• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump kicked off Colorado ballot

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why are you running around calling folks creationists .. then going on and on about how creationists are this and that .. as if this constitutes an argument for something ?

And we start off with a reading comprehension fail. I never called anyone a creationist. No wonder that you cannot argue properly here. If yo do not understand a post ask questions.
I am not a creationist friend .. and so these flat Earth Arguments of yours don't hold water .. and have zero to do with the topic constituting but mere deflection .. unable to deal with the hard cold reality that Kangaroodom is afoot .. "Illegitimacy of Authority" if you want a more technical term .. not that understanding is in the cards .. but just sayin :)
I never said that you were. That was your poor reading comprehension. And once again, if you do not understand a post ask questions. If you asked proper questions you might have figured out how you are wrong by now.

Colt

The Colorado Supreme Court has ruled that Trump disqualified for ballot in Colorado. It will likely go on to the US Supreme Court next.

415887750_10232510071802567_3355216375410083018_n.jpg

Sargonski

And we start off with a reading comprehension fail. I never called anyone a creationist. No wonder that you cannot argue properly here. If yo do not understand a post ask questions.

I never said that you were. That was your poor reading comprehension. And once again, if you do not understand a post ask questions. If you asked proper questions you might have figured out how you are wrong by now.

My reading comprehension was fine .. Responding to my post on topic of Trump being kicked off the Colorado ballot - lost for a response - you ranted on about creationists and talked about how dumb these people are .. as if this was an argument for something other than inability to put forth an argument.. how did you put it . "Comprehension Fail"

What does this rant against Creationists have to do with Barr's claim that the Colorado ruling was "Legaly wrong" on account of lack of due process - no time - no Jury - no bar for Insurrection.

Do you understand what the Bar for Insurrection is ? and why it should not be arbitrarily chosen willy nilly on the basis of some Judges preference du jour ? -- and why this a procedural issue.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My reading comprehension was fine .. Responding to my post on topic of Trump being kicked off the Colorado ballot - lost for a response - you ranted on about creationists and talked about how dumb these people are .. as if this was an argument for something other than inability to put forth an argument.. how did you put it . "Comprehension Fail"

What does this rant against Creationists have to do with Barr's claim that the Colorado ruling was "Legaly wrong" on account of lack of due process - no time - no Jury - no bar for Insurrection.

Do you understand what the Bar for Insurrection is ? and why it should not be arbitrarily chosen willy nilly on the basis of some Judges preference du jour ? -- and why this a procedural issue.
Oh please, you still have no clue. You falsely claimed that I called you a creationist when I pointed out that you were reasoning like a creationist. Then I gave you a list of the sorts of errors that creationists make that you were making too. That went totally over your head.

Once again, when you do not understand a post ask questions.

Colt

Do you believe that anyone can run for
President, even if they tried to stage a
coup to steal the election?
I don’t believe Trump tried to do either of those things, rather I think 4 years of trying to steel the 2016 election based on a fake Russian collusion charge angered a lot of Trump voters!

We need to deal with what the Constitution says, not what you think it should say.

It seems to me that when people say this ruling is unconstitutional what they really mean is they don't like it. But the reality is that this is perfectly constitutional whether you like it or not.
I don't care if this is constitutional or not. We're not doing this.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You mean if they do the wrong thing? I'm going to get in my car, drive somewhere and start causing a commotion, just like thousands of other citizens will do.
No, the right thing. They are supposed to follow the Constitution. Who are you going to yell at? Do you think that they will be so busy laughing that you will be able to change the ballots?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I don’t believe Trump tried to do either of those things, rather I think 4 years of trying to steel the 2016 election based on a fake Russian collusion charge angered a lot of Trump voters!

Perhaps you could actually answer the question this time around?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don’t believe Trump tried to do either of those things...
There's the problem...tribal blindness.
....rather I think 4 years of trying to steel the 2016 election based on a fake Russian collusion charge angered a lot of Trump voters!
The stupidity, dishonesty, & prejudice of Democrats
doesn't justify letting traitor Trump run for re-election.

Perhaps you could actually answer the question this time around?
All Trump wanted to do was have a parade around the Capital, with some signs. He didn't mean for people to storm the building. Sooooo.... No "coup". It was the Qanan weirdos who went cukoo for coco puffs.

Screenshot_20240102_061301_Chrome.jpg

No, the right thing. They are supposed to follow the Constitution. Who are you going to yell at? Do you think that they will be so busy laughing that you will be able to change the ballots?
The constitution does not make it clear that Trump *MUST* be excluded from a ballot. And it's going to be seen as a scandal if he is.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The constitution does not make.it clear that Trump *MUST* be excluded from a ballot.
The 14th Amendment makes it clear that he can't serve as president. The Constitution is silent about which point along the chain from primary to swearing-in that he should be told "no," but my impression is that there's precendent in case law for ineligible candidates being rejected either when trying to register for a party primary or the general election.

However, I'm not aware of any cases that involve an ineligibility that can be "undone." Trump is ineligible now, but presumably, it would technically be possible for Congress to exercise its power under the 14th Amendment and waive Trump's ineligibility. I suppose keeping Trump off the ballot presupposes that Congress won't do this.

And it's going to be a seen as a scandal if he is.
Would it be seen as less of a scandal if people voted for him but their votes ended up not counting?