen in beef isn't digestible with our stomach's acid, therefore we serve it with mustard, horseradish, etc, to increase the Saliva to help even consume it.
Do you have other examples like this that you could share with us?