• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump makes conflicting comments, both of them ominous and disturbing

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I watched the video by Rachel Maddow/MSNBC contained in this link, and found it thought provoking. Trump says, "get out to vote just this time. You won't have to do it anymore ... In four years, you don't have to vote again. We'll have it so fixed that you won't have to vote." The implications of that comment are obvious and disturbing. He intends to end voting in America, although I can't visualize how that could happen. Sham elections, yes, but no voting?

Next, she changes tracks. Beginning at 1:43, she discusses what he said the days before that comment, namely, that his supporters don't need to vote for him this time - the contradiction. At 2:22, she shows several clips of Trump saying that he doesn't need votes - his earlier message. Why would he say that even once?

For the rest of the video, she discusses this apparent contradiction and what it might mean. She suggests that Trump expects to take the White House however the votes fall, which suggests that the comment quoted above was some kind of pivot or damage control following saying that he doesn't need votes. And she suggests that this will be due to Republican controlled state legislatures refusing to certify outcomes that they don't like in their states.

Is there another way of understanding Trump's comments?

And even if she is correct about what Trump is thinking, does he have good reason to think such things? Has he been told something by his handlers? If so, could those words be just words to assuage him, or does he have inside information? Would they even tell Trump such a thing were the case? Are these just the confused thoughts of a man in cognitive decline losing touch with reality, or is there more to it?

I don't think we can answer that now.

And can anything be done if there are states getting ready to gridlock the election process? If they did, how would that put Trump in the White House? Things might get pretty interesting if a few states refuse to certify their results. They would be states with a Republican state government that Harris carried, which would lower her electoral vote count. Trump might have more as a result, but it wouldn't be the 270 electoral votes needed to win.

Anyway, it gave me a lot to think about, and I thought that some here at RF would be intrigued by this video and issue as well.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I watched the video by Rachel Maddow/MSNBC contained in this link, and found it thought provoking. Trump says, "get out to vote just this time. You won't have to do it anymore ... In four years, you don't have to vote again. We'll have it so fixed that you won't have to vote." The implications of that comment are obvious and disturbing. He intends to end voting in America, although I can't visualize how that could happen. Sham elections, yes, but no voting?

Next, she changes tracks. Beginning at 1:43, she discusses what he said the days before that comment, namely, that his supporters don't need to vote for him this time - the contradiction. At 2:22, she shows several clips of Trump saying that he doesn't need votes - his earlier message. Why would he say that even once?

For the rest of the video, she discusses this apparent contradiction and what it might mean. She suggests that Trump expects to take the White House however the votes fall, which suggests that the comment quoted above was some kind of pivot or damage control following saying that he doesn't need votes. And she suggests that this will be due to Republican controlled state legislatures refusing to certify outcomes that they don't like in their states.

And even if she is correct about what Trump is thinking, does he have good reason to think such things? Has he been told something by his handlers? If so, could those words be just words to assuage him, or does he have inside information? Would they even tell Trump such a thing were the case? Are these just the confused thoughts of a man in cognitive decline losing touch with reality, or is there more to it?

And can anything be done if there are states getting ready to gridlock the election process? If they did, how would that put Trump in the White House? Things might get pretty interesting if a few states refuse to certify their results. They would be states with a Republican state government that Harris carried, which would lower her electoral vote count. Trump might have more as a result, but it wouldn't be the 270 electoral votes needed to win.

Anyway, it gave me a lot to think about, and I thought that some here at RF would be intrigued by this video and issue as well.

Thoughts?
I saw this video too. The only way I can explain it is a combination of Trumps moral corruption, his dangerous narcissism, and his cognitive decline.

Daemon Sophic

Thoughts?
Very disturbing, and right along with the MO of The Insurrectionist. Especially given the dangerously unhinged SCOTUS.

Tomef

Thoughts?
He’s fully aware that he doesn’t need to make sense. For at least a certain segment of his base, it’s all about a feeling. He knows they’ll find ways to make any gibberish he utters make sense to them.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
A lot has been said about what Trump said and some think it’s revealing a plan while others say it means nothing. It’s hard to assume Trump is some brilliant mastermind and blundered saying this detail of the plan. My guess is that it reveals what Trump wants and that is yo become president until he dies. Im sure he envies Putin’s situation and aims to mimic his sham election process.

In any event it is a stupid thing for Trump to say. He surely has a bad habit of going off on dumb stream of consciousness screeds, with no discipline to manage what he ssys. He knows his followers don’t care about his mistakes, but he is ignoring the independent voters.

Daemon Sophic

I saw this video too. The only way I can explain it is a combination of Trumps moral corruption, his dangerous narcissism, and his cognitive decline.
Yes. The best possible ”reasoning” for saying that they won’t need to vote 4 years from now would be that he’s (as usual) only talking about himself. “In 4 years we’ll have everything working so fantastic.” Period. Full stop. ”You won’t have to vote (for me) ever again.”
But to assume this is his message would be naive, given his violent (lethal) autocrat history.

The second statement, advising prospective voters, “You don’t need to vote. I’ve got enough.” :oops:
I see no sane way of explaining this that doesn’t include intentional and pre-planned dismantling of the US election system, and/or planned violent overthrow of the US government.
This should be THE front page news item on every news agency across the planet, until
1. He willfully and publicly admits that he is NOT sane, and drops out.
2. He comes up with a ¿sane? explanation that I currently cannot foresee, yet should clearly demonstrates his being unfit to lean the USA. :shrug:

Since seeing this, I’ve only found articles with Republican handlers poo-pooing this as, “Classic Trumpism!”; and “It was OBVIOUSLY a joke!” sorts of responses, which, again, indicate that The Insurrectionist is NOT fit for office.

Alien826

No religious beliefs

This is from memory, I tried and failed to google it.

I think the idea is to throw the election to Congress (The House I think). It's what happens if the election itself fails to come up with a result. The House's Republican majority appoints him, and any appeal to (eventually) the SCOTUS gets decided in his favor. Lots of "ifs", but theoretically possible.

Anyone with better knowledge of the process please correct me.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Thoughts?
I heard it…

I find this explanation as exactly as what I understood. But, yes, if you approach it with a different perspective, you could have come to your conclusion.

Daemon Sophic

I heard it…

I find this explanation as exactly as what I understood. But, yes, if you approach it with a different perspective, you could have come to your conclusion.

:oops: That interview with a Fox “News” host did not help his cause very much.
She had to feed him the most reasonable line that she could, for him to simply parrot back, not once or twice, but three times. And even then, he still didn’t deny it outright, he just tried to explain that “Christians don’t vote“, which unto itself is another ludicrous assertion. :rolleyes:

Forget cognitive decline vs dementia. The boy is just insane. Plain & simple. :shrug:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the idea is to throw the election to Congress (The House I think). It's what happens if the election itself fails to come up with a result. The House's Republican majority appoints him, and any appeal to (eventually) the SCOTUS gets decided in his favor. Lots of "ifs", but theoretically possible. Anyone with better knowledge of the process please correct me.
Maybe. I don't know the law in this area, but if you're correct, that's Trump's path to the White House. Of course, if that can happen it will happen, which means the country is already lost now. It means the outcome of the next election is already decided even if we don't know that yet. It would account for Trump's comment that he doesn't need any votes.
Lord has other plans imo
I think Trump and the Republicans' plans are the ones we need to be paying attention to.
I find this explanation as exactly as what I understood.
You're predisposed to see Trump in a positive light and to steelman his comments. And you do that because he supports the Christian church.

You should seriously consider that he is the wannabe despot that he continually tells us he is and if elected will damage America much, much more than he did last time. Would that matter to you if it were true? Maybe not.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Thoughts?
The election is months away. Then this crap can stop.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Maybe. I don't know the law in this area, but if you're correct, that's Trump's path to the White House. Of course, if that can happen it will happen, which means the country is already lost now. It means the outcome of the next election is already decided even if we don't know that yet. It would account for Trump's comment that he doesn't need any votes.

I think Trump and the Republicans' plans are the ones we need to be paying attention to.

You're predisposed to see Trump in a positive light and to steelman his comments. And you do that because he supports the Christian church.

You should seriously consider that he is the wannabe despot that he continually tells us he is and if elected will damage America much, much more than he did last time. Would that matter to you if it were true? Maybe not.
All countries need work

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

^^ This is where I think the plans lie. At the election certification level. Get enough GOP activists in there to claim fraud and you can grind the whole thing to a chaotic halt. Look what happened in Arizona in 2020, and apply that across multiple states with MAGA-controlled election boards, secretaries of state, and any other position that can throw a monkey wrench into the works. I think Trump's counting on that because he's being told he can count on that.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Thoughts?
Trump is delusional. With "I don't need your vote" he means "the polls (those that I listen to) still have me in the lead, and I don't need more votes". He is telling himself that he has already won - as if polls won't change until November and the election will follow the polls.
With "you won't have to vote any more" he means "we will stack the courts, put loyalists into all positions and change legislation, so that even if the dems win in 2028, they won't be able to rewind the changes or govern in any effective way".