• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Psychotic?

MJFlores

abraham = brahma
sarai = sarasvatti
hagar = ghaggar

brahma, sarasvatti, and ghaggar are all archetypes. brahma's half sister and consort was sarasvatti, ghaggar was also his wife but of no blood relation.

These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.

History of the Jews in India - Wikipedia

"Was Jesus psychotic" is your topic, and you are diverting from it to India - you should have entered your topic as "Was Jesus Indian?" The Mormons would say he visited North America, as one of their replies. Or an alternative topic title would be "Are Jews from India?" Maybe it would drive people, really loco.

Could a psychotic person perform miracles?
My answer is no.
tumblr_o1u88zJVOj1um01uyo1_400.gif

Can someone insane feed more than 5,000 people? Definitely not.

John 6:1-14 New International Version (NIV)

Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Galilee (that is, the Sea of Tiberias), and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the signs he had performed by healing the sick. Then Jesus went up on a mountainside and sat down with his disciples. The Jewish Passover Festival was near.

When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.

Philip answered him, “It would take more than half a year’s wages to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!”

Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up, “Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?”

Jesus said, “Have the people sit down.” There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sat down (about five thousand men were there). Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.

After the people saw the sign Jesus performed, they began to say, “Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world.

upload_2017-6-11_17-29-36.jpeg

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
"Was Jesus psychotic" is your topic, and you are diverting from it to India - you should have entered your topic as "Was Jesus Indian?" The Mormons would say he visited North America, as one of their replies. Or an alternative topic title would be "Are Jews from India?" Maybe it would drive people, really loco.

Could a psychotic person perform miracles?
My answer is no.
View attachment 17981

Can someone insane feed more than 5,000 people? Definitely not.

John 6:1-14 New International Version (NIV)

Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Galilee (that is, the Sea of Tiberias), and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the signs he had performed by healing the sick. Then Jesus went up on a mountainside and sat down with his disciples. The Jewish Passover Festival was near.

When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.

Philip answered him, “It would take more than half a year’s wages to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!”

Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up, “Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?”

Jesus said, “Have the people sit down.” There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sat down (about five thousand men were there). Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.

After the people saw the sign Jesus performed, they began to say, “Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world.

View attachment 17982
jesus learned his information from yoga, meditation. meditation isn't accepted in western society as the path to god. christianity teaches that you find god in the image of another, externalized and apart from self. how can one find anything without self? especially if the Father and Jesus are in you?

MJFlores

jesus learned his information from yoga, meditation. meditation isn't accepted in western society as the path to god. christianity teaches that you find god in the image of another, externalized and apart from self. how can one find anything without self? especially if the Father and Jesus are in you?

Sir, what is your topic?
What is your subject?

Isn't it -
Was Jesus Psychotic?
Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Fool, Thursday at 4:23 AM.

8346f9e89137910e0b5e26626c349dd7.gif

I am here to disprove that the Lord Jesus was psychotic because Jesus was a man sent by God and the miracles God did through him proves his commissioning.

Acts 2:22 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

“My fellow Israelites, listen to these words: Jesus from Nazareth was a very special man. God clearly showed this to you. He proved it by the miracles, wonders, and miraculous signs he did through Jesus. You all saw these things, so you know this is true.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Sir, what is your topic?
What is your subject?

Isn't it -
Was Jesus Psychotic?
Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Fool, Thursday at 4:23 AM.

View attachment 17983

I am here to disprove that the Lord Jesus was psychotic because Jesus was a man sent by God and the miracles God did through him proves his commissioning.

Acts 2:22 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

“My fellow Israelites, listen to these words: Jesus from Nazareth was a very special man. God clearly showed this to you. He proved it by the miracles, wonders, and miraculous signs he did through Jesus. You all saw these things, so you know this is true.

having a mental health crisis/issue , doesn't make you a good/bad person.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Focus on the topic you started.
View attachment 17999

yes, i think people with mental health issues can do miraculous things. obviously can work wonders. they do it for narcissistic reasons. they're are faqirs who do wonderous things for personal gain and fame.

case in point:

Simon the Sorcerer
9 Now for some time a man named Simon had practiced sorcery and amazed all the people of Samaria. He boasted that he was someone great 10 and all the people, both high and low, gave him their attention and exclaimed, “This man is rightly called the Great Power of God.11 They followed him because he had amazed them for a long time with his sorcery. 12 But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.

Last edited:

MJFlores

upload_2017-6-12_9-3-52.jpeg

Jesus ain't stupid. Stupid people thinks he is stupid as we can read from the bible:

Mark 3:20-23 Good News Translation (GNT)

Then Jesus went home. Again such a large crowd gathered that Jesus and his disciples had no time to eat. When his family heard about it, they set out to take charge of him, because people were saying, “He's gone mad!”

Some teachers of the Law who had come from Jerusalem were saying, “He has Beelzebul in him! It is the chief of the demons who gives him the power to drive them out.”

So Jesus called them to him and spoke to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan?

David T

Premium Member
First there is
Ultimately, it's unethical to try to diagnose/attach diagnosis labels on such a figure. We don't even know if Paul actually saw a light/heard a voice-something that resembles a psychotic disorder-or if he just made the whole thing up. Was Moses' burning bush a form of mental illness, or drug induced hallucination? The fact the stories as recorded are less than second-hand accounts makes such a task pretty much impossible.

So? Science is supposed to be updated when new evidence is presented. And, no, they aren't the same people. Psychiatrists and neuropsychology are two different fields of
Ultimately, it's unethical to try to diagnose/attach diagnosis labels on such a figure. We don't even know if Paul actually saw a light/heard a voice-something that resembles a psychotic disorder-or if he just made the whole thing up. Was Moses' burning bush a form of mental illness, or drug induced hallucination? The fact the stories as recorded are less than second-hand accounts makes such a task pretty much impossible.

So? Science is supposed to be updated when new evidence is presented. And, no, they aren't the same people. Psychiatrists and neuropsychology are two different fields of study.
You are right palm reading and prescription writing are two different fields my bad.

David T

Premium Member
your avatar reminds me of cernunnos, the lord of the dance.
Observant my friend he is also kokopelli in native American Tradition, he is faunus in roman tradtion, he is pan in ancient greek tradition and be is king david in the old testament!!! He is a very very busy dude!!!!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
First there is

You are right palm reading and prescription writing are two different fields my bad.
Well, if you want to dismiss neuropsychology as palm reading (as they don't write prescriptions but psychiatrists do), that is on you do dismiss a vast wealth of a new science that is literally taking us to new depths of understanding cognition and neurology.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Jesus ain't stupid.
How often do you come away from his parables and go, "Wow, he knows what he's talking about"?

When you tell a parable of planting seeds on the sidewalk and getting angry the seeds aren't growing, it tells me you are too stupid to know how to plant things.

When you tell a parable of various rulers or landowners punishing the victims of your neglect, it tells me you are too stupid to know how to rule wisely or manage a business intelligently.

When you tell a parable of a father who never goes to look for his badly reared child, it tells me you are too stupid to be a parent.

About the only parables worth any points are the Good Samaritan and the Good Shepherd. The rest are just sad.

MJFlores

How often do you come away from his parables and go, "Wow, he knows what he's talking about"?

When you tell a parable of planting seeds on the sidewalk and getting angry the seeds aren't growing, it tells me you are too stupid to know how to plant things.

When you tell a parable of various rulers or landowners punishing the victims of your neglect, it tells me you are too stupid to know how to rule wisely or manage a business intelligently.

When you tell a parable of a father who never goes to look for his badly reared child, it tells me you are too stupid to be a parent.

About the only parables worth any points are the Good Samaritan and the Good Shepherd. The rest are just sad.

Please open up a thread and maybe we could discuss these parables in depth. There are times when the Lord Jesus Christ spoke in parables, as allegories for people to understand what he was saying. If these parables won't work on them - it sad because it has a meaning.

54c109103959c63a74d6f8c5a05d89ce.jpg

Matthew 13:10-15 New International Version (NIV)

The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.

Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Observant my friend he is also kokopelli in native American Tradition, he is faunus in roman tradtion, he is pan in ancient greek tradition and be is king david in the old testament!!! He is a very very busy dude!!!!

he is a trickster, eh?

behold I come like a thief................................;)

LukeS

I think that the main case for psychosis would include being crucified voluntarily, a major impairment in social and personal functioning. In Islam Jesus wasn't crucified, afaik he was "taken up" unto God.

David T

Premium Member
Well, if you want to dismiss neuropsychology as palm reading (as they don't write prescriptions but psychiatrists do), that is on you do dismiss a vast wealth of a new science that is literally taking us to new depths of understanding cognition and neurology.
I suppose when you believe that the doubling of the depth of say a neutron is profound then it takes a rather long time to move an inch. When you use the term depth in context to what exeacty are you contextualizing? I look back at the split between heraclitus and Pythagoreanism that self deluded intellectual cult and laugh, only the clothing has changed in 2,600 years. It appears evolution moves at hyper slow speeds in regards to intellectual development which like a cat is always fascinated by shinny new things!!!! So as a cat I suppose it would appear that way to you oddly enough. A sort of ADD in the moment bouncing from one to the next model year. Isn't the new iPhone so cool, oh that new shinny car, oh that new tv shoe, oh that new movie oh that new new new..... and the waves continue to roll in and out, the sun rises and sets, and the trees pay no attention to the new shinny toys we create and fall deeply in love with.

David T

Premium Member
he is a trickster, eh?

behold I come like a thief................................;)
indeed!!!! The ancient texts are not about super naturalism, they are about nature understood to be more than naturalism or reductionism as it's fantasy explained today. They saw the magic in the wind, in the rain, in the sky and in the earth and they said God is one!!! We today rip the magic out of the world around us and claim it as our own in religion and in science. Oh so silly, and dangerous. We currently are on a path of our own destruction we can see it emperically look at the state of the enviroment. Nature is a perennial it only has to fall asleep. And it will do so in regards to us if we don't start paying much much closer attention. Religion sets itself apart from nature, science believes it to be a car engine. Two fools fooled!!!