• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waltz family members are supporting Trump.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

F1fan

Veteran Member
L
Shows not all of them are drinking the Kool aid. They know the country is in dire straits.
Right, with so much progress going on the MAGAs don't think America is racist and extremist enough. They think the criminal candidate will fix it for them.

Deport brown people, millions of them. Limit voting access to brown people. Limit women's reproductive rights. Cut taxes without any plans to lower the deficit. Claim small govenrment as it claims it will lower consumer prices (how, they don't say).

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Right, with so much progress going on the MAGAs don't think America is racist and extremist enough. They think the criminal candidate will fix it for them.

Deport brown people, millions of them. Limit voting access to brown people. Limit women's reproductive rights. Cut taxes without any plans to lower the deficit. Claim small govenrment as it claims it will lower consumer prices (how, they don't say).
Deport illegal immigrants, regardless of skin color you mean. (I am not a MAGA by the way but am a Republican.) Limit the rights of women to kill unborn babies for the sake of convenience only (not in the cases of rape, incest, or undue risk of health of the mother). I am all for lowering the deficit and inflation.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Shows not all of them are drinking the Kool aid. They know the country is in dire straits.
This says a lot about Waltz.

And this says a lot about the direction of the Party in general:

I believe that The Republican party will be the new Democratic Party.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Deport illegal immigrants, regardless of skin color you mean.
That makes the racism seem softer, doesn't it? "Look, we deported that woman and she's not that dark. So we aren't racist."
(I am not a MAGA by the way but am a Republican.)
You need to work harder to show a difference.
Limit the rights of women to kill unborn babies for the sake of convenience only (not in the cases of rape, incest, or undue risk of health of the mother).
See, look at the right wing rhetoric that isn't true in any sense. No one is killing babies, but the far right needs to frame it falsely like this because you don't really have a moral argument. There is a moral argument but it has to allow abortion, and the right is too extreme to concede this.
I am all for lowering the deficit and inflation.
Then you better vote for a democrat, because republicans don't do it. What plans do republicans have to lower inflation? What Trump claims will make it worse.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

According to family legend, I'm the third or fourth cousin of an Irish televangelist. I'm not sure how this reflects on me, though.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
This says a lot about Waltz.
"A sister of Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Walz says she doesn’t recognize the people wearing “Nebraska Walz’s for Trump” T-shirts in a photo that is making the rounds on social media. It turns out they are distant cousins. ...

... Walz’s sister, Sandy Dietrich, of Alliance, Nebraska, said she suspected it might be people from that branch of the family. Dietrich and Walz’s father, James Walz, died of lung cancer in 1984 when the future congressman and Minnesota governor was just a teenager. His father had been the school superintendent in Valentine, Nebraska.

“We weren’t close with them. We didn’t know them,” she said."

So, they're supposedly distant cousins who've never even met Tim Walz.
In light of that, what do you think this says about Walz, exactly?

Kathryn

That makes the racism seem softer, doesn't it? "Look, we deported that woman and she's not that dark. So we aren't racist."

You need to work harder to show a difference.

See, look at the right wing rhetoric that isn't true in any sense. No one is killing babies, but the far right needs to frame it falsely like this because you don't really have a moral argument. There is a moral argument but it has to allow abortion, and the right is too extreme to concede this.

Then you better vote for a democrat, because republicans don't do it. What plans do republicans have to lower inflation? What Trump claims will make it worse.
All I know, KNOW, is that I was a lot better off under Trump. Meanwhile, I don't care what you or anyone else on this forum thinks of me to be completely honest, so no, I don't need to work harder to show a difference. I am a Republican for a reason, and it has nothing to do with racism or infringing on the rights of women. Believe it or not, I don't really care what you think.

Kathryn

"A sister of Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Walz says she doesn’t recognize the people wearing “Nebraska Walz’s for Trump” T-shirts in a photo that is making the rounds on social media. It turns out they are distant cousins. ...

... Walz’s sister, Sandy Dietrich, of Alliance, Nebraska, said she suspected it might be people from that branch of the family. Dietrich and Walz’s father, James Walz, died of lung cancer in 1984 when the future congressman and Minnesota governor was just a teenager. His father had been the school superintendent in Valentine, Nebraska.

