• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Umm, a Discussion About Hell

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
HEHE moonwater. Everybody has a head, a master. Everybody except god.;)

Yeah, what if I consider myself to be my own master? where do I go then?

and wait if everyone except god has a master then doesn't that mean satan has a master too? How does that work?

Heneni

Miss Independent
Yeah, what if I consider myself to be my own master? where do I go then?

and wait if everyone except god has a master then doesn't that mean satan has a master too? How does that work?

Ahhh, but moonwater, what if you THINK you are your own master when in fact you are not?

But lets say you are. Like a jedi knight, i guess you go where darf vader is. HEHE.

Satan has a master. GOD. He is on a leash, what does that tell you?

Love
Heneni

Ghostaka

Oh Hell is not a nice place judging from the descriptions God has given us in His books.

I will quote from the Quran ... cause that is all the proof I (or any one for that matter) need(s):

No! When the earth is pounded to powder, and your Lord comes with His angels, rank upon rank, and Hell, that Day, is brought [face to face] – on that Day will man remember? But how will that remembrance profit him?
{The Holy Quran 89: 21-23}

No, they deny the Hour (of the judgment to come), but We have prepared a blazing fire for such as deny the Hour. When it sees them from a far off place, they will hear its fury and its raging sigh. And when they are cast, bound, in chains, into constricted place therein, they will plead therein for destruction. Do not plead today for a single destruction; plead for destruction oft-repeated. {The Holy Quran 25: 11-14}

They will be given to drink boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces). {The Holy Quran 47:15}

Before him is Hell, and he will be given a drink of purulent water. He will gulp it but will hardly (be able to) swallow it. And death will come to him from everywhere, but he is not to die. And before him is a massive punishment. {The Holy Quran 14:16-17}

Then indeed you, O those astray (who are) deniers, will be eating from trees of Zaqqum and filling with it your bellies, and drinking on top of it from scalding water, and will drink as the drinking of thirsty camels. That is their hospitality on the Day of Recompense. {The Holy Quran 56: 51-56}

P.S. Indeed, the tree of Zaqqum is food for the sinful, like murky oil, it boils within bellies, like the boiling of scalding water. {The Holy Quran 44:43-46}

Not a pit? I disagree:

Abu Hurairah (RA) reported: “While we were in the company of Allah’s Messenger (SAW), we heard a terrible sound. Thereupon, Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) said, ‘Do you know what that sound is?’ When we answered, ‘Allah and His Messenger know best.’ He said. “That is a stone which was thrown into Hell seventy years ago and has been constantly falling until now when it finally reached the bottom.’” [Muslim]

There is way too much to post, each reference to Hell more shocking than the previous. If you're still not convinced >>: islamreligion.com/articles/357/

I feel so numb right now!

Peace be upon you.

Francis

UBER-Christian
Are you suggesting that being in hell is dependent on continually choosing? If this is the case that it is a choice, then they could at anytime choose differently (if they can’t choose differently then it is not a choice and they are not continually choosing). So you are suggesting that people in hell could choose to get out of there at any time. Interesting.
No, you can't choose to get out, because you've already made up your mind. It's pretty much written in stone. I'm really not sure, but i think that you're caught between a rock and a hard place. You reject God, but hate hell. Ha ha, that's probably part of the torment, come to think of it... Peace!

blackout

Violet.
No, you can't choose to get out, because you've already made up your mind. It's pretty much written in stone. I'm really not sure, but i think that you're caught between a rock and a hard place. You reject God, but hate hell. Ha ha, that's probably part of the torment, come to think of it... Peace!

Ha ha. Torment and torture are really funny.

Especially the never ending kind. :sarcastic

blackout

Violet.
Ahhh, but moonwater, what if you THINK you are your own master when in fact you are not?

But lets say you are. Like a jedi knight, i guess you go where darf vader is. HEHE.

Love
Heneni

Ahhhh, but hen, what if you are not your own master...
only because you THINK your not?

whatever.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member

So does this mean your not going to answer my question? Or is this your way of saying that either god is my master or satan is my master?

