• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verifiable evidence for creationism?

Is there any verifiable evidence for creationism?

• Yes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 81.0%

• Total voters

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Not evidence OF a god, but also not evidence that there IS NO god. The likelihood of there not being a god gets raised due to parsimony and infinite regression.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Not evidence OF a god, but also not evidence that there IS NO god. The likelihood of there not being a god gets raised due to parsimony and infinite regression.
Also, for likelihood to even come into question, God must be adequately defined. I personally think that merely saying "creator" isn't nearly enough.

Zosimus

I don't believe you. Please provide an exact calculation. Show your work.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
clarity of reason

the pivot is faith.....the ability to believe
I use reasoning to build my belief

Faith is not certainty though. Certainty does not require faith.
Clarity of reason is demonstrated by lack of any falsification and accuracy of prediction. Certainty drives faith away by obviating the need.

when you don't have a photo, a fingerprint, an equation or a repeatable experiment.....
all you got is faith

and all you can do is think about it
Multiple and supporting inferences that reach the same conclusion via different paths works just fine.
and no...it does not
Certainty without evidence is just one part fairy tale combined with two parts hubris.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Clarity of reason is demonstrated by lack of any falsification and accuracy of prediction. Certainty drives faith away by obviating the need.

Multiple and supporting inferences that reach the same conclusion via different paths works just fine.
Certainty without evidence is just one party fairy tale combined with two parts hubris.
you didn't mention logic....
I can now ignore you

Zosimus

What "exact calculation" are you requesting specifically?
When someone says, "God is extremely unlikely," I want to see the exact calculation used to arrive at the "extremely unlikely" probability. Otherwise, it's just someone saying what he or she feels.