• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truck smashes into crowd --Berlin

dust1n

Zindīq
I imagine various radical groups from the ME are going to ramp up any of their international efforts at this point, particularly ISIS. Al Qaeda plays it pretty local now-a-days and working on government building over terrorism tactics in places like Yemen.

Of course the real threat is really just the random people in society who find whatever cause to kill random people.

The sad thing is that it is a pretty damn effective tool for what it's pretty much purposed for.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam

I love how nothing have been confirmed yet about the people and motives behind this and yet people here are already speculating and accusing terrorists/muslim/whatever.

I love how a lot of people died or were more or less severely injured and instead of hoping/giving good wishes and condoleances people here argue about stupid laws and petty politics from within their own very limited scope of perception.

Truly something IS dead in humanity. And the amount of bull**** spit by ******** everywhere isn't the terrorists fault, that's for sure.

Aum Namah Shivaya

JakofHearts

2 Tim 1.7
Vanakkam

I love how nothing have been confirmed yet about the people and motives behind this and yet people here are already speculating and accusing terrorists/muslim/whatever.

I love how a lot of people died or were more or less severely injured and instead of hoping/giving good wishes and condoleances people here argue about stupid laws and petty politics from withing their own very limited scope of perception.

Truly something IS dead in humanity. And the ******** aren't the terrorists fault, that's for sure.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Don't kid yourself, it was Islamic terrorism, and 2016 has seen a lot it to the point that it's ridiculous. How many mass murders have we seen this year? France Nice Truck Attack, Germany Munich Mall Attack, Orlando Gay Club Attack, Germany Suicide Bomber Attack, Florida Children's Club Attack, and so on.
How many times does the Eiffel Tower need to light up in remembrance of victims?

The way I see it, people need to get angry at their European leaders and moderate muslims need to get loud rather than cry and throw up candles. And prepare for more terrorist attacks.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

Oh, yes, leaders need to act against those musli- I mean, terrorists. (Am I doing it right ?)

What am saying is, don't go burn mosque or write your right wing pamphlets unless you're sure of the truth. Am well aware of all that happened, thank you, I almost lost friends there. But y'see, I don't jump into any conclusion before having been properly informed of the truth, because I don't want to feed unecessary hate and because sick people and murderer existed before terrorism.

You wanna know what it gets to jump into conclusion and active action without thinking ? Take France as a glorious exemple of what NOT to do: a few weeks ago, in (almost) total secrecy, the governement put the judiciary power under its wing, without a vote or anything, just like that.
It means that the executive power took advantage of what's happening to get control of the judiciary power. And the legislative power, while remaining fairly autonomous, is already crippled by politics creeping in to remote pilot it.
No separation of powers, executive power holding all authority... Oh, that reminds me of something... Mmmh... Like... You know... Dictatures and autoritative stuff ?

Now imagine if the executive power is ruled by some idiot that systematically put every blame on muslims without thinking and want to punish a whole damn lot of innocent people for the crimes of a few nutheads.
Pretty much like... You know, more than half of the candidates we have for 2017 ?
Is that what y'all wish for ? Is that the solution ? Really ? Is that the solution people are willing to support and see in action ?

Critical thinking and empathy. That's all you need. Hate and opinions have to be dropped, or the world is going to be in deeper **** than we already made it.

We need to think, FFS. Not judge.

Last edited:

JakofHearts

2 Tim 1.7
Vanakkam,

Oh, yes, leaders need to act against those musli- I mean, terrorists. (Am I doing it right ?)

What am saying is, don't go burn mosque or write your right wing pamphlets unless you're sure of the truth. Am well aware of all that happened, thank you, I almost lost friends there. But y'see, I don't jump into any conclusion before having been properly informed of the truth, because I don't want to feed unecessary hate and because sick people and murderer existed before terrorism.

You wanna know what it gets to jump into conclusion and active action without thinking ? Take France as a glorious exemple of what NOT to do: a few weeks ago, in (almost) total secrecy, the governement put the judiciary power under its wing, without a vote or anything, just like that.
It means that the executive power took advantage of what's happening to get control of the judiciary power. And the legislative power, while remaining fairly autonomous, is already crippled by politics creeping in to remote pilot it.
No separation of powers, executive power holding all authority... Oh, that reminds me of something... Mmmh... Like... You know... Dictatures and autoritative stuff ?

Now imagine if the executive power is ruled by some idiot that systematically put every blame on muslims without thinking and want to punish a whole damn lot of innocent people for the crimes of a few nutheads.
Pretty much like... You know, more than half of the candidates we have for 2017 ?

Critical thinking and empathy. That's all you need. Hate and opinions have to be dropped, or the world is going to be in deeper **** than we already made it.

We need to think, FFS. Not judge.
Being worried about upsetting someones (or a group of people's) feelings is the least of Europe's problems. And I'm not really sure what you're moaning about. People are smart enough to know that most muslims are not to blame, but this mess was because of a super lack of accountability from European leaders and moderate muslim leaders. Instead of worrying about themselves, maybe they should fess up and deal with this mess that they put innocent lives into so no more deaths occur!

JakofHearts

2 Tim 1.7
In the news....
Lorry ploughs into Christmas market in Berlin killing 12 and injuring dozens
'RADICALISED IN GERMANY'
Berlin terror trucker is ‘Pakistani migrant, 23, groomed online by ISIS chief while staying at refugee centre just months before he smashed lorry into Christmas market slaughtering 12
Suspect has been named as Navid B, a petty criminal known to German police who denies involvement in the massacre
Aside from liberals (who quite clearly use critical thinking very often) and CNN, is anyone really that surprised?

Deshtat

I live in France. I don't really care about terrorism to be honest. 200 deads a year is nothing compared to roadkills, tobacco and pollution. Geez, Americans love to brag about our saftey being endangered, yet they keep getting shot by toddlers all the time...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Aside from liberals (who quite clearly use critical thinking very often) and CNN, is anyone really that surprised?
I was guessing 80% odds that it was Islamic terrorism, given that this is their new modus operandi.
But as many have said, tis best to wait for solid info.
So I kept me trap shut.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I live in France. I don't really care about terrorism to be honest. 200 deads a year is nothing compared to roadkills, tobacco and pollution. Geez, Americans love to brag about our saftey being endangered, yet they keep getting shot by toddlers all the time...
I too believe we have bigger problems than terrorism, the
numbers of which are far smaller than drunk driving deaths.
But death-by-toddler is an extraordianry rarity....except perhaps
in the minds of cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Deshtat

How original. If I was given an euro each time I heard this I would have enough money to buy history books for the ignorants.

Altfish

Veteran Member
In the news....
Lorry ploughs into Christmas market in Berlin killing 12 and injuring dozens
'RADICALISED IN GERMANY'
Berlin terror trucker is ‘Pakistani migrant, 23, groomed online by ISIS chief while staying at refugee centre just months before he smashed lorry into Christmas market slaughtering 12
Suspect has been named as Navid B, a petty criminal known to German police who denies involvement in the massacre
Rumour has it that they have the wrong man.

German media reports that police have 'the wrong man' following Berlin attack

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Well there is "jumping to conclusions" then there is "reasonable
assumption".

Yeah well a similar thing happened in Glasgow two years ago tomorrow - a truck ran over people, killing some. As soon as the news broke there were people on Facebook blaming Muslims and saying we were having another terrorist attack. They were so sure because of terrorist attacks that had happened in the last few years that these people became self-proclaimed experts on the subject and how it had to have been a terrorist attack. You know what it was? The driver had a heart attack and blacked out behind the wheel. He would've lost his job if he had told the company about the medical condition which caused the coronary so he lied to keep himself in work and continue to put food on the table.

It's jumping to conclusions at this point to blame Muslims. And yes, I know Islamic State claimed responsibility but they took their sweet time doing so. If they were really behind it, though, I don't think they'd have taken so long to claim credit for killing more infidels.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah well a similar thing happened in Glasgow two years ago tomorrow - a truck ran over people, killing some. As soon as the news broke there were people on Facebook blaming Muslims and saying we were having another terrorist attack. You know what it was? The driver had a heart attack and blacked out behind the wheel. He would've lost his job if he had told the company about the medical condition which caused the coronary so he lied to keep himself in work and continue to put food on the table.

It's jumping to conclusions at this point to blame Muslims. And yes, I know Islamic State claimed responsibility but they took their sweet time doing so. If they were really behind it, though, I don't think they'd have taken so long to claim credit for killing more infidels.
I once designed an air brake control system for GM Truck & Bus.
I'd really like to tackle the problem of making trucks safer in case
of driver impairment, but I've long been out of the game.

dust1n

Zindīq

It's very important that everyone remain perpetually terrified in the one in a billion chance that there method of death will specifically be from a murder arriving by Muslim.

Flankerl

You people are so lucky that you can't speak German and can't enjoy the beauty that are German Internet discussions at the moment.

Oh man I really dig this country. Even a Hamster riding a Tortoise could conquer it.

I once designed an air brake control system for GM Truck & Bus.
I'd really like to tackle the problem of making trucks safer in case
of driver impairment, but I've long been out of the game.

As far as I know the newer Trucks here got automatic brakes that will brake if the object in front of you is too close.

It's very important that everyone remain perpetually terrified in the one in a billion chance that there method of death will specifically be from a murder arriving by Muslim.

Every Terror Incident this year in Germany had to do with Refugees.

Every single one