• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truck smashes into crowd --Berlin

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You people are so lucky that you can't speak German and can't enjoy the beauty that are German Internet discussions at the moment.
Given that you do speak German and would better know the more reliable news sources, what does it look like really happened?
Tom

Flankerl

Given that you do speak German and would better know the more reliable news sources, what does it look like really happened?
Tom

The Polish driver was murdered.
The perpetrator then tried to start the lorry for a few hours (I think it was between 16:00 and 19:00 (this can be retraced because of the lorry toll which is controlled electronically) without moving it, probably trying to control the thing.
Then the lorry starts to move.
After 20:00 the lorry crashes into the Christmas Market.
A person nearby sees the perpetrator exit the lorry and begins to run after him.
In the general panic and confusion he seems to lose the perpetrator.

- The End -

After losing the perpetrator an Afghani/Pakistani Refugee gets mistaken with the perpetrator by the one following him
The Police raids the biggest refugee shelter in Berlin, do they find something? Who knows because they don't tell anything.
Apparently its not him, the police won't really say anything apart from that he came here last year and already had something to do with sexual assault, which I personally find hilarious as he's just a random guy pulled into the thing and yet he fits the prejudice about refugees from Afghanistan/Pakistan perfectly.

So that's it.

The armed perpetrator is on the loose and no one knows anything.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As far as I know the newer Trucks here got automatic brakes that will brake if the object in front of you is too close.
That's pretty basic technology.
There's so much more which could be done.
Interesting problems to define, explore, & address.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
So the terrorist is apparently a Tunisian. I held off on commenting on this when normally I would jump right in, I had my doubts on the Pakistan angle because frankly, the Berlin police etc and German government are incompetent and did not trust any of their investigative competence which has been politically compromised and PC.

But I definitely thought this has to be Islamic terrorism and I think Merkel will pay the piper for this.

Most religions, organized or otherwise, have their extremists and, yes, terrorists. I am a Hindu, there are Hindus who mix politics with religion among which - for example in Sri Lanka - commit terrorism. Also in Sri Lanka one can find a tiny, tiny group of terrorists among Buddhists. I cannot recall any Jain terrorists, but who knows. Among Christians in parts of the South, there is a very small extremist sect called the KKK which is anti-Catholic, anti-Jewish, anti-Black that is Protestant and among these a tiny element engage in terrorism. We have Irish Catholics commiting terrorism, I can find other examples though the Irish Catholic example is much more political than religious.

But I really do not think, among all the "other religions" that are non-Islamic, where religion is concerned, can the numbers even compare with the number of Radical Islamic terror attacks and extremist Islamic terrorism. Their numbers are - well, too many. And that is an understatement.

Of course - even one terrorist even from the smallest of sects - can really ruin your day and kill many. I am not sure it will ever stop.

esmith

Veteran Member
Hey Rev,
Think you could invent a "smart" steering wheel that requires fingerprint recognition (of course it would also have to recognize if the finer is attached to the body)

Servant_of_the_One1

This is very awful news.

However no one seems to care about Russian Terrorism and Zionist Terrorism.
I gues their method of killing humans is "humane".
Well hey aslong they dont kill Westerns, who really cares about "dead muzzies" killed by Russian Terrorists and Zionist Terrorists?

While in my view all are dangerous terrorists (daesh, zionists and russian)that must be fought against.

Shad

Veteran Member
This is very awful news.

Well hey aslong they dont kill Westerns, who really cares about "dead muzzies" killed by Russian Terrorists and Zionist Terrorists?

While in my view all are dangerous terrorists (daesh, zionists and russian)that must be fought against.

People do care. I am against Russian intervention in Syria. I have mentioned it before.

You are creating a strawman based on nothing but an emotional reaction over people not paying as much attention to certain events as much as you would like them to.

Flankerl

This is very awful news.

Nice relativising.

If you are so butthurt go and open Threads about these great injustices and stop derailing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hey Rev,
Think you could invent a "smart" steering wheel that requires fingerprint recognition (of course it would also have to recognize if the finer is attached to the body)
Any system can be defeated with enuf time & effort.
But biometrics is one approach.
An iris scan would be cool.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is very awful news.

I don't rail against Russian terrorism so much because I expect terrible things from them.
But Israeli terrorism has earned my vocal scorn because we finance it indirectly.
(And yes, there is much hypocrisy towards it.)
I can only rail so much.....must prioritize.

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Berlin terrorist Anis Amri who ran over "Christians" in a truck in a Christmas Market in Germany is pictured with other "refugees" on the Italian island of Lampedusa in 2011. Amri arrived as part of the "Arab Spring" by boat from his native Tunisia.

nintchdbpict000290613826.jpg

Merkel is now telling the "President" of Tunisia, that Tunisia needs to "take back" Tunisians. The "President" of Tunisia says they do not want to take them back because "they pose a danger to Tunisia".

Meanwhile we have learned that President Obama in fact did have a database registry of "Muslim men of military age" who arrived from "nations which have known terrorist" issues. However, he just erased it but we do not know how this was possible since there were multiple copies. Wikileaks may have one copy.

buddhist

Berlin terrorist ... President Obama in fact did have a database registry of "Muslim men of military age" who arrived from "nations which have known terrorist" issues. However, he just erased it but we do not know how this was possible since there were multiple copies. Wikileaks may have one copy.
32f481f0b149f38114312d4a3268f939.jpg