• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tongues of the Holy Spirit are real

Why does one go into a trance when one speaks in tongues. Every time I speak in toungues I reach a higher state of consciousness. Just like when you meditate or in hypnosis. Surely gobbeldygook does not have that power?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Why does one go into a trance when one speaks in tongues. Every time I speak in toungues I reach a higher state of consciousness. Just like when you meditate or in hypnosis. Surely gobbeldygook does not have that power?
Are you monotheistic now? Or atheism with a touch of good ole religion?

Or are these demons...?

WalterTrull

Godfella
Had to check to see if this was in "jokes". Nope, so I don't know where you are going with this. You speak in tongues???? :shrug:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
What indicates, do you, that you are reaching a "higher state of consciousness" rather than being involved in what is more likely a state of temporary hysteria?

What indicates, do you, that you are reaching a "higher state of consciousness" rather than being involved in what is more likely a state of temporary hysteria?
I feel the same floating sensation that I have felt when meditating. Also I have greater power to experience visions and receive messages fron God.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I feel the same floating sensation that I have felt when meditating. Also I have greater power to experience visions and receive messages fron God.
That's not really a sufficient answer. How do you know that neither of those sensations or experiences are simply a result of temporary hysteria?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Temporary hysteria? No. Hysteria is out of control. These tongues are real.
You're not answering my question. The question is: How do you KNOW it is real rather than imagined?

For example, where I live there are regularly homeless people around. One of them, a fairly well known regular of the area, wanders around shirtless, talking to himself, laughing and often accosting strangers. Is he experiencing the holy ghost?