“We weren’t close with them. We didn’t know them,” she said."

So, they're supposedly distant cousins who've never even met Tim Walz.
In light of that, what do you think this says about Walz, exactly?
By the way Walz's brother, who I know nothing about, is not voting for Harris or Walz. Read to the end of the article. It's interesting to me that it's at the very end.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
By the way Walz's brother, who I know nothing about, is not voting for Harris or Walz. Read to the end of the article. It's interesting to me that it's at the very end.
Oh, I read it ...

"In recent days, the New York Post has reported on Facebook comments from the governor’s older brother, Jeff Walz of Freeport, Florida, in which he said of his younger sibling: “The stories I could tell. Not the type of character you want making decisions about your future.” The 67-year-old also wrote that he was “100% opposed to all his ideology” and had thought about endorsing Trump, the Post reported.

In comments published Wednesday by NewsNation, Jeff Walz said that he was still irked he learned on the radio that his brother would be Harris’ running mate, but that he didn’t intend to influence the political debate and doesn’t want to be involved with anybody’s campaign.

Jeff Walz told NewsNation that he and the 60-year-old governor have not spoken since the funeral of their younger brother, Craig Walz, in 2016, aside from a brief phone call last month through their mother. He told NewsNation that what he was referring to in his post by “stories” were from their childhood.

“Nobody wanted to sit with him, because he had car sickness and would always throw up on us, that sort of thing,” Jeff Walz said. “There’s really nothing else hidden behind there. People are assuming something else. There’s other stories like that, but I think that probably gives you the gist of it.”

He also told NewsNation that he would make no further statements on the subject. He did not immediately return messages left Wednesday by the AP."

So he's not voting for his brother because he used to have car sickness and nobody wanted to sit with him. Mmmkay.

wellwisher

There is a difference between legal and illegal immigrants, similar to the difference between shoppers and shoplifters. This may be a difficult concept for the left, but it is true. Abortion has nothing to do with reproduction, since it kills the unborn. Reproduction right is about the right to have babies and there is no law against that. We should call Abortion the illegitimate killing rights, of the most vulnerable, by the most cruel and selfish, to make the words closer to the truth; bimbo benefit. Fewer bimbos would decrease the need.

Tax revenue increased the last time because of theTrump cut taxes. This always occurs because the interest on the Federal deficit gives Government a negative rate of return to the tune of -22.7% on collected tax revenue. The less tax money Government has to spend the less taxes go to waste, just on interest on debt. It is better to let the earner keep their taxes even they put if under the mattress, since 0% is better than -22.7 %.

Smaller Government means adding less to the deficit. The fewer the boneheads we have in government that give us -22.7 % rate of return, the more the waste multiplier goes down. We trim until the rising tax revenues, meet the need of a streamlined government. Then the deficit gets paid down. Jobs are important, even government jobs But they should not drag everyone else down. They need to add to the GNP and not take away from it at -22.7 %. Too big to fail is no longer an option. Smaller and successful is the new option.

As far as the Walz extended family voting for Trump, not everyone has to be a DNC NAZI walking in synchronized gossip goose step. Some Democrats can talk policy and not get bogged down in just busy body gossip. There is only one winner when it comes to policy and they do not goose step.

I think the problem with the DNC is its leaders are still trying to recreate the ambiance of 1960-70's, but it is no longer organic. It is not the love generation, with big heart and open minds, but the fear and hate monger generation. It is more negative, contrived and bordering on the unnatural and the delusional. Do your own thing was about being open and experimental and not stuck in the Big Government mud pits of today. Many Democrats are wanting to go back to an earlier time, with Trump closer to that time. The RNC is more about policy but has to go in the mud to defend against the DNC fake news and lie machine. The Left does not wish to talk policy since their ideas make things worse. It is time to look back at the past 50 years of experiments and pick the best of the best and make America Great Again. In that -22.7% depreciation of tax value are a lot of money pit experiments that need to end and go away. There are also many good ones that can stay.

