• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waltz family members are supporting Trump.

Pogo

This says a lot about Waltz.

And this says a lot about the direction of the Party in general:

I believe that The Republican party will be the new Democratic Party.
If you are referring to the Democratic party of George Wallace you have a point and the 'Republican party is well on it's way there under Trump.
It sure ain't the party of Lincoln these days.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality

Shows not all of them are drinking the Kool aid. They know the country is in dire straits.
I know I wouldn't have to go to the grandchildren of my grandfather's brother to find relatives who think differently than me -- especially in politics.

Isn't it wonderful to live in a place of such freedom?

Pogo

Source? Opinion! Inflammatory, gaslighting, fake news

Inflammatory and fake. So, if someone doesn’t agree with you they are extremists? That is an extremist statement

Source? Take away children? Asylum from what?

Us “extremists” love immigrants. Love following the immigration laws.

You ought to look at this very sane understanding of immigration:

Bad news for you, without immigrants, there won't be anybody to take care of you in the future, without immigrants US population growth will go negative within about 15 years. Immigrants are the young workers we need to maintain our economy.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I know I wouldn't have to go to the grandchildren of my grandfather's brother to find relatives who think differently than me -- especially in politics.

My family has a broad range of religions as well as political views. The family tradition is that children shall be raised to have their own minds.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
My family has a broad range of religions as well as political views. The family tradition is that children shall be raised to have their own minds.
Here was my take on things. Until a child graduated from high school, they had to go with me or SOMEONE to church on Sunday mornings. After that, they could choose whatever they wanted to do. They could also ask any questions they wanted to (as long as they did so respectfully) and they didn't have to convert or be baptised or anything like that.

As they got older, they morphed as I did. I now have an agnostic liberal, one that's non Trinitarian but more conservative than me, one that's definitely more conservative than me, and one that's a Christian but less conservative than me. So kind of across the board religiously and politically.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Here was my take on things. Until a child graduated from high school, they had to go with me or SOMEONE to church on Sunday mornings. After that, they could choose whatever they wanted to do. They could also ask any questions they wanted to (as long as they did so respectfully) and they didn't have to convert or be baptised or anything like that.
Church wasn't mandatory for us. However, we were encouraged to go with others if invited. (Be they pagan, Christian, or other.) Lots of books on various religions were also available to us as kids.

Kathryn

Church wasn't mandatory for us. However, we were encouraged to go with others if invited. (Be they pagan, Christian, or other.) Lots of books on various religions were also available to us as kids.
Oh I had tons of books available, and had a Koran, a Mormon bible, etc. I also lived in a very diverse neighborhood, which was very helpful.

Kathryn

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Both my parents were tory voters, thought they were Christians, ate meat and couldn't see the point in listening to music. They didn't have much influence on me...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I bet you're willing to call them the backwater people. ;0)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
All I know, KNOW, is that I was a lot better off under Trump. Meanwhile, I don't care what you or anyone else on this forum thinks of me to be completely honest, so no, I don't need to work harder to show a difference. I am a Republican for a reason, and it has nothing to do with racism or infringing on the rights of women. Believe it or not, I don't really care what you think.
There is no question a lot of people were a lot better off under Trump because every time the Democrat gets elected , things go to hell and everything they touch gets destroyed.

Kathryn

There is no question a lot of people were a lot better off under Trump because every time the Democrat gets elected , things go to hell and everything they touch gets destroyed.
And I didn't even vote for him!

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I bet you're willing to call them the backwater people. ;0)
Nope. Not at all. They're generally more "successful" than me which, IMO, puts blinders on them. No one sees the needs of their neighbors less than those comfortable and well fed.