• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump backs out of 60 Minutes Interview

Tomef

Last night, CBS's "60 Minutes" aired it's presidential interview with Kamala Harris.

And now, the station has just announced that former president Donald Trump has backed out. Here is the statement:

It's been a tradition for more than half a century that the major party candidates for President sit down with "60 Minutes" in October. In 1968, it was Richard Nixon and Hubert Humphrey. This year, Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump accepted our invitation.
But, unfortunately, last week, Trump canceled. The campaign offered shifting explanations.
First, it complained we would fact-check the interview. We fact-check every story. Later, trump said he needed an apology for his interview in 2020.
Trump claims correspondent Lesley Stahl said in that iInterview that Hunter Biden's controversial laptop came from Russia.
She never said that.
Trump has said his opponent doesn't do interviews because she can't handle them. He had previously declined another debate with Harris. So tonight may have been the largest audience for the candidates between now and election day.

Is Donald Trump really terrified now to be interviewed by serious journalists, people who know how to ask questions and get to the "meat?"
Fact checking and Trump don't mix well.

Tomef

I wonder, could any of the Trump fan base here explain why Trump and Vance are so offended by the idea of being "fact checked" on the things they say? Trump is the one who is refusing a second debate with Harris, and he's the one who backed down from a real interview with 60 Minutes. Trump is the one who seems frightened of those sorts of coverage of who he is.
I think this explains it quite well: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352250X24000010 . Another aspect I've come across is people essentially saying, although they deny this, that even if it is all bull**** the only alternative is communism. So in that way bull**** gets stacked on more bull****, and if there ever was any room for anything else it gets squeezed out entirely. Things like facts and reality become inconveniences to be dismissed or avoided. In fact, people are so up to their necks in BS that their mental universes are indeed 'alternative', as Kelly Ann put it, an entire world constructed of nonsense built upon more nonsense. Fact checking that is like telling a pig not to roll around in ****.

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
I wonder, could any of the Trump fan base here explain why Trump and Vance are so offended by the idea of being "fact checked" on the things they say? Trump is the one who is refusing a second debate with Harris, and he's the one who backed down from a real interview with 60 Minutes. Trump is the one who seems frightened of those sorts of coverage of who he is.
They would say he's right not to be fact checked cuz fact checkers are biased and out to get Trump. It's all fake news. I told a conservative once fox news was biased and even showed her fact checking websites proving it. She said fact checking websites are ran by liberals so they all bull****. I linked her to government documents literal government documents from a court case showing her that fox news was sued multiple times. She said that the court was rigged against them and that it's all fake news.

wellwisher

Last night, CBS's "60 Minutes" aired it's presidential interview with Kamala Harris.

And now, the station has just announced that former president Donald Trump has backed out. Here is the statement:

It's been a tradition for more than half a century that the major party candidates for President sit down with "60 Minutes" in October. In 1968, it was Richard Nixon and Hubert Humphrey. This year, Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump accepted our invitation.
But, unfortunately, last week, Trump canceled. The campaign offered shifting explanations.
First, it complained we would fact-check the interview. We fact-check every story. Later, trump said he needed an apology for his interview in 2020.
Trump claims correspondent Lesley Stahl said in that iInterview that Hunter Biden's controversial laptop came from Russia.
She never said that.
Trump has said his opponent doesn't do interviews because she can't handle them. He had previously declined another debate with Harris. So tonight may have been the largest audience for the candidates between now and election day.

Is Donald Trump really terrified now to be interviewed by serious journalists, people who know how to ask questions and get to the "meat?"
The last time Trump did 60 minutes, in 2020, fake news CBS and 60 minutes said there was no proof the Hunter Biden Laptop was real and never apologized for their election interference role. Trump did not expect any honesty or integrity again and never agreed to the interview thereby breaking the programming tradition of interviewing the main Presidential candidates. Leslie Stahl, in 2020, went along with the Government Disinformation about COVID and even though the FBI had the laptop for about a year, and knew it was real , she lied for the Biden campaign. It was only because the RNC won the House that the truth came out.

Google, the 60 minutes interview with Trump in 2020. It is a wonder this is still on Google, seeing we can now use 20/20 hindsight to see just how dishonest CBS and the rest of the DNC fake news was in 2020. Trump does not need them. I used a FOX link since it also asked Trump why he did not do the interview. Trump never got his apology for 2020 and would not agreed to being setup again. Harris is hurting in the polls so Trump expected another scam and was not about to take the bait.

'60 Minutes' says Trump axed interview after demanding apology for 2020 sit-down, complained about fact-checks

Harris's interview with 60 minutes was her being asked pointed questions, with her still skating around not answering anything so you know where she stands. Biden is the one being honest for her. She is not qualified to be President. She is better in a support role. The DNC's hate is their only drive. It is not about picking competence. Emotional thinkers can get locked into a black box and not see any light.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal

She never said that.

He doesn't want to be fact checked by a reputable American institution. He most certainly wants to avoid any accountability. We used to call that cowardice here in America.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The last time Trump did 60 minutes, in 2020, fake news CBS and 60 minutes said there was no proof the Hunter Biden Laptop was real and never apologized for their election interference role. Trump did not expect any honesty or integrity again and never agreed to the interview thereby breaking the programming tradition of interviewing the main Presidential candidates. Leslie Stahl, in 2020, went along with the Government Disinformation about COVID and even though the FBI had the laptop for about a year, and knew it was real , she lied for the Biden campaign. It was only because the RNC won the House that the truth came out.