F1fan

Veteran Member
All I know, KNOW, is that I was a lot better off under Trump.
Yeah, one person. But as you say over and over and over again you aren't voting for him, so I guess it wasn't all that great. And don't you remember that he was fired because he wasn't capable of managing the pandemic? And look at the fallout of the pandemic that Biden had to manage, and did so in a way that led to great economic stability. Many cite inflation, but it's ignored that the inflation was global, not just the USA. Biden managed the inflation better than most other countries, and few recognize this because they only look at their own situation. That is a narrow and irration way to assess the reality of the economy.
Meanwhile, I don't care what you or anyone else on this forum thinks of me to be completely honest, so no, I don't need to work harder to show a difference.
I actually think you do. You post a lot about yourself, your own beliefs, and that you won;t vote for either candidate, over and over and over again as if we all didn't know this already. Many of your posts are all about you, not the ideas we are discussing.
I am a Republican for a reason, and it has nothing to do with racism or infringing on the rights of women.
Yet you don't have a problem with the serious morsl consequences of either issue. You are as idealistic as many other conservatives and lack the compassion and moral depth that your ideas cause on others.
Believe it or not, I don't really care what you think.
Yet you post that you don't care instead of just not caring in silence. It appears that you care more than you realize. One problem conservatives have with their rigid and uncompromizing views is wanting to belong, but holding views that are distasteful to the compassionate majority.

F1fan

Veteran Member
There is a difference between legal and illegal immigrants,
Come on, when has Trump or any other MAGA cared about legal status? Even you extremists will mistreat migrants who have filed for asylum, and take away their children. The deportation that Trump promises numbers in multiple millions, and that suggests even legal migrants will be arrested, detained, and deported. The Agenda 47 offers no details about how this will be done, including how it will be legal according to US law. MAGA plans and ideals indicate more and more criminal elemnets behind their plans. Your posts are rampant with disinformation so extreme and false that it's not worth having to dispute any of it. Your posts can be dismissed as a whole they are so poorly informed. In fact they aren't even readable. It's worse than creationism.

Kathryn

Yeah, one person. But as you say over and over and over again you aren't voting for him, so I guess it wasn't all that great. And don't you remember that he was fired because he wasn't capable of managing the pandemic? And look at the fallout of the pandemic that Biden had to manage, and did so in a way that led to great economic stability. Many cite inflation, but it's ignored that the inflation was global, not just the USA. Biden managed the inflation better than most other countries, and few recognize this because they only look at their own situation. That is a narrow and irration way to assess the reality of the economy.

I actually think you do. You post a lot about yourself, your own beliefs, and that you won;t vote for either candidate, over and over and over again as if we all didn't know this already. Many of your posts are all about you, not the ideas we are discussing.

Yet you don't have a problem with the serious morsl consequences of either issue. You are as idealistic as many other conservatives and lack the compassion and moral depth that your ideas cause on others.

Yet you post that you don't care instead of just not caring in silence. It appears that you care more than you realize. One problem conservatives have with their rigid and uncompromizing views is wanting to belong, but holding views that are distasteful to the compassionate majority.
I DON'T care.

Kathryn

Oh, I read it ...

"In recent days, the New York Post has reported on Facebook comments from the governor’s older brother, Jeff Walz of Freeport, Florida, in which he said of his younger sibling: “The stories I could tell. Not the type of character you want making decisions about your future.” The 67-year-old also wrote that he was “100% opposed to all his ideology” and had thought about endorsing Trump, the Post reported.

In comments published Wednesday by NewsNation, Jeff Walz said that he was still irked he learned on the radio that his brother would be Harris’ running mate, but that he didn’t intend to influence the political debate and doesn’t want to be involved with anybody’s campaign.

Jeff Walz told NewsNation that he and the 60-year-old governor have not spoken since the funeral of their younger brother, Craig Walz, in 2016, aside from a brief phone call last month through their mother. He told NewsNation that what he was referring to in his post by “stories” were from their childhood.

“Nobody wanted to sit with him, because he had car sickness and would always throw up on us, that sort of thing,” Jeff Walz said. “There’s really nothing else hidden behind there. People are assuming something else. There’s other stories like that, but I think that probably gives you the gist of it.”

He also told NewsNation that he would make no further statements on the subject. He did not immediately return messages left Wednesday by the AP."

So he's not voting for his brother because he used to have car sickness and nobody wanted to sit with him. Mmmkay.
He said he doesn't want to get involved in any political stuff. He said he would make no further comments and he did not return any messages left by the AP.