• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waltz family members are supporting Trump.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Nope. Not at all. They're generally more "successful" than me which, IMO, puts blinders on them. No one sees the needs of their neighbors less than those comfortable and well fed.
I just downsized, to a 1700 square foot house, since it's just me. Maybe I appear to be "more successful" than some but I assure you I am not.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I just downsized, to a 1700 square foot house, since it's just me. Maybe I appear to be "more successful" than some but I assure you I am not.
If you "downsized" to 1,700 Sq. Ft. then, yes you are. Own it. Use it. As the founder of the Methodist Church said, the more you have, the more you can give.

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Shows not all of them are drinking the Kool aid. They know the country is in dire straits.
OH, MY! The sky is definitely falling.

And I'll bet you demand all of your distant cousins do exactly as you would, eh?

(Assuming you even know who they are. Most people have no idea about their 2nd and 3rd or more cousins, a time or 12 removed. I know that because as an orphan I've been doing my family tree on Ancestry, and have 25,516 DNA matches to track down -- of which 842 are close matches.)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I didn't say "direct control." I said I am all for lowering the deficit and inflation.
I'm all for time travel, but I don't know how to do it.

Quote from Ivestopedia: "In modern times, the preferred method of controlling inflation is through contractionary monetary policies imposed by the nation's central bank. The alternative is a cap on prices, which don't have a great record of success. In either case, soft landings are hard to pull off."

And that is exactly what has been happening -- under the Biden/Harris administration, by the way.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I'm all for time travel, but I don't know how to do it.

Quote from Ivestopedia: "In modern times, the preferred method of controlling inflation is through contractionary monetary policies imposed by the nation's central bank. The alternative is a cap on prices, which don't have a great record of success. In either case, soft landings are hard to pull off."

And that is exactly what has been happening -- under the Biden/Harris administration, by the way.
Some things are above my pay grade and I don't mind admitting it. And I used to manage a bank!

F1fan

Veteran Member
Inflammatory, hype and fake news mixed in with some facts.
My, look at the fake outrage and you make one false claim after another and refuse to admit error, or even try to defend yourself.

You make false claims, you get exposed, just leave it snd never repeat it.

Are you a marxist?
No.

I notice you ignore defending your claim that a popular vote for president is Marxist. I take it you realize the absurdity of your claim since all other elections are by popular mandate.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Shows not all of them are drinking the Kool aid. They know the country is in dire straits.
politics-donald_trump-maga-cartoons---EC430916_low.jpg
The koolaid drinkers are the ones supporting a treasonous, felonious rapist who backs a theocratic agenda against democracy and liberty.

Pogo

OH, MY! The sky is definitely falling.

And I'll bet you demand all of your distant cousins do exactly as you would, eh?

(Assuming you even know who they are. Most people have no idea about their 2nd and 3rd or more cousins, a time or 12 removed. I know that because as an orphan I've been doing my family tree on Ancestry, and have 25,516 DNA matches to track down -- of which 842 are close matches.)
There is also the option that all those who met him are now distant.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
When you level a post that has nothing but far left opinions… can’t help but wonder if you are marxist. What are you?

Have you heard of something called the "Overton window"?

The Overton window is the range of policies politically acceptable to the mainstream population at a given time. It is named after Joseph Overton, who proposed that an idea's political viability depends mainly on whether it falls within this range, rather than on politicians' individual preferences.

My point is that "far left" and other such statements tend to be relative and culture dependent. If you take what is currently considered in the USA to be "far left" and stand there (metaphorically) with a powerful telescope, and look to the left ... see that little dot on the horizon, that's Marxism.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
When you level a post that has nothing but far left opinions… can’t help but wonder if you are marxist. What are you?
Far left? Did you see my post after someone tried to kill Trump? That's Far Left.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Is a brother a better?

Jeff Walz’s comments come after he wrote on Facebook that he hasn’t spoken to his brother in eight years but is “100% opposed to all his ideology.”
So TF what? Is Tim Walz obliged to run on a platform of "I'll do whatever my brother says?" Then let the bloody brother run!

And for the record, because his brother disagrees with him doesn't make his brother right and Tim wrong. This is usually not a hard thing for most people to understand.

Last edited: