• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump backs out of 60 Minutes Interview

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Last night, CBS's "60 Minutes" aired it's presidential interview with Kamala Harris.

And now, the station has just announced that former president Donald Trump has backed out. Here is the statement:

It's been a tradition for more than half a century that the major party candidates for President sit down with "60 Minutes" in October. In 1968, it was Richard Nixon and Hubert Humphrey. This year, Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump accepted our invitation.
But, unfortunately, last week, Trump canceled. The campaign offered shifting explanations.
First, it complained we would fact-check the interview. We fact-check every story. Later, trump said he needed an apology for his interview in 2020.
Trump claims correspondent Lesley Stahl said in that iInterview that Hunter Biden's controversial laptop came from Russia.
She never said that.
Trump has said his opponent doesn't do interviews because she can't handle them. He had previously declined another debate with Harris. So tonight may have been the largest audience for the candidates between now and election day.

Is Donald Trump really terrified now to be interviewed by serious journalists, people who know how to ask questions and get to the "meat?"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump is going to relax he's just going to ride in for the win since Harris totally bombed the 60 Minutes interview by being such a diz with her canned memorized speech, word salads, and total incompetence and actually not answering the question instead she goes on to something else altogether to which she had to be reminded multiple times to please answer the question , which of course she won't cuz she has no idea what she's doing.

The broad is well over her head and the public knows it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Trump knows he can't handle a real interview and his dementia will be clearly in evidence. Or maybe in his diminished capacity he does not consciously know it but he senses it on a non-intellectual level. It's either that or his cowardice is in full evidence. Or both perhaps.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Last night, CBS's "60 Minutes" aired it's presidential interview with Kamala Harris.

And now, the station has just announced that former president Donald Trump has backed out. Here is the statement:

It's been a tradition for more than half a century that the major party candidates for President sit down with "60 Minutes" in October. In 1968, it was Richard Nixon and Hubert Humphrey. This year, Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump accepted our invitation.
But, unfortunately, last week, Trump canceled. The campaign offered shifting explanations.
First, it complained we would fact-check the interview. We fact-check every story. Later, trump said he needed an apology for his interview in 2020.
Trump claims correspondent Lesley Stahl said in that iInterview that Hunter Biden's controversial laptop came from Russia.
She never said that.
Trump has said his opponent doesn't do interviews because she can't handle them. He had previously declined another debate with Harris. So tonight may have been the largest audience for the candidates between now and election day.

Is Donald Trump really terrified now to be interviewed by serious journalists, people who know how to ask questions and get to the "meat?"
Well, incoherent ramblings are never a good look.

We Never Know

No Slack
Trump is going to relax he's just going to ride in for the win since Harris totally bombed the 60 Minutes interview by being such a diz with her canned memorized speech, word salads, and total incompetence and actually not answering the question instead she goes on to something else altogether to which she had to be reminded multiple times to please answer the question , which of course she won't cuz she has no idea what she's doing.

Yeah from what I have seen of it, it wasn't good.

Twilight Hue

Yeah from what I have seen of it, it wasn't good.
Worse. Harris is completely incompetent and well over her head, cannot address the tough questions and it shows.

The good news is that it's going to give Trump and Vance a real good advantage because they are actually capable of running a country unlike the present administration.

Twilight Hue

Trump knows he can't handle a real interview and his dementia will be clearly in evidence. Or maybe in his diminished capacity he does not consciously know it but he senses it on a non-intellectual level. It's either that or his cowardice is in full evidence. Or both perhaps.
Good thing Vance is there because he's intelligent, knows what he is saying, directly answers questions and explains things, incredibly articulate , and can handle the pressure.

I wasn't sure of him myself at first, but now that I've seen multiple interviews with him, I really really think Trump picked a real winner here so much so , that if Vance ever runs for president he's got my vote solid provided his tenure with Trumps administration has results if elected.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Good plan. :thumbsup:
Especially going back to Butler PA. Of which that rally was absolutely incredible and electric and heartfelt over the people whom lost their lives there and Trump nearly his.

Vance is more than capable of handling the remaining interviews if there's any pending.

stvdv

Veteran Member
Trump terrified? Not at all, more the opposite

Narcissists love this kind of power plays, not saying that Trump is a narcissist, but I did notice that he has been lying once or twice, and seems to enjoy to make fun of others, and belittle others ... in short "play (power) games"

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member

Yeah, those interviews were a trainwreck. Harris is an airhead, and there's no way around it. And Walz is just weird and comes off as creepy. Even corporate Dem propagandist Jimmy Kimmel couldn't make Walz look good last night.

I do think Trump should do the interview, though.

Twilight Hue

Yeah, those interviews were a trainwreck. Harris is an airhead, and there's no way around it. And Walz is just weird and comes off as creepy. Even corporate Dem propagandist Jimmy Kimmel couldn't make Walz look good last night.
They all are in panic mode now and they should be. These people are not even remotely qualified to run the country, can't even run things now for which the country is now a complete utter disaster, and the interviews have shown it.

Trump is said to be dominating the swing states now and things look promising for Trump and Vance.

Twilight Hue

Trump terrified? Not at all, more the opposite

Narcissists love this kind of power plays, not saying that Trump is a narcissist, but I did notice that he has been lying once or twice, and seems to enjoy to make fun of others, and belittle others ... in short "play (power) games"
Trump's weakness if you want to call it that is he goes off on tangents and can get emotional at times about things said about him.

That's probably the only thing about him that is negative there's no question of his intellect , his strength, bravery, his willpower , and determination along with his ability to get results that will benefit people along with his passion for this country and its citizenry.

I watched his return to Butler , Pennsylvania and I think that sums up his character and abilities to a fine T as well as all the people around him.

Shaul

Premium Member

She never said that.

This summary contains a big fat lie. Trump did not say that CBS said the laptop came from Russia. What he said was that they dismissed it as being "unverified" and relying on debunked "analysis" that it was "Russian disinformation". That is different. That laptop has since been confirmed to be Hunter Biden's. CBS has been asked to apologize for not admitting that until much later and never apologizing.

Last edited:

gotti

*Banned*
"Post-truth era of western civilization?" What does that mean exactly?

The logical progression from post-modernism which, in turn, is a logical progression from WW2, which is a logical progression from imperialism/colonialism.

We're seriously ****ed now.

I just hope whatever comes next is western-friendly. I'm not optimistic though. I don't this this upcoming election is really going to amount to much - fascism is coming back whether we like it or not. We might even be living in it now.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I wonder, could any of the Trump fan base here explain why Trump and Vance are so offended by the idea of being "fact checked" on the things they say? Trump is the one who is refusing a second debate with Harris, and he's the one who backed down from a real interview with 60 Minutes. Trump is the one who seems frightened of those sorts of coverage of who he is.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I wonder, could any of the Trump fan base here explain why Trump and Vance are so offended by the idea of being "fact checked" on the things they say? Trump is the one who is refusing a second debate with Harris, and he's the one who backed down from a real interview with 60 Minutes. Trump is the one who seems frightened of those sorts of coverage of who he is.
He just got fact checked by Laura Ingraham of FOX, of all people.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Worse. Harris is completely incompetent and well over her head, cannot address the tough questions and it shows.

The good news is that it's going to give Trump and Vance a real good advantage because they are actually capable of running a country unlike the present administration.

I haven't seen the interview, but from this description, how is it any worse than Trump's interviews?

If Trump gets a boost from this it will be due to people expecting him to give lousy interviews.

I suspect though, that it will have little difference. Since both candidates have given interviews their opposition has seen as lousy, I think minds have likely already been made up.

Last edited: