• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump as King Arthur

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Actually, no.
Right-wing-nut propaganda likes to report that everything was GREAT under the orange man until (Oh No!) that mean old Covid came and ruined everything. :coldsweat:

:rolleyes: Nope.
The Trump administration was ruining the pre-COVID-19 economy too, just more slowly
Trump's Final Numbers - FactCheck.org

Employment, and the economy in general (unless you were really rich) were bad in Bushy Jr‘s recession; got turned back to prosperity under Obama; and then tRump lied his way onto the WH and gradually took money from working Americans, and gave it to the rich, with all of Obama’s improvement in employment rates, number of jobs, working class economy, etc…. all falling to naught by early 2019.
Alomst 1 full year BEFORE COVID-19 hit the world.
Orange boy came in when times were a’gettin’ better, and stood there to take credit for it, :oops: as he kept drilling holes in the boat. :shrug:

Heck, even illegal immigration rose under tRump. Arrests at the border were 14.7% higher by the end of tRump’s term than at the end of Obama’s. The only big drop in illegal immigrations we saw during his term were primarily due to nearly nil mobility internationally due to COVID-19.
Trump’s Misleading Chart on Illegal Immigration - FactCheck.org

Again, nope. As @Tomef clarified above, as well as cited here, Trump's Final Numbers - FactCheck.org. And as I can personally testify having worked in the VA throughout the last decade, tRump was just taking credit for what President Obama had already done years before orange boy arrived. :shrug:

Sorry, but your “sources” continue to play you.
I actually think you're the one who's being played here.

Tomef

According to this military site.....

A real one mind you.
What is it your don’t think is ‘real’ about the other? In what way does this have anything to do with the relative benefits of the different pieces of legislation?

This is rather pathetic. What point do you think you are making here? Government site says they did something good? - great, no-one is disputing that. National site run by military personnel for military personnel reviews the relative benefits of different pieces of legislation. Are you really so partisan that you are unable to just read and understand? Why do you think they are wrong? For what specific reasons are you able to explain why you think the Mission Act achieved more for veterans than Choice and PACT? Why is the review of those initiatives wrong, exactly, and based on what?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Finally, some actual history in this thread.

King Arthur's government was also depicted as having violence inherent in the system and repression of the peasants.

3067d05d-4163-4fe1-a35a-c2d8ab4e62e7_text.gif

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
CameLot - (*Kennedy) - Trump - (*Lincoln) - Roosevelt (??) - Reagan

(R) Lincoln was killed (died)
(D) Kennedy was killed (died)

(R) Trump lives but felt it.
(R) Roosevelt lived.
(R) Reagan lived.

Lincoln, like Kennedy but unlike Roosevelt with eye glass savior, ended with two coins for his own.

It's a little crazy with the name or letters and sounds, status, sight or lack of, business/money or cause/equality.

Lot about the money and maybe cause, too.

(Moab and Amon - a Genesis 19 reference "Lot" was known for his affinity for money - Mammon - to place a religious note in the mix.

Trump was also compared to Roosevelt due to the reelection attempt and due to surviving an assassination, which is oddly enough how and when Roosevelt became president. President William Mickinley was shot, dying a few days later, at which point Roosevelt took office.

(R) Lincoln (assassinated) 1865
(D) Kennedy (assassinated) 1963

(D) Martin Luther King Jr. (assassinated) 1968
(D) Robert Kennedy (assassinated) 1968
(?) Malcom X (assassinated) 1965

I couldn't locate his political affiliation.

Anyway, Camelot reference and King Aurther doesn't fit the profile, or does it?

A round table is a symbol of equality.

If there's truly to ever be such a thing...I wonder?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
CameLot - (*Kennedy) - Trump - (*Lincoln) - Roosevelt (??) - Reagan

(R) Lincoln was killed (died)
(D) Kennedy was killed (died)

(R) Trump lives but felt it.
(R) Roosevelt lived.
(R) Reagan lived.

Lincoln, like Kennedy but unlike Roosevelt with eye glass savior, ended with two coins for his own.

It's a little crazy with the name or letters and sounds, status, sight or lack of, business/money or cause/equality.

Lot about the money and maybe cause, too.

(Moab and Amon - a Genesis 19 reference "Lot" was known for his affinity for money - Mammon - to place a religious note in the mix.

Trump was also compared to Roosevelt due to the reelection attempt and due to surviving an assassination, which is oddly enough how and when Roosevelt became president. President William Mickinley was shot, dying a few days later, at which point Roosevelt took office.

(R) Lincoln (assassinated) 1865
(D) Kennedy (assassinated) 1963

(D) Martin Luther King Jr. (assassinated) 1968
(D) Robert Kennedy (assassinated) 1968
(?) Malcom X (assassinated) 1965

I couldn't locate his political affiliation.

Anyway, Camelot reference and King Aurther doesn't fit the profile, or does it?

A round table is a symbol of equality.

If there's truly to ever be such a thing...I wonder?

I like to ascribe the symbolism of King Arthur as being all Americans at the end of the day with no distinction in spite of differences.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I like to ascribe the symbolism of King Arthur as being all Americans at the end of the day with no distinction in spite of differences.
Screaming Zen Monkey seems a little jagged for a Zen, although monkeys do scream. I'm partial to Eastern Silver Backs (gorillas) with a Zen persona, but they would still seem a little jagged, particularly since they're technically not monkeys at all. I'd like to think we're all more equal than not or at least that we have the power to be, but to be real, I don't believe this is true at all. More pawns than players and more players than movers. The movers seem to be making all the plays anyway.

Placed as a pawn and sometimes a player, but I've yet to reach elite enough status to be counted among the movers.

A knight? Yup, sometimes, or maybe an apprentice, but hey ... That's life and maybe we're more equal than I let on.