• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies"

Shaul

Premium Member
If Trump defecated into his hand and proceeded to rub it all over his face you would claim that he's just trolling and playing 4D chess. It's a sad, desperate attempt to defend the indefensible. Maimonides would be deeply ashamed.
Maimonides wouldn't wish anyone to soil their face, unlike you.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Maimonides would not use the offensive allusion to "drink the kool aid". Kindly read this,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...fensive-we-should-stop-saying-it-immediately/

Your article is behind a paywall, but I agree that what actually happened at Jonestown isn't really captured in the phrase "drinking the Kool-Aid."

At Jonestown, there were lots of cases of people drinking poisoned Flavor-Aid - or giving it to their children - not because they were true believers but because they were doing it at gunpoint and knew they'd be dead either way.

The expression "drinking the kool-aid" has become a shorthand to describe deluded people who are working against their own interests. This certainly describes Trump's core supporters, but it doesn't reflect Jonestown.

I agree that we need a new expression. "Lemmings" is the other shorthand expression that would fit, but it's based on a false understanding as well.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Your article is behind a paywall, but I agree that what actually happened at Jonestown isn't really captured in the phrase "drinking the Kool-Aid."

At Jonestown, there were lots of cases of people drinking poisoned Flavor-Aid - or giving it to their children - not because they were true believers but because they were doing it at gunpoint and knew they'd be dead either way.

The expression "drinking the kool-aid" has become a shorthand to describe deluded people who are working against their own interests. This certainly describes Trump's core supporters, but it doesn't reflect Jonestown.

I agree that we need a new expression. "Lemmings" is the other shorthand expression that would fit, but it's based on a false understanding as well.

How about "consenting 'human centipede' segments"?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Yeah, it does tend to get unmentioned a lot that that day was already filled with violence, death and threats of further violence. I imagine many of them where in shock and not really able to think clearly or well at the time.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Most NATO Countries in 2017 did not pay their fair share of their NATO obligation; 2% of GNP, except four; Poland, Greece, Great Britain, USA. By 2021; end of Trump, there were ten countries who reached the 2% mark
I'm against military spending, but I'd make an exception and support Germany changing military spending to 2% - when US military spending has reached 2%.