• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vampires

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
From my studies of vampires, I came to the conclusion (before the Twilight book was even published), that vampires are a type of human archetype, similiar to a warrior, scholar, saint, and so on.
Some characteristics are a preference of darker environments (which can give a more pale appearance), and a physical weakness and fatigue unless properly sustained. They also have an unusually high amount of endurance.

From my studies of vampires, I came to the conclusion (before the Twilight book was even published), that vampires are a type of human archetype, similiar to a warrior, scholar, saint, and so on.
Some characteristics are a preference of darker environments (which can give a more pale appearance), and a physical weakness and fatigue unless properly sustained. They also have an unusually high amount of endurance.
Thanks^^

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
The only thing immortal is the soul, not the physical.
It is not the blood that is needed but rather the life force / prana / Qi / Chi etc.
They really don't have supernatural powers and more over they are more likely to be living 'in' the constraints of society.
Knowing that your God / Divine connected soul must be severed and destroyed, then a vampiric soul created in its place . . . would you still be interested in becoming one?

Thank you very much for that. I was just trying to explain this to someone the other day and couldn't at all. I read it somewhere else and completely forgot the explanation.

Having a little experience with chi cultivation/manipulation, I believe in the type of vampire you describe whole heartedly. Which kind of scares me...

Real ones have nothing to do with blood. I believe the bloody type are called sanguines???

Renji

I'm just curious. Do you believe in them; why or why not?

Personally, I do believe in Vampires. It's hard to not believe in them when you meet a "Vampire" online and if you ask a question they give you a very long explanation of an answer. I have a friend who told me that they're a Vampire and they're really smart. They don't seem like the type of immature person who would lie about something like that. Although, there are alot of Posers pretending to be Vampires because of Twilight etc. The thing about Garlic, Sunlight, Sleeping in Coffins is all not true. It's just the way movies have made it.

So,anyone else believe in them?

(I hope this is in the right section/sub-section)

Phsychic vampires may exist but maybe not those blood sucking creatures. And oh, I love the movie twilight. I love the love team of Bella and Edward Collin. They're so connected to each other.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Both sanguine and psychic vampires are for the most part the same. Both receive life energy from a host. This life force / prana is rich in the blood since the blood vessels align with the meridians, though a deeper feed is possible by going directly to the source, the root essence of a person.

zenzero

Its only a Label
friend Midnightsun,

Personally have no beliefs and only try and reflect whats true.
Have no idea about vampires existence or non-existence as have not met any, yet.

Love & rgds

adimus

I have heard that Vampirism is a form of demonic possession and Satanism/occultism. If anything, that would be the closest thing to a "real" vampire. And I am sure that such things would have also found their original inspiration to a large extent from folklore and pop culture.

Zephyr

Moved on
I believe that it is foolish to believe in vampires, and all these "vampires" you find online are just a bunch of losers trying to feel special.

adimus

I believe that it is foolish to believe in vampires, and all these "vampires" you find online are just a bunch of losers trying to feel special.

They probably do feel special too. You can't be down on someone for wanting to feel special. Even if they are losers.

Zephyr

Moved on
They probably do feel special too. You can't be down on someone for wanting to feel special. Even if they are losers.
You're right. I can't really be down on somebody for wanting to be special, but I sure can call them out on their attempts.

adimus

You're right. I can't really be down on somebody for wanting to be special, but I sure can call them out on their attempts.

Gothic-9.jpg
hisssss!

Trey of Diamonds

So,anyone else believe in them?

How do you define "Vampire"? There has been some interesting studies on Lycanthropy that have led me to believe a certain definition of werewolves is legitimate so why not vampires? You have given a couple examples of what vampires are not, how about a detailed description of what a vampire is to you. Only then can we decide if we believe or not.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I have heard that Vampirism is a form of demonic possession and Satanism/occultism. If anything, that would be the closest thing to a "real" vampire. And I am sure that such things would have also found their original inspiration to a large extent from folklore and pop culture.
And where did you hear that? In Bible school? LOL

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
What you are describing is this: Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Originating as a child who's infantile sexual urges become raised to unacceptable levels, their ego defenses would regularly come into play and prevent the unconscious mind from becoming aware of these dangerous impulses.
When the child cannot experience adequate mirroring (the seeking of self objects that confirm and admire the child thus nourishing their famished self) its infantile grandiosity cannot be transformed into a mature psychological structure identified by its more realistic sense of self esteem.
These Narcissistic wounds lead to repressed wishes, anti-social impulses, morally questionable motives and fantasies of grandiose nature.
The vampire image serves as a scapegoat as it allows us to disown the negative aspects of our personalities. This in turn becomes Narcissistic rage and one seeks the utter destruction of others.
The vampire within ourselves projects its image onto others thereby justifying its own predatory intentions.

. . . . Carl Jung

True vampires have nothing to do with this either.

adimus

And where did you hear that? In Bible school? LOL

Vampires aren't in the Bible. LOL

I heard that on an A&E documentary in the early 90s. Also, one of my old room mates came out of such a cult. He is a good friend of mine and has been since 1995.

But I happen to know from personal experience that people can and are sometimes demon possessed. I am sorry if Universities deny this. But it is a reality. After spending time in Africa with the locals there, and knowing lifelong missionaries there, I can safely say that there are all sorts of demonic things going on in the world that we are never exposed to here in the west.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Define "Vampire."

Sure, I believe there are Goth vampires. But immortal, bloodsucking, photophobic undead -- not likely.

There are, of course, parasitic bloodsuckers of other species. Would they qualify as vamps?

Oh. I read that today but thanks for posting it anyway^^

'Define Vampires'

Well not really the movie type but just normal people who have an immortal soul that keeps passing from one body to another without leaving the earth, that craves blood but doesn't sleep in coffins, have pure white skin etc.
And certainly doesn't sparkle in the sun(Twilight, lol)