• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What actually made the difference between animals vs man in the beginning ?

epronovost

If so,
what for the scientists go into the sky ? :)

To fullfil a need to satiate curiosity, simple personnal pleasure, push our technical limits and our theoretical foundationz which increase our capacity to thrive in general.

epronovost

Man always remain unfulfilled. No matter how much, or what he has attained. Always look forward towards some higher goal.

Whereas, this is NOT the case in animals.

Animals are never satiated either. They will always try to find more comfort, more food, more pleasure, more safety, more mates or better ones (should they not be from a species that form long lasting pairs), more solid social bonds (should the be social), leave more descendants, etc.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Well, what actually made the difference between.. Animals vs Man in the beginning ?

Man is an animal.

As to what increased the intelligence of homosapiens, there are several hypothesis but nothing concrete.

Some ideas
Coming down from the trees and having to hunt on open land
Change of diet, from purely vegetation to include meat
Brain to body size
Brain density
Neurone size

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Rather, its just the repetition of same thing over and again.
Yeah, it is repetition. Some times it gets boring. Th first Sankaracharya prayed to Krishna in this way:

Punarapi Jananam Punarapi Maranam, Punarapi Jananijathare Shayanam,
Iha Samsāre Bahudustāre, Kripayā pāre Pāhi Murāre.
(From Bhaja Govindam – Adi Shankaracharya)

(Again the birth, again the death, again the nine-month stay in the womb of the mother,
O Krishna*, this world is too difficult, kindly take me to the other shore and save me.) :)

* Krishna, Murāri, the opponent of demon Murā.

chinu

chinu
Man is an animal.

As to what increased the intelligence of homosapiens, there are several hypothesis but nothing concrete.

Some ideas
Coming down from the trees and having to hunt on open land
Change of diet, from purely vegetation to include meat
Brain to body size
Brain density
Neurone size
But, animals also prospered this way.

chinu

chinu
Yeah, it is repetition. Some times it gets boring. Th first Sankaracharya prayed to Krishna in this way:

Punarapi Jananam Punarapi Maranam, Punarapi Jananijathare Shayanam,
Iha Samsāre Bahudustāre, Kripayā pāre Pāhi Murāre.
(From Bhaja Govindam – Adi Shankaracharya)

(Again the birth, again the death, again the nine-month stay in the womb of the mother,
O Krishna*, this world is too difficult, kindly take me to the other shore and save me.) :)

* Krishna, Murāri, the opponent of demon Murā.
Yeah.

But, animals don't get bored of it. :)

That's what make man different from animals.

HonestJoe

Man always remain unfulfilled. No matter how much, or what he has attained. Always look forward towards some higher goal.

*Other animals. :cool:

I think what you're trying to get at comes down to the fact humans developed complex imaginative intelligence. All animals have goals of some kind but we are able to have more complex, long-term and abstract goals. I'm not sure it's such a huge step in intelligence but it was probably something of a tipping point in our progress from basic pack behaviour to more structured society.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But, animals don't get bored of it. :)
That's what make man different from animals.
Herbivores have to eat a lot of it to sustain themselves so they are always busy in eating.
The carnivores have time, but think only of their non-veg food.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If you don't think before posting, as @Aupmanyav recommends you to do, very soon people are going to put you on Ignore and stop responding to you.
Oh, I would not put Chinu on ignore even if he is a theist. We suffer so many silly things in the forums, so Chinu alone does not make much of a difference.

chinu

chinu
Herbivores have to eat a lot of it to sustain themselves so they are always busy in eating.
The carnivores have time, but think only of their non-veg food.
Again the birth, again the death, again the nine-month stay in the womb of the mother,
O Krishna*, this world is too difficult, kindly take me to the other shore and save me.

^ That's what make man different from animals.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Where do you get that assertion from?

My dog is never full, always wants more food, never fulfilled.
My dog can never walk far enough, never fulfilled.

chinu

chinu
Where do you get that assertion from?

My dog is never full, always wants more food, never fulfilled.
My dog can never walk far enough, never fulfilled.
Man gets bored of repeating something again and again. And realize unfulfilled.
Animals don't.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But, animals also prospered this way.

Animals with similar attributes also tend to be intelligent and social.

However, most animals have not changed their environment from tree to savanna, in fact most haven't changed their environment at all

Note, there is a geko that has recently changed its environment from forest to cave, their evolution is rapid and being observed and documented.​

Most animals have retained their diet.
Although there are other large brained animals they are few with the a neurone density

PearlSeeker

Well, what actually made the difference between.. Animals vs Man in the beginning ?
Culture.

It was demonstrated that a human disconnected from thousands of years of human culture is not much different from other animals (just a little more efficient in cognitive abilities).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Again the birth, again the death, again the nine-month stay in the womb of the mother,
O Krishna*, this world is too difficult, kindly take me to the other shore and save me.

^ That's what make man different from animals.
BTW, I do not believe that. You know I am a strong atheist. Basically, I am still the animal. :D