• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What actually made the difference between animals vs man in the beginning ?

chinu

chinu
Animals with similar attributes also tend to be intelligent and social.

However, most animals have not changed their environment from tree to savanna, in fact most haven't changed their environment at all

Note, there is a geko that has recently changed its environment from forest to cave, their evolution is rapid and being observed and documented.​

Most animals have retained their diet.
Although there are other large brained animals they are few with the a neurone density
So, what makes difference between Man vs Animals ?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, any Abrahamic God would send me to eternal hell or destroy my soul, no raising from death for me.
Hindu Gods and Goddesses would just laugh at me, 'Now here comes a very knowledgeable human, eh, Aupmanyav".

chinu

chinu
Yeah, any Abrahamic God would send me to eternal hell or destroy my soul, no raising from death for me.
Hindu Gods and Goddesses would just laugh at me, 'Now here comes a very knowledgeable human, eh, Aupmanyav".
God cares for love NOT knowledge. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So, what makes difference between Man vs Animals ?

Nothing, homo sapiens are animals.

I really don't see why you keep asking the question n different threads, recieving the same answer then asking elsewhere. Do you have a problem with the human race being animals?

chinu

chinu
Nothing, homo sapiens are animals.

I really don't see why you keep asking the question n different threads, recieving the same answer then asking elsewhere. Do you have a problem with the human race being animals?
:D Of course, I have the problem with the human race being animals.

Human exercise to keep body fit, why don't animals ?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Human exercise to keep body fit, why don't animals ?
Rich people, those who work in offices, sedentary people, need exercise. Laborers, farmers do not need exercise. Their work itself is exercise enough. Similarly animals also do not need exercise, they get exercise enough either hunting or trying to escape the hunters or fighting with the competitors to be alpha-males in the flock. Go and work in a farm, you would not need any further exercise.
Mother expect love from her Son without any knowledge. Son is NOT her slave.
A mother will never send her son to eternal hell if he does not love her. Abrahamic God does, even till the third or fourth generation. Abrahamic God just wants slaves. Chinu, try it any time, you are trying to defend the indefensible.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Well, what actually made the difference between.. Animals vs Man in the beginning ?

Art. The ability to model reality as abstract images.

janfeb2016_f16_indonesiacavepaintings.jpg

chinu

chinu
Man isn't very good at flying when compared to an eagle.
Man can't swim as well as a shark
Man can't run as fast as a cheetah

So animals are far superior in most ways apart from brain power.
Man realize that he will remain unfulfilled even if he's capable of flying like eagle, or swim like shark.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
empty-nest-isolated-on-white-260nw-525738937.jpg

What about this ?

It's a nest. Nesting has helped some species to survive. If birds had instead developed the ability to visualize an abstract image of a nest to the point they could draw one and understand what was meant by these abstract images, they would likely be the dominate species now.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Well, what actually made the difference between.. Animals vs Man in the beginning ?

What difference?

Here's the biological definition of "animal":

An animal (plural: animals) refers to any of the eukaryotic multicellular organisms of the biological kingdom Animalia generally characterized to be heterotrophic, motile, having specialized sensory organs, lacking a cell wall, and growing from a blastula during embryonic development.

Seems to fit humans just as much as it does elephants, moths, ducks, butterflies, sheep, wolves, chimps, hippo's, panda bears, kangaroo's, .... etc.

What difference are you talking about?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
What is the beginning, for man in particular?

In a kind of poetic way, I once heared it being said like this:

"Humanity began the first time some primate crawled out of a tree to rescue a baby hominid from a dangerous predator, while that baby hominid wasn't his/her own child nore belonged to its own tribe"

I thought that was kind of nice.

Other then that... if you'ld go back generation by generation, then it would be impossible to pick a single generation and say "this one is the first homo sapiens". It's far to gradual for that.

Kind of like if you have a 50-year old human with a record of a mugshot taken every single day of his/her life from the day (s)he was born, lined up chronologically.

You can go back picture by picture and you wouldn't be able to pinpoint a single picture of which you could say "this is the day that this human became an adult".

So it's kind of hard to tell. Our concept of "species" that we name and label, in reality is just a snapshot in time. In reality, the concept of "species" is a very dynamic, gradual thing.