I do not follow the path of a jedi. And it's DarTH, not darf:p

Love
Heneni

That Satan can't possibly be a master after all? Seriously how can satan be a master if he himself has a master. That may work in a master-apprentice sort of relationship but how about in a master to slave one?(which is the one I assume you are referring to)

Andal

resident hypnotist
on an interesting side note, in the Revelation of Peter, an apocalyptic text left out of the Bible. Peter relates that Jesus showed him Heaven and Hell and told him that there is a secret and that is that Hell is not forever. If just one person in Heaven asks God to free the people in Hell, he will do so and all will enter the kingdom. This would eventually indeed happen.....according to the text anyway.

You can see why it was left out. :(

Alceste

Vagabond
Whoever your master is, looks after you. And you owe him. IF God is your provider and master, you return to god, if satan was your provider you return to him. The lake of fire are for those who owe satan. Heaven is for those who owe god their life. Seems pretty fair to me. The point is that the lake of fire wont be a great place, because satan is a ruthless master. Therefore it will not be very nice to go there. Nor is it smart to owe him.

Heneni

Your beliefs don't sound fair to me. There are still people living in the world who have never even heard of your god or your devil. And of course there are people like me who were born incapable of believing in implausible stories without evidence, so from my perspective everybody's gods are the same. There are way more gods and goddesses than the two you mention to choose from if I ever decide I want to be a servant. Does your god create people who don't believe in him, people who believe in other gods, and people who have never even heard of him just to cast them into a lake of fire? Why would anyone serve a sadistic god like that?

Francis

UBER-Christian
Ha ha. Torment and torture are really funny. Especially the never ending kind.
): Not exactly what i meant... :p
Then what you said about them “continually choosing” is not true. You cannot say they are continually choosing if they do not have a choice.
No, they can choose, but they really won't, because they've already made their choice. They've made up their minds, and are refusiong to go back on it.
That much at least is clear. Are you sure there even is a hell?
:( Ouch... Yes, I'm sure there is a Hell, but i'm really not familiar with the details. Not my light readin in my free time. Peace!

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
)No, they can choose, but they really won't, because they've already made their choice. They've made up their minds, and are refusiong to go back on it. :( Ouch... Yes, I'm sure there is a Hell, but i'm really not familiar with the details. Not my light readin in my free time. Peace!
I am not sure what tense you are using, past, present or future. You say they made their choice (past), are refusing to go back on it (present) and they won’t choose (future). I am sorry, I don’t want to be mean but you are just not making sense. You say they can choose (meaning it is possible) but you also say that they won’t . If it is possible how can you say with such certainty that it won’t happen? And if you know for sure that it won’t happen how can you say that it can happen?

I found the initial idea of continually choosing to be very interesting in a metaphorical sense. I think many people end up in hells of their own making, hells that they could free themselves from simply* by deciding to do so.

edit
* as Alceste points out below this is actually not simple or easy. It is usually extremely difficult.

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
fantôme profane;1580736 said:
I found the initial idea of continually choosing to be very interesting in a metaphorical sense. I think many people end up in hells of their own making, hells that they could free themselves from simply by deciding to do so.

I'd agree with that, except snip out the "simply". I just decided I'm not going to get fat, and trust me, it's anything but simple. I've been going to the gym every other day for two months and haven't lost even one single pound. But I digress! I wanted to mention, in Barbara Kingsolver's book "The Bean Trees", there's a great concept of heaven and hell. I can't remember the details, exactly, but heaven is a banquet laid out before a crowd. Everyone has a spoon as long as her arm, and they use these to feed each other. Hell is the same place, but everybody tries to feed herself.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I'd agree with that, except snip out the "simply". I just decided I'm not going to get fat, and trust me, it's anything but simple. I've been going to the gym every other day for two months and haven't lost even one single pound.
Agreed.
But I digress! I wanted to mention, in Barbara Kingsolver's book "The Bean Trees", there's a great concept of heaven and hell. I can't remember the details, exactly, but heaven is a banquet laid out before a crowd. Everyone has a spoon as long as her arm, and they use these to feed each other. Hell is the same place, but everybody tries to feed herself.
I think that is a brilliant image. Thank you for sharing that.

