• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Sexy?

A

angellous_evangellous

JillianMarie77 said:
Well. Depends on your "type". Most likely he was dark skinned with dark hair and dark eyes. He walked around barefooted and stuff so his skin was probably rough. Though he did get them anointed from time to time it appears so perhaps the oils helped to soften the heels and callouses.

I don't imagine he smelled so great. Back then it probably was normal but in the days of indoor plumbing and lavender scented body wash we'd all probably gag.

Long flowing hair? I think not! Probably slightly nappy.

Long flowing robes. Probably commando.

Is that your thing?

Actually, they were much cleaner than Europeans in the Dark Ages...

The Romans built aquaducts, and many places did have indoor plumbing with fresh water. Wealthy folks had baths and even what we call swimming pools. Asia Minor had almost more baths than Rome.

I haven't seen archeology reports from Galilee or Nazareth, but I'm confident that they were able to bathe regularly in the Sea of Galilee or rivers in the area.

A

angellous_evangellous

JillianMarie77 said:
Well. Depends on your "type". Most likely he was dark skinned with dark hair and dark eyes. He walked around barefooted and stuff so his skin was probably rough. Though he did get them anointed from time to time it appears so perhaps the oils helped to soften the heels and callouses.

I don't imagine he smelled so great. Back then it probably was normal but in the days of indoor plumbing and lavender scented body wash we'd all probably gag.

Long flowing hair? I think not! Probably slightly nappy.

Long flowing robes. Probably commando.

Is that your thing?

Actually, they were much cleaner than Europeans in the Dark Ages...

The Romans built aquaducts, and many places did have indoor plumbing with fresh water. Wealthy folks had baths and even what we call swimming pools. Asia Minor had almost more baths than Rome.

I haven't seen archeology reports from Galilee or Nazareth, but I'm confident that they were able to bathe regularly in the Sea of Galilee or rivers in the area.

standing_alone

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

This better be the last time I have to try to post this! I keep getting "database error!" AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!:banghead3

Anyways...

Does anybody in our modern age even know what Jesus Christ looked like? Or are we just going off of the "Eurocentric" renditions of Christ? You know, this type of depiction:

Jesus.jpg

Frankly, in my opinion, I don't think anyone in our modern age has any idea of what Jesus Christ looked like. All we have our various renditions and depictions of Christ.

Here is a link to various renditions of Jesus Christ in artwork:

http://landru.i-link-2.net/shnyves/face.christ.jpg

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
standing_alone said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

This better be the last time I have to try to post this! I keep getting "database error!" AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!:banghead3

Anyways...

Does anybody in our modern age even know what Jesus Christ looked like? Or are we just going off of the "Eurocentric" renditions of Christ? You know, this type of depiction:

Jesus.jpg

Frankly, in my opinion, I don't think anyone in our modern age has any idea of what Jesus Christ looked like. All we have our various renditions and depictions of Christ.

Here is a link to various renditions of Jesus Christ in artwork:

http://landru.i-link-2.net/shnyves/face.christ.jpg
yeah, but do you think he was sexy?

standing_alone

Buttons* said:
yeah, but do you think he was sexy?

That's what my point is. We don't really know what Jesus actually looked like, so how do we know if he was sexy? All we have are artist renditions - by artists who lived at a different time than Jesus. And these artist renditions vary in Jesus Christ's appearance as well. It'd be more appropriate if you posted an artist rendition of Jesus Christ and asked, "Do you think this artist's rendition of Jesus Christ is sexy?" For we know not what the actual Jesus Christ looked like for certain.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I certainly hope this isn't sacrilege, but I thought Jesus was sexy in Jesus Christ Superstar, but I think Jesus was really a black man, or at least tan, olive maybe.
0783232071.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Well...I once had a social research methods lecturer, who I thought looked rather like I would have pictured Jesus - until he opened his mouth and John Lennon's voice came out:biglaugh: - and I woulda thrown him on the floor and had him in a second. :faint:

'If you want salvation and you think I'm sexy
Come on, sugar, let me know.
If you need a healing just reach out and touch me
Come on, honey, tell me so'

I am so going to hell for that one. Anyone wants me, I'll be at the bar.:D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I think he was quite average, was able to captivate with his words, but as far as looks go, he would not have been anything special to distract from his message.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
EnhancedSpirit said:
I certainly hope this isn't sacrilege, but I thought Jesus was sexy in Jesus Christ Superstar

yer, i went to see jesus christ super star a few years ago when it was on in nottingham........ jesus was camp :biglaugh:

I am so going to hell for that one. Anyone wants me, I'll be at the bar.:D
hahahaha, im not sure jesus is a fan of my "jesus could have been gay" idea........ me thinks im in for an eternity of drinking with you :biglaugh:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Life of Brian said:
hot could be alot of things, I've never really known two girls who've defined "hot" exactly the same

funny, when i ask them, the words "orlando bloom" have a tendancy to appear :rolleyes:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
jeffrey said:
Well, Mike, maybe he wasn't a carpenter by trade, maybe he was an interior decorator! :D

i dunno, he might just have been a hair stylist on the side :p

although, you could call him a model, after all, he did set the new fashion :biglaugh:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Jesus was God's son (according to some)
I asume God can make his son exactly as he wants to. If I got to make my son exactly as I wanted to, I would make him strong, intelligent, charismatic and sexy, etc, etc..
I see no reason why I would make my own son ugly..

But hé, that's just me :)