• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump backs out of 60 Minutes Interview

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Ok, I will vote for sane and correct policies and vote for Trump, you vote for Kamala because you hate Trump.

Sane/correct/Trump, all in the same sentence?

I think he's Canadian. But his opinion and support still matters around here.
Yes, I'm Canadian, so sorry, Clizby, I won't be voting at all. However, as a Canadian, I take a very great interest because what happens in a nation to which we are so closely tied but is 10 times our size, we are affected greatly.

And in my opinion, Trump's policies (which are largely embedded in Project 2025 because it's his own fellow travellers who've written it) will spell very great distress, not only for this part of the world, but for much of the rest.

Trump supporters are a strange bunch, really -- they want a "better economy," and when the best economists in the world say "Harris's economic policies will significantly outperform Trump's" they say "what do economists know about the economy? Trump knows it all, because he's a successful businessman with only 6 bankruptcies, less than 50 indictments, less than a billion dollars in fines and judgements against him."

As the Guardian said, only 3 days ago:

As the presidential campaign enters the home stretch, one of Donald Trump’s most dishonest – and effective – attacks is that Kamala Harris is to blame for inflation.
That attack makes no sense. Several things caused a surge in inflation, but the US vice-president wasn’t one of them. Blame inflation on the pandemic or on Vladimir Putin’s war in Ukraine, but don’t blame it on Harris. Blaming her for inflation makes as much sense as blaming her for the leak in your roof. In seeking to blame Harris for inflation, Trump is absurdly trying to turn her – a vice-president who, like other veeps, has very little power – into some all-powerful economic tsar who somehow controls everything from egg prices to gasoline prices.
Any American who is truly concerned about inflation should be much more worried about Trump than about Harris. She is far more serious about fighting inflation and helping households cope with the high cost of living. What’s more, Trump’s plan to impose steep tariffs on all imported goods will significantly push up prices and hit consumers hard, especially less wealthy consumers.
If Trump is elected and implements his tariffs and other plans, inflation will probably – and quickly – rise to an uncomfortable 6% to 9.3% per year (from the current 2.5%), according to a respected thinktank, with prices climbing a very painful 20% to 28% during Trump’s four years in office. That means there’s a good chance that inflation would rise more in a second Trump term than it has under Joe Biden. Not only that, economists say the higher prices caused by Trump’s tariffs will cost the typical American household from $2,600 to $3,900 a year. Ouch.

Clizby Wampuscat

And in my opinion, Trump's policies (which are largely embedded in Project 2025 because it's his own fellow travellers who've written it) will spell very great distress, not only for this part of the world, but for much of the rest.
So how are:
  • Increasing production of US energy
  • Rein in wasteful spending
  • Enforcing immigration laws
  • No tax on tips or OT
  • Rebalance trade
  • Bring back more manufacturing to the US
  • Strengthen Medicare
  • Protect Social Security
  • Protect schools
  • Combat antisemitism
  • Protect free speech
  • Increase military spending and modernize
embedded in project 2025? These are in Agenda 47.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
So how are:
  • No tax on tips or OT
  • Rebalance trade
  • Strengthen Medicare
  • Protect schools
  • Combat antisemitism
  • Protect free speech
That's a wish-list. Policies tell you how those wishes will be accomplished. For example:

How will increasing production of US energy (which is already at it's highest level ever) impact the increasingly damaging climate change?
To rein in wasteful spending means you won't be spending on some things: what are those, exactly? Healthcare? Social Security? Education? Or will it just be pencils and paperclips in government offices?
Oh, but then there's "strengthen medicare and protect social security," but will that be done without money?
And remember, "increase military spending," all while reining in "wasteful spending?" How are these to be reconciled.

You should be able to figure this stuff out yourself -- you really should. There's nothing wrong with your mind. A real platform explains the links and gaps that I've been suggesting. You've just accepted his wish-list as if he can accomplish it all with a magic wand purchased at Ollivander's!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don’t know why you bother posting such untrue things when you know the majority of the forum are grounded in reputable information. Is it just to prop up the few other MAGAs that also post garbage? None of you get away with this nonsense. Does it feel good to say such obviously biased nonsense that no one takes you seriously?

Trump is sinking like the Titanic and you MAGAs are climbing on board.
Hardly untrue. The woman is a basket case and clearly dosent have the ability to run the country whatsoever in any real capacity.
That 60 minute interview, the View, and that sex and body show was literally
the end of her run for president.

Seeing her first hand conducting those interviews it's about as grounded and reputable as information can get.

The thing is the left wing knows full well they are hopelessly stuck with her, and they are now all in massive panic mode.

Good luck.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nope. Simply put, Trump's first administration was far superior to the present one, which the Biden Harris regime most certainly is an unmitigated colossal disaster.
Looking at some negatives during Trump's administration....
- No wall.
- Massive unemployment.
- Stock market crash.
- Covid.
- Roe v Wade reversed.
- Trade deficit increased.
- Poor border security.
- Federal debt increased.
- Poverty increased.
- Millions lost health insurance.
- Murder rate hit historic high.
- Illegal immigration increased.

Sounds like a disaster to me despite some positives...
- Handgun production up.
- Coal production down.
- Covid vaccines developed.
- Corporate profits increased.
- Home prices increased.....which for buyers is bad.
- Federal tax revenue increased....which is bad for taxpayers.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
Hardly untrue.
False.
The woman is a basket case and clearly dosent have the ability to run the country whatsoever in any real capacity.
You are describing Trump. Harris has a long professional career as a prosecutor and senator and vice president. She’s shown her capabilities.

Your disturbed candidate demonstrates mental problems very time he makes a public appearance.
That 60 minute interview, the View, and that sex and body show was literally
the end of her run for president.
A claim without evidence. So very Trump-like. So we throw it out. Offer evidence next time. You sound more desperate as Harris hoes up in the polls.
Seeing her first hand conducting those interviews it's about as grounded and reputable as information can get.

Your bias isn’t information.
The thing is the left wing knows full well they are hopelessly stuck with her, and they are now all in massive panic mode.
There is massive enthusiasm for her. Perhaps your disinformation media is lying to you so your feelings can be soothed.

Good luck.
What will you do if Trump loses? Join your criminal comrades for another attack on America?

Clizby Wampuscat

That's a wish-list. Policies tell you how those wishes will be accomplished. For example:

How will increasing production of US energy (which is already at it's highest level ever) impact the increasingly damaging climate change?
To rein in wasteful spending means you won't be spending on some things: what are those, exactly? Healthcare? Social Security? Education? Or will it just be pencils and paperclips in government offices?
Oh, but then there's "strengthen medicare and protect social security," but will that be done without money?
And remember, "increase military spending," all while reining in "wasteful spending?" How are these to be reconciled.

You should be able to figure this stuff out yourself -- you really should. There's nothing wrong with your mind. A real platform explains the links and gaps that I've been suggesting. You've just accepted his wish-list as if he can accomplish it all with a magic wand purchased at Ollivander's!
You failed to answer my question and then went on to insult me. How are these related to Project 2025?

Twilight Hue

False.

You are describing Trump. Harris has a long professional career as a prosecutor and senator and vice president. She’s shown her capabilities.

Your disturbed candidate demonstrates mental problems very time he makes a public appearance.

A claim without evidence. So very Trump-like. So we throw it out. Offer evidence next time. You sound more desperate as Harris hoes up in the polls.

Your bias isn’t information.

There is massive enthusiasm for her. Perhaps your disinformation media is lying to you so your feelings can be soothed.

What will you do if Trump loses? Join your criminal comrades for another attack on America?
Complete denial and it shows.

But that's okay becuse the left wing is stuck with Harris and the right wing is not.

anotherneil

Complete denial and it shows.

But that's okay becuse the left wing is stuck with Harris and the right wing is not.
Well, they pulled off a pretty neat trick of replacing Biden with Harris & if they could do it once they can do it again. I've heard the idea of this happening with Gavin Newsom being entertained, by some RW talk show hosts (I think).

Twilight Hue

Well, they pulled off a pretty neat trick of replacing Biden with Harris & if they could do it once they can do it again. I've heard the idea of this happening with Gavin Newsom being entertained, by some RW talk show hosts (I think).
The thing is, Harris never went through a nomination process. They just gave her the nomination outright so it's pretty safe to say they're stuck with her it was their choice and now they're going to have to live with it.

It might be premature to say this before the election concludes, but I'm so happy the Democrat are the ones to have her on their side and not the Republicans!

Trump right now is doing just awesome, and in top form and that Butler rally was just incredible the best I've ever seen.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You failed to answer my question and then went on to insult me. How are these related to Project 2025?
I didn't insult you, but I confess you tempt me further and further.

If the same people are behind two "agendas," and they don't look much like one another, then you have to ask yourself a few questions. Questions like:

Why don't they look the same?​
Which one do they want me to look at?​
Which one do they really intend to implement?​
Which one do they think will "sell" better? (And is that a reason to point to the other one?)​
Which one explains how it will do what it claims it will do -- so that we know it's not just a list of things that look like they might sell well?​

You are the buyer in this game. Are you being sold a bill of goods, or the real thing? Nobody but you can decide that for yourself, but you will be saddled with whatever choice you make. And that is what the expression caveat emptor means -- let the buyer beware. If you don't pay real attention, there is a very good chance that you will be scammed, and either get something inferior to what you wanted -- or something you didn't want altogether. But you'll have to pay, anyway.

It happens more than you know.

anotherneil

The thing is, Harris never went through a nomination process. They just gave her the nomination outright so it's pretty safe to say they're stuck with her it was their choice and now they're going to have to live with it.

It might be premature to say this before the election concludes, but I'm so happy the Democrat are the ones to have her on their side and not the Republicans!

Trump right now is doing just awesome, and in top form and that Butler rally was just incredible the best I've ever seen.
You mean because it's too late to replace Harris with someone else because deadlines have gone by?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
In fact, if you think my purpose is to insult you, you don't understand me at all. As I said, there's nothing wrong with your mind. Well, except what is wrong with every human mind -- our need to hold fast to beliefs we've invested in. Sometimes, to our own detriment.

I think you are being fooled. Yes, that's an opinion -- mine -- I think millions and millions of Americans are being fooled by a known grifter, liar, charlatan. But I'm trying to get you to look at all the facts before you, and ask the appropriate questions, so that you are not sold a pig in a poke. It's hard. It's a weakness of our human nature that we can be so easily led towards our own worst ends just because we are so reluctant to question the beliefs we've bought into.

Pogo

So how are:
  • No tax on tips or OT
  • Rebalance trade
  • Strengthen Medicare
  • Protect schools
  • Combat antisemitism
  • Protect free speech
Not bad for a first list of platitudinous ideas that won't get too many people angry even if by themselves they are no more useful than a concept of a plan.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Not bad for a first list of platitudinous ideas that won't get too many people angry even if by themselves they are no more useful than a concept of a plan.
When are MAGAs going to figure out that a wish is not a plan, and hope is not a strategy? Because until they figure that out, they're vulnerable to being fooled by any glib huckster who happens to be in the neighbourhood!