Ghostaka

Your beliefs don't sound fair to me. There are still people living in the world who have never even heard of your god or your devil. And of course there are people like me who were born incapable of believing in implausible stories without evidence, so from my perspective everybody's gods are the same. There are way more gods and goddesses than the two you mention to choose from if I ever decide I want to be a servant. Does your god create people who don't believe in him, people who believe in other gods, and people who have never even heard of him just to cast them into a lake of fire? Why would anyone serve a sadistic god like that?

Ah my friend lookie here:

"Indeed, those who disbelieve – it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them – they will not believe. Allāh has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment." {The Holy Quran 2: 6-7}

And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not.

And when they meet those who believe, they say, "We believe"; but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say, "Indeed, we are with you; we were only mockers.”

[But] Allāh mocks them and prolongs them in their transgression [while] they wander blindly.

Those are the ones who have purchased error [in exchange] for guidance, so their transaction has brought no profit, nor were they guided. {The Holy Quran 2: 13-16}

Deaf, dumb and blind – so they will not return [to the right path]. {The Holy Quran 2:18)

Indeed, Allāh is not timid to present an example – that of a mosquito or what is smaller than it. And those who have believed know that it is the truth from their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, they say, "What did Allāh intend by this as an example?" He misleads many thereby and guides many thereby. And He misleads not except the defiantly disobedient,

Who break the covenant of Allāh after contracting it and sever that which Allāh has ordered to be joined and cause corruption on earth. It is those who are the losers. {The Holy Quran 2: 26-27}

New perspective: You should asking yourself why people like you have been mentioned in the verses above. Not by me, but by God - *a long time ago*

Sincerely, Peace be upon you.

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Ah my friend lookie here:

"Indeed, those who disbelieve – it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them – they will not believe. Allāh has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment." {The Holy Quran 2: 6-7}

And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?" Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not.

New perspective: You should asking yourself why people like you have been mentioned in the verses above. Not by me, but by God - *a long time ago*

Sincerely, Peace be upon you.

Hmmmm - You think Allah makes people into non-believers in order to punish them, and if any of us point out this is a pretty stupid thing to believe, the scriptural response is "I know you are, but what am I?"

LOL - I see your religion has covered all the bases then. Well done!

New perspective: You should be asking yourself why so many people think your religion is stupid. Or, put another way, why does Allah make so many unbelievers? He puts "a seal over the heart, eyes, and ears" of BILLIONS of infidels, and reserves "great punishment" for all of us? Is he really so bloodthirsty? And if he is, why serve such an evil god?

Ghostaka

Hmmmm - You think Allah makes people into non-believers in order to punish them, and if any of us point out this is a pretty stupid thing to believe, the scriptural response is "I know you are, but what am I?"

LOL - I see your religion has covered all the bases then. Well done!

New perspective: You should be asking yourself why so many people think your religion is stupid. Or, put another way, why does Allah make so many unbelievers? He puts "a seal over the heart, eyes, and ears" of BILLIONS of infidels, and reserves "great punishment" for all of us? Is he really so bloodthirsty? And if he is, why serve such an evil god?

Simply because my friend, you do not realize that I am Muslim; conversing with you and you still chose not to believe. Are you saying that everything that I am saying is a lie? Why are you asking me these questions? Will you consider becoming a Muslim even if you did like something I said about Islam? I will tell you your answer... No.

Did this happen to be in you blind spot? Indeed, Allāh is not timid to present an example – that of a mosquito or what is smaller than it. And those who have believed know that it is the truth from their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, they say, "What did Allāh intend by this as an example?" He misleads many thereby and guides many thereby. And He misleads not except the defiantly disobedient, {The Holy Quran 2:27}

Do you see what I mean? Believe whatever you want my friend because it is not my problem; it is truly yours.

The Holy Quran, Surah 109:

1. Say, "O disbelievers,

2. I do not worship what you worship.

3. Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.

4. Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.

5. Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.

6. For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."

Peace be upon you .... and peace out (for now).

Last edited: