• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies"

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Thoughts?

My main thought is that "encouraging" a nuclear, hegemonic global power to attack other countries is remarkably irresponsible, unhinged, and potentially a road to a third world war, but it is par for the course for Trump to sink to new lows every time it appears that his moral bankruptcy couldn't reach new depths.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm against military spending, but I'd make an exception and support Germany changing military spending to 2% - when US military spending has reached 2%.
They need to stop it with this MIC budget thing...actually.
If they have billions to spend, they should spend them on universal healthcare.

Shaul

Premium Member
A Trump supporter wants to mention something is offensive and we shouldn't say it?
You've done gone and broke my irony meter so severely I don't know if I'll have it fixed by the end of the year.
A Trump supporter? Who's that?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
My main thought is that "encouraging" a nuclear, hegemonic global power to attack other countries is remarkably irresponsible, unhinged, and potentially a road to a third world war, but it is par for the course for Trump to sink to new lows every time it appears that his moral bankruptcy couldn't reach new depths.
Yet it's still not enough to get his base to dislodge their tongues from his boot treads.

Shaul

Premium Member
Nor would he likely join the fanbase of a misogynistic white nationalist.
The phrase "drinking the kool aid" insults the memories of innocent victims who were murdered. The babies at Jonestown didn't agree to "drink the kool aid". They were force to do so. As were some of the adults there. Maimonides would indeed not join in the ridiculing of innocent murder victims. Read here to lessen your ignorance,
Drinking the Kool-Aid: A Collection of Articles – Alternative Considerations of Jonestown & Peoples Temple

Shaul

Premium Member
If he is trolling, then isn't this another example of maybe he shouldn't be President? Especially since that makes him Commander in chief of the largest military force in the world?
No, it doesn't. He is trolling his haters and those that don't want those countries in NATO to pay what they agreed to.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What valid criticism? You mean asking NATO partners to pay what they agreed to?
When the NATO was founded...there was nothing written about being led by an elitist cabal of warmongers, driven by infinite greed.
So... the radical shift freed all its co-founders from any obligation. :)

Shaul

Premium Member
No, that he would encourage Russia to attack our NATO allies. Read the thread title. :handpointup:
LOL Read the article. The article says he was speaking about NATO members that do not pay their bills. It's even in the title of the article! You know, the article you yourself linked. :p

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The phrase "drinking the kool aid" insults the memories of innocent victims who were murdered. The babies at Jonestown didn't agree to "drink the kool aid". They were force to do so. As were some of the adults there. Maimonides would indeed not join in the ridiculing of innocent murder victims. Read here to lessen your ignorance,
Drinking the Kool-Aid: A Collection of Articles – Alternative Considerations of Jonestown & Peoples Temple
I guess you're more "woke" than I am. :shrug: