• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 Reassons Jesus is not God

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
That might be true that the argument is based on opinion but then, so is yours. You cannot substantiate your statements, such as that God is the beginning, etc, with facts. You have only beliefs. That's perfectly fine for you but for others, there is not enough factual evidence to support such a claim.
We are beyond that argument already about God or if there is God. IOW, we are not debating about the existence of God anymore. Savagewind and I were debating about John 1:1. So, if you read your own statement/opinion here you should be able to understand that you’re making a statement on things you don’t understand.

Here’s why I said, until you fully explain John 1:1 then your argument here is based on opinion only.

I do not worship men's words like you seem to do.
That is an opinion

There is One God.
depends on his interpretation of One God…

Jesus came as God's representative and was born by God's will so he is God's son, the only one.
needs more clarification. Does he believe on the virgin birth?

We can be son's of God too, of course, but we become so not by God's will but by obeying God's son, the only one.
”not by God's will” is an opinion

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
Leaning on understanding either way. Jesus is God and leaning on that or Jesus is not God and leaning on that. I think it is safer to assume Jesus is not God, but I do not debate it because debating it is fruitless.
more opinion

It is the Christian tradition to believe that Jesus is God. The Pharisees were protectors of tradition and now Christendom is the protector of tradition. Need I say more?
You need to explain John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What I mostly see here are "opinions", which is largely what this website is about anyway.
I love you!

He did not hear me say that I do not debate The Nature of God.

It is OK for him to have an opinion about an opinion (John 1:1) but it is not alright for me to have an opinion. It is nothing new. Actually it is quite boring.

Muffled

Jesus in me
4. (7. in the video) Jesus's disciples did not teach His divinity.

I believe this is false because Paul definitely teaches it. The other disciples are not theologians and less likely to teach theology but John somehow managed to get the message and does teach it in his letters.

Muffled

Jesus in me

JFish123

Also since Joshua Evans is a muslim, here are ten reasons muhammad is not a prophet...
And ten more reasons muhammad is not a prophet...

JoStories

What I mostly see here are "opinions", which is largely what this website is about anyway.
Thank you! When I suggested his post was an opinion, I got a post telling me, in a round about way, to mind my own damn business. Nice etiquette there, non?

JoStories

4. (7. in the video) Jesus's disciples did not teach His divinity.

I believe this is false because Paul definitely teaches it. The other disciples are not theologians and less likely to teach theology but John somehow managed to get the message and does teach it in his letters.
Yet, Paul was never a disciple. Nor did he meet Christ. And the first three gospels, according to theologians, which includes me, are more historically based while John is considered a more mythological story as there are clear discrepanies from the first three. And none of the disciples were theologians. These were simple men, laborers mostly, or what we call today blue collar workers.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you! When I suggested his post was an opinion, I got a post telling me, in a round about way, to mind my own damn business. Nice etiquette there, non?
No. John 1:1 is the writer's opinion. Is it not? Did you think I meant my opinion? No sir, I did not. Did Metis liking that you misunderstood make the misunderstanding understanding? I do not think so.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jumping to conclusions makes you all look juvenile. By the way, I am female, but you may refer to me as he. I do not care.

JoStories

No. John 1:1 is the writer's opinion. Is it not? Did you think I meant my opinion? No sir, I did not. Did Metis liking that you misunderstood make the misunderstanding understanding? I do not think so.

Jumping to conclusions makes you all look juvenile. By the way, I am female, but you may refer to me as he. I do not care.

Bolding and underlined is my doing. And I Madame, am I she as well. Who is jumping to conclusions now. And as for John, how do you know that it is the writer's opinion? Is that not your own opinion?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Bolding and underlined is my doing. And I Madame, am I she as well. Who is jumping to conclusions now. And as for John, how do you know that it is the writer's opinion? Is that not your own opinion?
It is. Women are called sir now fyi. (But maybe only on Castle). I am one who does not believe the Bible is God's own words, so everything in it is the writers' opinions.

Last edited: