• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 Reassons Jesus is not God

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. -John 1:1

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
“The Word” “And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.” –John 1:14

The Word is God, who was with God in the beginning.
That is VERY irritating. Do you know that love does not do that? Is God love like the word says God is love?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can you explain John 1:1 in Greek?
I do not worship men's words like you seem to do. There is One God. Jesus came as God's representative and was born by God's will so he is God's son, the only one. We can be sons of God too, of course, but we become so not by God's will but by obeying God's son, the only one.

Jesus became God's perfect temple in the flesh by his and God's will. Do you not know that we can also be God's temple?

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV / 21 helpful votes
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Servant_of_the_One1

1. God can't be born.

I believe this is false. There is nothing in any text that says God can't be born. It is true that God has always existed as a spirit but a spirit can reside in a body and that is what the everlasting God has done in Jesus.
Do you believe a god needs food, drinks, and needs to pay toilet a visit, and is sometimes sick/ill?

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
I do not worship men's words like you seem to do. There is One God. Jesus came as God's representative and was born by God's will so he is God's son, the only one. We can be son's of God too, of course, but we become so not by God's will but by obeying God's son, the only one.
Until you fully explain John 1:1 then your argument here is based on opinion only.

Jesus became God's perfect temple in the flesh by his and God's will. Do you not know that we can also be God's temple?

1 Corinthians 6:19-20ESV / 21 helpful votes

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
I agree with you on these verses but these verses are not saying the Lord Jesus Christ is not God, not that these verses are irrelevant as a Christian, but the argument is in John 1:1 where it says; He is God, therefore, we should examine that verse first.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Until you fully explain John 1:1 then your argument here is based on opinion only..
That is right. You explain it by quoting it. Is quoting it enough? IN BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS WITH THE GOD AND GOD WAS THE WORD

I agree with you on these verses but these verses are not saying the Lord Jesus Christ is not God, not that these verses are irrelevant as a Christian, but the argument is in John 1:1 where it says; He is God, therefore, we should examine that verse first.
Yes, John 1:1 says nothing about the Lord Jesus Christ.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
That is VERY irritating. Do you know that love does not do that? Is God love like the word says God is love?
It irritates you when it's not going your way. I thought love is telling the truth and the truth is, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” –John 1:1

“And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.” –John 1:14

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It irritates you when it's not going your way. I thought love is telling the truth and the truth is, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” –John 1:1

“And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.” –John 1:14
You are not saying anything but what I read in The Bible. Are you the Bible?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But you are not reading it right.
Are you?
YOU say what tradition has The Bible say. I do not. I consider myself The Bible's friend. I consider you no friend.I have not, will not and never will argue The Nature of God.

JoStories

Until you fully explain John 1:1 then your argument here is based on opinion only.

That might be true that the argument is based on opinion but then, so is yours. You cannot substantiate your statements, such as that God is the beginning, etc, with facts. You have only beliefs. That's perfectly fine for you but for others, there is not enough factual evidence to support such a claim.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Leaning on understanding either way. Jesus is God and leaning on that or Jesus is not God and leaning on that. I think it is safer to assume Jesus is not God, but I do not debate it because debating it is fruitless.

It is the Christian tradition to believe that Jesus is God. The Pharisees were protectors of tradition and now Christendom is the protector of tradition. Need I say more?