• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump kicked off Colorado ballot

The 14th Amendment makes it clear that he can't serve as president. The Constitution is silent about which point along the chain from primary to swearing-in that he should be told "no," but my impression is that there's precendent in case law for ineligible candidates being rejected either when trying to register for a party primary or the general election.

However, I'm not aware of any cases that involve an ineligibility that can be "undone." Trump is ineligible now, but presumably, it would technically be possible for Congress to exercise its power under the 14th Amendment and waive Trump's ineligibility. I suppose keeping Trump off the ballot presupposes that Congress won't do this.

Would it be seen as less of a scandal if people voted for him but their votes ended up not counting?
If Trump is guilty of insurrection, then why is he still walking free 3 years after the incident? Shouldn't he have been arrested immediately, and thrown in jail?

I know why. Because it's not as crystal clear that he's guilty as the left wishes it were. In fact, there's no evidence that suggests he is more culpable than the Qanan influencers on social media, who actually organized the whole thing on their own.

Give it up, people! End your witch hunts, it's far beyond ridiculous now.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If Trump is guilty of insurrection, then why is he still walking free 3 years after the incident? Shouldn't he have been arrested immediately, and thrown in jail?
I would have preferred that. The DOJ takes as long as it wants to.

I know why. Because it's not as crystal clear that he's guilty as the left wishes it were.

No, it really is just because the DOJ takes as long as it wants to.

In fact, there's no evidence that suggests he is more culpable than the Qanan influencers on social media, who actually organized the whole thing in their own.

Give it up, people! End your witch hunts!
I'm sure it's all true. ;)

Tell you what, if it can be proven that Donald Trump was "Q" the whole time? I'll join you.

But realistically, Donald Trump has had ZERO contact with any of the Jan, 6 "insurrectionists". He does not know them. He has never spoken to any of them, not even in secret.

You guys are just wishing on a star.

Last edited:
It does. Read the 14th Amendment. I can help you with the hard parts.
Yes, being guilty of insurrection is the basis of it.

But clicking our heels together won't ever make that come true.

oz.gif

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Tell you what, if it can be proven that Donald Trump was "Q" the whole time? I'll join you.

But realistically, Donald Trump has had ZERO contact with any of the Jan, 6 "insurrectionists". He does not know them. He has never spoken to any of them, not even in secret.

You missed his speech on January 6.
Yes, being guilty of insurrection is the basis of it.

But clicking our heels together won't ever make that come true.

No. That is not a requirement of the 14th Amendment. That is shown by legal precedent too.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
On what grounds then. Just tell me.
In his speech he urged people to fight several times, including a "fight like hell" phrase and others like it. One time he mentioned peacefully demonstrating, but that was easily ignored by his followers when he kept repeating his lies about the election. Do you need specific quotes? I can give them to you.

One thing that none of the seven judges disagreed with in Colorado where he was found to have violated the rules of 14th Amendment is that he was guilty of insurrection. The ones that voted "No" had other reasons for not taking him off of the ballot.

In his speech he urged people to fight several times, including a "fight like hell" phrase and others like it. One time he mentioned peacefully demonstrating, but that was easily ignored by his followers when he kept repeating his lies about the election. Do you need specific quotes? I can give them to you.

One thing that none of the seven judges disagreed with in Colorado where he was found to have violated the rules of 14th Amendment is that he was guilty of insurrection. The ones that voted "No" had other reasons for not taking him off of the ballot.
"Fight like hell" can mean a lot of things. That's far too vague of a call, if we're sincere about things.

I've used that phrase in reference to staying awake at night, or winning a basketball game.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
"Fight like hell" can mean a lot of things. That's far too vague of a call, if we're sincere about things.

I've used that phrase in reference to staying awake at night, or winning a basketball game.
Oh the many politicians that use that line.

But of course to these people it doesn't matter , only Trump says that stuff.

What would you call a conspiracy to illegally
take over a country by wresting the
presidency from the duly elected leader?
"Republican hijinks"?
"Constitutional transfer"?
"Trump was chosen by God"?
Still, the illegal stuff was done by Qanan conspiracy theorists. Trump, himself, remained within the parameters of the law.

We can try and drag him down into it. Which is what we're seeing.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

If it was just once you might have a point . But in context he was clearly urging on his minions to attack the capitol even if he did not come right out and say it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Still, the illegal stuff was done by Qanan conspiracy theorists. Trump, himself, remained within the parameters of the law.

We can try and drag him down into it. Which is what we're seeing.
No, he didn't. That is what the Georgia case is about. He stole classified documents and refused to return them. He was behind getting the fake electors to Congress. It appears that you are extremely ignorant of the depth of trump's guilt. That is why he is facing three cases now on just how he broke the law at the end of his term.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Do you think that "QAnon weirdos" lined up the fake electors so that Trump could seize power?