• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 5 "must watch" movies

Rakhel

The Dark Crystal (a Jim Henson film)
Hebrew Hammer (an Adam Goldberg film)
Three on the Couch (a Jerry Lewis film)
Heartbreak Ridge (a Clint Eastwood film)
Yours, Mine and Ours(a Lucila Ball film)
Nightmare on Elm Street, all of them (Freddy Kruger was, IMO, the ultimate boogeyman)
Father Goose (a Cary Grant film)
North by Northwest(Cary Grant)
The King and I(1956 musical)

Like the rest, it was very hard trying to keep it to 5. this was as close to 5 as I could get.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
That is a wonderful list. These are some of my favorites from my childhood as well. I recently watched The Neverending Story again, and I still got teary-eyed at the part with Atreyu and Artax in the swamp.

Yeah, I hated that part when I was a kid.

...I still want a luckdragon.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know. Cute isn't it? Ma and Pa Kettle are the best. I don't care what kind of mood you were in before you watched one of their movies but you were happy by the time you finished.
Yer show'n yer age.
I like the one where they get audited by the IRS too.
He showed those b******s!

no-body

I hate lists like these because there are so many things I could list as "much watch" and when I read over what I wrote months later I think of things so much better I could have put down.

Way too many movies I could list but as a rule I find if an old movie has Humphrey Bogart in it that it is watchable, especially if he is teamed up with Lauren Bacall. Old Marx brothers movies are great too.

For newer stuff:

Withnail and I is I believe, under appreciated.

El Topo is a movie I am way overly obsessed with. A religious/spiritual western. Thought only look it up if you can stand art house movies (There is a scene where a man screams and dips his face in honey)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I was able to watch only 2 of them. thanks

as long as one of them was The Kung Fu Hustle, you're doing OK.
icon14.gif

Yerda

Veteran Member
Awesome. You're both all right with me. I can't tell you how obsessed I was with that movie for many years. I'm not as obsessed with it anymore (now that I've grown up a bit), but it's still my #1.
So sentimental and far too stylised. Historically inacurate, overacted and Hollywoodish. English are bad, Scots are good, William Wallace was a romantic saint and all that. Nah, man. Take it away.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
So sentimental and far too stylised. Historically inacurate, overacted and Hollywoodish. English are bad, Scots are good, William Wallace was a romantic saint and all that. Nah, man. Take it away.

Historically inaccurate? Yup. Holywoodish? Yup. English are bad, Scots are good? Sort of. It's not different than Robin Hood or many other historical characters that get the hero treatment. I understand it's not your taste, and that's OK.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Historically inaccurate? Yup. Holywoodish? Yup. English are bad, Scots are good? Sort of. It's not different than Robin Hood or many other historical characters that get the hero treatment. I understand it's not your taste, and that's OK.
Don't you think history deserves a wee bit more respect?