• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vampires

I'm just curious. Do you believe in them; why or why not?

Personally, I do believe in Vampires. It's hard to not believe in them when you meet a "Vampire" online and if you ask a question they give you a very long explanation of an answer. I have a friend who told me that they're a Vampire and they're really smart. They don't seem like the type of immature person who would lie about something like that. Although, there are alot of Posers pretending to be Vampires because of Twilight etc. The thing about Garlic, Sunlight, Sleeping in Coffins is all not true. It's just the way movies have made it.

So,anyone else believe in them?

(I hope this is in the right section/sub-section)

Thanks for the youtube links! Hehehe the Vampire Goth kids made me laugh!
The Marilyn Manson vid's cool, I love that song since like last week,lol.
Marilyn Manson has such an awesome voice.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I loved that South Park episode where the Vampire kids were mistaken for Goth.

No, I don't believe in vampires.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I think it's a definite possibility. And not just because I love Twilight. Haha..I've always thought this. Especially when I was little and my mom would take me with her when she visited her friend in Murray, Kentucky. The local people knew there were some people there who drank blood...dunno if they claimed to be vampires, per se.

I think they could exist.

I think people who just drink blood because they want to also exist. Not the same thing in my eyes. :D

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Without a definition of what a vampire is it's hard to say. Sure, there are people who drink blood as a social group activity, ritual, psychological urge, or whatever-but not out of necessity. And certainly no magical immortality, strength, lycanthropic tendencies, destruction by sunlight, etc.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
There are vampires, but the vampire forums are not filled with them.
Many others can manipulate energy (prana) and become deluded into believing they are vampires
Still others are Predatory Spiritualists and practice vampirism, but they are not vampires either
Some worship the Vampyre Archetype and play vampire
There are vampiric beings as described in the Qabalah (Qliphoth)
And of course there are the many that are delusional
But True vampirism is a condition of the Soul
The human soul has been destroyed and in its place the vampiric one, disconnected from the Divine source of our Universe.
When this vampiric soul incarnates the amount of energy (prana / Chi / Qi / Ka) needed is great and depletes quickly, from being disconnected from the Divine source there is no other way to replenish this loss of prana and therefore the vampire feeds.

Dezzie

I have actually seen documentaries on actual vampires. They are nothing like the books describe them as. They are just people that drink blood really. I love the fantasy vampire though. They are very cool! I would love to here what your friend has to say about being a vampire. It may be neat to talk to them.

rojse

RF Addict
Doesn't drinking blood come with some health problems? What if the person's blood being drank has aids or the like?

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
And certainly no magical immortality, strength, lycanthropic tendencies, destruction by sunlight, etc.
Agreed. The existence of vampires as commonly depicted is mathematically impossible:

Legend has it that vampires feed on human blood and once bitten a person turns into a vampire and starts feasting on the blood of others.

[Professor] Efthimiou's debunking logic: On Jan 1, 1600, the human population was 536,870,911. If the first vampire came into existence that day and bit one person a month, there would have been two vampires by Feb. 1, 1600. A month later there would have been four, and so on. In just two-and-a-half years the original human population would all have become vampires with nobody left to feed on.

If mortality rates were taken into consideration, the population would disappear much faster. Even an unrealistically high reproduction rate couldn't counteract this effect.

"In the long run, humans cannot survive under these conditions, even if our population were doubling each month," Efthimiou said. "And doubling is clearly way beyond the human capacity of reproduction."

Vampires a Mathematical Impossibility, Scientist Says | LiveScience