• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump backs out of 60 Minutes Interview

Tomef

This summary contains a big fat lie. Trump did not say that CBS said the laptop came from Russia. What he said was that they dismissed it as being "unverified" and relying on debunked "analysis" that it was "Russian disinformation". That is different. That laptop has since been confirmed to be Hunter Biden's. CBS has been asked to apologize for not admitting that until much later and never apologizing.

Some people just don’t want to fact check because it doesn’t suit their position.

Thanks for the update.

This is what he said:

"Last time I did an interview with them, if you remember, they challenged on the computer. They said the laptop from Hell was from Russia. And I said it wasn't from Russia, it was from Hunter. And I never got an apology. So, I'm sort of waiting," Trump said. "I'd love to do ‘60 Minutes.’ I do everything. I mean, I do you right now, right? And you're tougher than ‘60 Minutes’ frankly. The laptop from Hell was from Hunter. It wasn't from me … Lesley Stahl, we got into a little bit of an argument on the camera, talking about that and other things. And you know, they really owed me an apology."

What is it you think CBS should apologise for? What do you mean by 'admitting'? What reason can you provide that at the time of the interview you think CBS had confirmed information that they chose not to disclose?

It was 2 years before the laptop fiasco was confirmed.

At the time, Trump insisted that then-candidate Joe Biden was "in the midst of a scandal," referring to reports about the email's contents showing his involvement in his son's overseas business dealings.

"He's not," Stahl replied.

"Of course he is, Lesley," Trump sternly doubled down.

"No, c'mon," Stahl continued to reject the president's claim, before lecturing him, "This is '60 Minutes' and we can't put on things that we can't verify."

Generally, Trump fans often claim the 'mainstream media' regularly publishes unverified information, however in several years of asking MAGAs to produce some evidence of this I haven't had any kind of convincing response. Perhaps you can to better? What I've found to be the case is that Trumpers will simply believe anything he says, without the slightest attempt to check the accuracy of any comments or assertions.

Is it difficult to understand the distinction between something that has not been verified, and something that has? CBS commissioned an independent forensic review to determine its authenticity. Do you feel there is some sort of problem with that? The original NY Post reporting clearly states the ownership of the laptop was unconfirmed, which didn't prevent them from cobbling together a series of assertions as if it had been.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is what he said:

"Last time I did an interview with them, if you remember, they challenged on the computer. They said the laptop from Hell was from Russia. And I said it wasn't from Russia, it was from Hunter. And I never got an apology. So, I'm sort of waiting," Trump said. "I'd love to do ‘60 Minutes.’ I do everything. I mean, I do you right now, right? And you're tougher than ‘60 Minutes’ frankly. The laptop from Hell was from Hunter. It wasn't from me … Lesley Stahl, we got into a little bit of an argument on the camera, talking about that and other things. And you know, they really owed me an apology."

What is it you think CBS should apologise for? What do you mean by 'admitting'? What reason can you provide that at the time of the interview you think CBS had confirmed information that they chose not to disclose?

It was 2 years before the laptop fiasco was confirmed.

At the time, Trump insisted that then-candidate Joe Biden was "in the midst of a scandal," referring to reports about the email's contents showing his involvement in his son's overseas business dealings.

"He's not," Stahl replied.

"Of course he is, Lesley," Trump sternly doubled down.

"No, c'mon," Stahl continued to reject the president's claim, before lecturing him, "This is '60 Minutes' and we can't put on things that we can't verify."

Generally, Trump fans often claim the 'mainstream media' regularly publishes unverified information, however in several years of asking MAGAs to produce some evidence of this I haven't had any kind of convincing response. Perhaps you can to better? What I've found to be the case is that Trumpers will simply believe anything he says, without the slightest attempt to check the accuracy of any comments or assertions.

Is it difficult to understand the distinction between something that has not been verified, and something that has? CBS commissioned an independent forensic review to determine its authenticity. Do you feel there is some sort of problem with that? The original NY Post reporting clearly states the ownership of the laptop was unconfirmed, which didn't prevent them from cobbling together a series of assertions as if it had been.
One point that the Trump crowd conveniently forgets. If anything Hunter's laptop exonerated Joe Biden. It did not show any involvement by Joe Biden in Hunter's issues.