• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 Reassons Jesus is not God

Muffled

Jesus in me
Muffled said:
I believe I have shown where the gospels agree with me and that you have not shown where you think they disagree.

Right here:

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
The person in the video claims that Jesus never claimed divintiy. I believe that is false. He equated Himself with Goid by saying "I and my Father are one."

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The person in the video claims that Jesus never claimed divintiy. That is false. Jesus equated himself with God by saying I and my Father are one.
But he most of the time deals with "the Father" as a separate entity, such as when he said that he did not know when the end of times would be and only "the Father" knows for sure. To me, the verse you're paraphrasing I interpret as him saying that he and God are pretty much on the same page.

Muffled

Jesus in me
1. God can't be born.

I believe this is false. There is nothing in any text that says God can't be born. It is true that God has always existed as a spirit but a spirit can reside in a body and that is what the everlasting God has done in Jesus.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1. God can't be born.

I believe this is false. There is nothing in any text that says God can't be born. It is true that God has always existed as a spirit but a spirit can reside in a body and that is what the everlasting God has done in Jesus.
Obviously! What "God can't be born" means is YHVH has no beginning which beginning takes place at a person's birth.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
The Deen Show? You have to be kidding me lol. James White did a response to this forever ago.

Spoiler for video. This is just Part I.

Muffled

Jesus in me
But he most of the time deals with "the Father" as a separate entity, such as when he said that he did not know when the end of times would be and only "the Father" knows for sure. To me, the verse you're paraphrasing I interpret as him saying that he and God are pretty much on the same page.

I believe this is relational not substantial.

I believe this is due to the fact that the body will not exist forever and therefore Jesus as a physical entity will not exist forever either but the Father does.

I believe many people do but taht ignores what the stateent says. It does not say they are one on the same page but simply that they are one. However oneness implies being on the same page.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe this is relational not substantial.

I believe this is due to the fact that the body will not exist forever and therefore Jesus as a physical entity will not exist forever either but the Father does.

I believe many people do but taht ignores what the stateent says. It does not say they are one on the same page but simply that they are one. However oneness implies being on the same page.
How can they be one and the same when Jesus clearly implies that God exists as a separate entity? I have a father, and I'm quite similar to my father in many ways, but I ain't my father-- nor is Jesus, by his own account.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Deen Show? You have to be kidding me lol. James White did a response to this forever ago.

Spoiler for video. This is just Part I.

I believe I have never seen the video or the response. Who knows I might even agree with James White?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I beleive I recently gave you the scripture which indicates that you have not paid attention.
HUH???? What scripture? Is "I and the Father are one" the scripture I paid no attention to"? LOL

I understand what it means that Jesus emptied himself and because obedient. You say he became obedient to himself. Oh Good! He is not a zombie. A healthy person IS obedient to his or her own self. Jesus sacrificed himself to God. That is not a healthy thing for most people to do.

Muffled

Jesus in me
How can they be one and the same when Jesus clearly implies that God exists as a separate entity? I have a father, and I'm quite similar to my father in many ways, but I ain't my father-- nor is Jesus, by his own account.

I believe Jesus did not say that He is the same as the Father, only that He is one with HIm.

I believe the implication is not the same thing as reality. Actually I think it is something we dream up.

I believe this metaphor breaks down because you and your father are two differet physical and spiritual entities but God the Father does not have a body and Jesus and the Father are one Spirit.

I believe that is correct thinking. Although they are one Spirit, Jesus has a body and the Father does not.

Muffled

Jesus in me
HUH???? What scripture? Is "I and the Father are one" the scripture I paid no attention to"? LOL

YES!

I understand what it means that Jesus emptied himself and because obedient. You say he became obedient to himself. Oh Good! He is not a zombie. A healthy person IS obedient to his or her own self. Jesus sacrificed himself to God. That is not a healthy thing for most people to do.

I do not believe this to be the case and have never seen anything in scripture to support that view.

I beleive many have been willing to sacrifice their physical health in order to preserve their spiritual health. I believe it is healthy to nurture that which lasts forever at the cost to that which eventually dies.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Being a non-dualist, I'm fine with Jesus saying he and his father are one.

“If you knew who I am,” he said, "you would also know the Father. Knowing me, you know Him; seeing me, you see Him. Do you not understand that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? It is the Father who dwells in me doing His own work. Understand me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me."

“If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will have preceded you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know your Self, then you will be known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living Father. But if you will not know your Self, you live in poverty"

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do not believe this to be the case and have never seen anything in scripture to support that view.
For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.John 12:49
Deuteronomy 18:18
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.
John 5:19
Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."
John 7:16
Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me."
John 8:26
"I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world."
John 8:28
So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.
John 14:10
Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
John 14:24
Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
John 14:31
but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me. Come now; let us leave.

I beleive many have been willing to sacrifice their physical health in order to preserve their spiritual health. I believe it is healthy to nurture that which lasts forever at the cost to that which eventually dies.
I agree.