• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was it fair to kick Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden?

esmith

Veteran Member
Point of the story of the Garden Of Eden is that man can not live up to the simplest commands of God. When Adam & Eve ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil or Tree of All Knowledge one could argue that this is NOT the fall of man but the RISE of Man. The story takes God "off-the-hook" for evil and places the blame on man. Thus "FREE WILL".

outhouse

Atheistically
Point of the story of the Garden Of Eden is that man can not live up to the simplest commands of God. When Adam & Eve ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil or Tree of All Knowledge one could argue that this is NOT the fall of man but the RISE of Man. The story takes God "off-the-hook" for evil and places the blame on man. Thus "FREE WILL".

could be one of the many metaphors or parables

gnostic

The Lost One
thief said:
rooted in theory....
What theory?

You mean it is rooted in pagan Sumerian/Babylonian myths?

thief said:
supported by equation....
What equation? I didn't see no equation? That's a new one.

thief said:
altogether feasible....
So it is equally feasible for serpent to talk in human speech? It would be a funny scripture if they had included Mr Ed too.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What theory?

You mean it is rooted in pagan Sumerian/Babylonian myths?

What equation? I didn't see no equation? That's a new one.

So it is equally feasible for serpent to talk in human speech? It would be a funny scripture if they had included Mr Ed too.

Well Mister Ed.....
maybe you need to raise your own bar a notch or two.

In searching for the 'truth'.....
Take the myth as a myth and try to realize the meaning behind the story.
Take science up to the point where you count God out...then don't.

Last edited:

AntEmpire

It was a trap, fairer would've been to not create a demon snake & a tree of knowledge and put it in the paradise.

reve

Maybe the Garden was somewhere near Sirius, as they could not get back there (yet) without burning up. Free will is just a sermon made out of the story, not a fact. All of us will make a mistake at some time and learn from it perhaps. Any baby who does not know right from wrong will choose whether or not to break the rules one day. It is not a trap just a fact. My grandaughter refused to eat meat as a child but now does. I ate meat as a child (had to) buty do not now. The vegetarian element is clearly highlighted in Genesis and the Tree of Living things. A genetic tinkering took place when God reduced our lifespans to 70 years.

If you can believe it. But it is strange if not true that someone thought to invent the tale. It may be the first parable as my father believed.

7 days? I think they now say the universe was created in a millisecond, never mind 7 days. 7 stages may be more correct.

Have a nice weekend.

outhouse

Atheistically
A genetic tinkering took place when God reduced our lifespans to 70 years.

this is false and just anothe piece of fiction from the bible, A blatant lie actually by ancient hebrews

7 stages may be more correct

this is also as false as any statement can be.

the big bang may have happened at once roughly 14 billion years ago but the matter was all there and it did not come from nothing.

the adam eve story is fiction, man was not created in one day roughly 6000 years ago this is a fact not an opinion

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
It is indeed the Rise of the Intelligent Ape, it is also, I would agree a great scapegoat myth, but I cannot agree with "that man can not live up to the simplest commands of God".

esmith

Veteran Member
It is indeed the Rise of the Intelligent Ape, it is also, I would agree a great scapegoat myth, but I cannot agree with "that man can not live up to the simplest commands of God".

I agree about myth, the first 11 chapters of Genesis should be taken as good stories that try to explain the world as the ancient Jewish people saw it. We as modern man has to read the book without present knowledge or preconceived ideas. However, how do you understand the meaning of eating of the "forbidden fruit"?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I agree about myth, the first 11 chapters of Genesis should be taken as good stories that try to explain the world as the ancient Jewish people saw it. We as modern man has to read the book without present knowledge or preconceived ideas. However, how do you understand the meaning of eating of the "forbidden fruit"?
I have stated my understanding of this already in this thread.
A better understanding of this thread is had by reading it from the beginning.

gnostic

The Lost One
diosangpastol said:
some preachers thought that it was only a garden... and paradise is in the 3rd heaven... correct me if im wrong... :confused:

The idea that Paradise is in the 3rd heaven, originated in the 2nd book of Enoch (or 2 Enoch).

The 2 Enoch is one of the books in the Pseudepigrapha. According to this book, before Enoch vanished from earth for good, he was taken through 7 heavens. In the 7th heaven he met God. What you are interested in, is found in chapter 8, where he saw in the 3rd heaven was the Garden of Eden or Paradise.

See The Book of the Secrets of Enoch and go to chapter 8.

Lot of the ideas found in the New Testament about angels and fallen angels, heaven and hell, all comes from the 2 books of Enoch. Both the Pseudepigrapha literature and the NT gospels/revelation borrowed ideas from foreign religions, like Zoroastrianism and Hellenistic Greek and Egyptian mystery cults that were widespread before Jesus' time.

Last edited:

ninerbuff

godless wonder
I'm thinking that god was ****** that adam and eve may have actually gotten into his stash of apple cider. Yep boot em out!

Watchmen

Premium Member
I'm thinking that god was ****** that adam and eve may have actually gotten into his stash of apple cider. Yep boot em out!

Actually, he booted them out and provided a savior so that not only could they could get his apple cider, they'd learn how to make their own.