Google, the 60 minutes interview with Trump in 2020. It is a wonder this is still on Google, seeing we can now use 20/20 hindsight to see just how dishonest CBS and the rest of the DNC fake news was in 2020. Trump does not need them. I used a FOX link since it also asked Trump why he did not do the interview. Trump never got his apology for 2020 and would not agreed to being setup again. Harris is hurting in the polls so Trump expected another scam and was not about to take the bait.

'60 Minutes' says Trump axed interview after demanding apology for 2020 sit-down, complained about fact-checks

Harris's interview with 60 minutes was her being asked pointed questions, with her still skating around not answering anything so you know where she stands. Biden is the one being honest for her. She is not qualified to be President. She is better in a support role. The DNC's hate is their only drive. It is not about picking competence. Emotional thinkers can get locked into a black box and not see any light.
Not sure where you're coming from. I've linked to the transcript of the 2020 Trump interview on 60 Minutes, and Hunter is mentioned only once, and the laptop not once. Is the rest of your post as accurate?

An d by the way, have you read that transcript? The man is nuts! Go to end, where Mike Pence fills in to answer a few questions after Trump stormed out -- at least there's a hint of sanity there.

Tomef

Absolutely nothing you have said here has any basis in reality.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Harris is a dunce well over her head. Trump is at least capable as a president.
How about that wall he built using Mexican money?

Perhaps the reason he's avoiding media who
don't fete him is that they'd bring up this.....

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
How about that wall he built using Mexican money?

Perhaps the reason he's avoiding media who
don't fete him is that they'd bring up this.....
Trump Bibles. Made in China! Heck yeah.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Trump is going to relax he's just going to ride in for the win since Harris totally bombed the 60 Minutes interview by being such a diz with her canned memorized speech, word salads, and total incompetence and actually not answering the question instead she goes on to something else altogether to which she had to be reminded multiple times to please answer the question , which of course she won't cuz she has no idea what she's doing.

The broad is well over her head and the public knows it.
“It must be because of M.I.T., my relationship with M.I.T., very smart, I say, what would happen if the boat sank from its weight, and you have this tremendously powerful battery, and the battery is now underwater and there’s a shark that’s approximately 10 yards over there... by the way, a lot of shark attacks lately.... Do I get electrocuted or do I jump over by the shark?”

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

In Springfield, they are eating the dogs. The people that came in, they are eating the cats. They’re eating – they are eating the pets of the people that live there."

The above are the words of a self-identified "very stable genius" who is definitely not a "diz," doesn't engage in word salad and always answers the question he has been asked. He definitely never "goes on to something else altogether" when faced with a question he doesn't like. Right?

Oh, are MAGA still pretending that what I just typed is true, while imagining that Harris isn't able to string a sentence together?
Not sure what planet you guys live on but it starts with a D and ends with an "elusion."

Show us some stuff that Kamala has said that comes anywhere close to this level of absurd, and then we'll talk. Until then, this act where you guys pretend Kamala is some ditzy skank who can't articulate herself while you proudly support a man who constantly says bizarre and delusional things, pulls dangerous lies out of thin air, and parrots Nazi propaganda about immigrants, will be called out at every turn for the obvious nonsense it is.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
“It must be because of M.I.T., my relationship with M.I.T., very smart, I say, what would happen if the boat sank from its weight, and you have this tremendously powerful battery, and the battery is now underwater and there’s a shark that’s approximately 10 yards over there... by the way, a lot of shark attacks lately.... Do I get electrocuted or do I jump over by the shark?”

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

In Springfield, they are eating the dogs. The people that came in, they are eating the cats. They’re eating – they are eating the pets of the people that live there."

The above are the words of a self-identified "very stable genius" who is definitely not a "diz," doesn't engage in word salad and always answers the question he has been asked. He definitely never "goes on to something else altogether" when faced with a question he doesn't like. Right?

Oh, are MAGA still pretending that what I just typed is true, while imagining that Harris isn't able to string a sentence together?
Not sure what planet you guys live on but it starts with a D an "elusion."

Show us some stuff that Kamala has said that comes anywhere close to this level of absurd, and then we'll talk. Until then, this act where you guys pretend Kamala is some ditzy skank who can't articulate herself while you proudly support a man who constantly says bizarre and delusional things, pulls dangerous lies out of thin air, and parrots Nazi propaganda about immigrants, will be called out at every turn for the obvious nonsense it is.
You're too mired down in reality.
That places severe limits on what can be believed.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Trump's weakness if you want to call it that is he goes off on tangents and can get emotional at times about things said about him.

That's probably the only thing about him that is negative there's no question of his intellect , his strength, bravery, his willpower , and determination along with his ability to get results that will benefit people along with his passion for this country and its citizenry.

I watched his return to Butler , Pennsylvania and I think that sums up his character and abilities to a fine T as well as all the people around him.
The "only negative thing about him" is that he goes off on tangents????

Not that he's been found civilly liable for sexual assault?
Not that he's a convicted felon?
Not that he stole from his own charity and was forced to dissolve it?
Not that he screwed over the students who signed up for his fake university that resulted in him paying out a $25 million settlement?
Not that he said the Constitution should be suspended?
Not that he willfully stole Top secret documents and stored them in his bathroom at Mar-A-Lago?
Not that he parrots disgusting Nazi propaganda about immigrants and dines with neo-Nazis at his resort?

WTH goes on inside MAGA brains???

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
A person who says "You weren't supposed to fact check" is a damned liar. That is a person who is telling you, to your face, that they are lying.

And MAGA interprets that as a brave man who's just sticking it to the moderator. :rolleyes:

Clizby Wampuscat

She never said that.

Yeah he is terrified. Whatever, Just another bash Trump thread.