• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

trump is single handily destroying the Republican Party

Is Trump hurting the Republican Party?

• yes

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

james dixon

Premium Member
~~~~~~~~Trump’s Republican Party~~~~~~~~

Let this be a warning in spades, Trump is dragging your party through the pig farm slug pit. Please hold your nose, don’t breathe or open your eyes cause you be in the disgusted land of ooze.

If you don’t save your party from this blogger-butt you will not only lose what integrity you have but every seat in Congress.

Then again, maybe that is a good thing after all.

typo---- it's the Republicon party.,. sorry, my mistake

Trump has told more lies in his first year in office than all the previous Presidents put together

Thief

Rogue Theologian
well...I always did feel the two party system was about to fail

let it go.....

(do I hear music?)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That party used to be about philosophy and had some ideas that I agreed with. Even without "45", I consider today's party a willing servant of plutocrats and kleptocrats especially on the national level. The current situation has convinced me totally that the party only cares about power with a few notable exceptions who have the courage and moral fiber to say "enough is enough". The rest don't care, at least where it counts, publicly, what he does or says. They're cowering under their beds at being tossed from office either from the "God Emperor Trump" brigade or increasingly likely, from the Democratic party.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

let it go.....

(do I hear music?)
Both parties are always about to fail.
And when they periodically do fail, they learn & adapt.
The pendulum swings back & forth.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Trump is harming the party immensely, but it will recover. They always do. The problem is largely that the motives of neither party are pure. When the Democrats take over they will over step what is wanted and drive it back the other way. The pendulum also appears to be somewhat international. Britain took a turn to the right at about the same time as the U.S. did.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Let this be a warning in spades, Trump is dragging your party through the pig farm slug pit. Please hold your nose, don’t breathe or open your eyes cause you be in the disgusted land of ooze.

If you don’t save your party from this blogger-butt you will not only lose what integrity you have but every seat in Congress.

Trump has told more lies in his first year in office than all the previous Presidents put together

I suppose it could be that way. One might have thought that the Republican Party was on the ropes during the Great Depression, which was blamed on Republican mismanagement of the economy. The Democrats had a virtual lockhold on power for a solid two decades until the Republicans made a comeback. A large part of the reason for this was due to internal dissension within the Democratic Party. But the Republicans also reinvented themselves somewhat, moderating their views on economics and foreign policy to be more in line with what had been established under Democratic administrations.

The Republicans hit the skids again with Nixon, but the Democrats weren't very popular either. Reagan's cult of personality managed to bring the Republicans back again, and it's been kind of a see-saw ever since. After Bush, it was the Democrat Clinton, then the Republican Bush Jr., then the Democrat Obama, and now a Republican (Trump) again.

I don't think Trump (or anyone) can single-handedly destroy the Republican Party. They survived Harding, Joe McCarthy, Goldwater, Nixon, and others. Trump is still pretty much a party outsider, so once he's no longer in the picture, they'll be able to do whatever they can to recover.

Besides, the Democrats can't really seem to get themselves organized enough or unified enough to take advantage of whatever misfortunes the Republican Party may be facing. In contrast, the Republicans manage to capitalize on any misfortune or internal dissension the Democratic Party may be facing.

Maybe it's because I grew up during the Watergate era, but I've always gotten the impression that Republicans were generally shrewder at politics than the Democrats. Better at "dirty tricks" and the Machiavellian side of politics, so they'll always manage to make a comeback, even if they do seem on the brink of ruination. There's always another election just around the corner.

And even if the Republican Party did cease to exist, its former voters would still be around, and they'd probably form another party (or join an existing third party). Probably the Know-Nothing Party.

Maybe the Whig Party will come back.

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter

let it go.....

(do I hear music?)

Nah, the 2p + system will be here as long as the USA is the USA. And that might not be forever seeing as how CA is wanting to break away (and hopefully sink in the ocean)! Man all this time I thought it would be my beloved hillbillies and other ultra conservative types that would try for another states rights war. But everyone has it way too good these days for to do a messy real revolution, free food free housing free healthcare, free cash although not much cash.. ..... Ahhhh'....sorry I digress....

I voted for Trump because the Klingon Clinton aka the Wildebeest was the only other candidate that had a chance of 'winning' that joke called an election. Gawd, after what seemed like a century of God awful Obama I wanted someone in office that would never be mistaken for Obama the poster child of self hate.

Anyway, all that said I would rather took my .45 to a divine wind party with me as the guest of honor than have to hear that lying varmints verbal vomit for a term. Besides Trump is a business man and we need a business man to make America a better bully again. Go Trump! Hey I am gonna get me one of those Trump teddy bears .....

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Without a question Trump hurting the Republican Party, but he isn't doing it single handily. He's had enormous help from all his toady Republican cohorts in Congress.

repub%2Bgoing%2Bout%2Bof%2Bbiz%2Bsale.jpg

suncowiam

Let's be fair. It's not just Trump but other republicans.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

Trump is certainly damaging the Party, but hardly single handedly. Not with people like Cruz and McConnell and the Maverick and Crazy Eyes and Sherrif Joe and Judge Creeper and...

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
My perspective is hindered by distance... but from where I stand, it looks like the Republican Party has been self-destructing since Nixon at the very least.

Trump is flamboyant in some senses, but the Republicans are the party that had over a dozen other pre-candidates and still chose Trump. Many of those were (and are) just as bad as Trump, albeit in very constrasting ways.

Quite simply, it is not ideologically sound, and hasn't been in my living memory. Its goals are consistently of questionable sanity or just plain greedy and inconsequential.

Trump is not destroying the Republican Party, except to the extent that the Party wants to use it to further its own destruction. Which is quite some extent.

Jumi

Political parties tend to be quite entrenched. It seems even more so in the US where there are really only two parties. They've marginalized all the better(or sometimes worse) alternatives. Getting a third party in would do wonderful things for democracy, but I don't expect it to happen.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Political parties tend to be quite entrenched. It seems even more so in the US where there are really only two parties. They've marginalized all the better(or sometimes worse) alternatives. Getting a third party in would do wonderful things for democracy, but I don't expect it to happen.
Well, technically there are already four parties, and I haven't seen anything great happen to our democracy yet.:rolleyes:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

The republican party has been splitting since before Trump (See Tea Party). In fact it is that discord that elected Trump. Trump is accelerating it and with a major loss in 2018 and then in 2020 the Republican party will split. The Democrats are not splitting and are very uniform in party support, their problem is they can not relate to the people in the Republican party or the independents. They are just as corrupt as the Republicans and campaign against the republican policies instead of promoting a unifying policy or decoupling from corporate america. This limits them to there own party support so they can only win when people are against the Republicans.