• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What actually made the difference between animals vs man in the beginning ?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what make man different from animals.

Did you mean the other animals? Man is an animal.

Each species is unique, making each type of animal (and each individual) different from the rest. It's not hard to see what makes each unique. The human beings will be the only ones speaking using symbolic language rather that just baying or birdsong.

No, look for food, fight competitors etc is NOT the goal. Rather, its just the repetition of same thing over and again.

Animals are selected by nature according to any competitive skills that facilitate fecundity. The animals are programmed by this process to pursue survival.

Man always remain unfulfilled. No matter how much, or what he has attained. Always look forward towards some higher goal.

Not always. Not me. I'd like to rejoin society again some day, but that's just lately. Otherwise, I'm content.

Again the birth, again the death, again the nine-month stay in the womb of the mother, O Krishna*, this world is too difficult, kindly take me to the other shore and save me. ^ That's what make man different from animals.

The other animals have one up on us there. They aren't troubled with religion and threats of damnation.

Of course, I have the problem with the human race being animals.

That's you, not me. It's probably due to some religious belief that has convinced you that your species alone was chosen and exalted by a god, who made you but not the beasts in its image: "Woo-hoo! Take that, beasts! We won. We're special. You got pwned by God! Now you get to be chicken fingers, bacon, and Buffalo wings!"

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Statue of God was kept on the back of a donkey who was passing through a village,
Villagers were bowing down when that donkey was passing in front of their house doors,
After some time donkey was passing back from that same village after delivering that statue in the temple,
This time, no body was bowing in front of him,
After some time, donkey realized that villagers were bowing down in front that statue NOT me.

Moral:

Knowledge is like the statue of God kept on that donkey's back.
Ego is the donkey itself :)

That made no sense whatsoever and seems like a completely random comment instead of an actual answer to the question.

Care to give it another try of how knowledge is about ego and pride?

Onoma

At first I was going to say written language, but this is essentially semiosis and semiosis in communication is not something constrained to humans

Then I considered the difference between natural and symbolic languages and came to the conclusion that it was the ability for abstraction and abstract concepts that made us different from other animals

Pipiripi

End Times Prophecy.
The difference between man and animals is so clear.
Man was made in God image, and also must rules and gives animals name.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Well, what actually made the difference between.. Animals vs Man in the beginning ?
I believe it was genetic augmentation of the most promising hominid animal species by aliens 100,000 to 200,000 years ago.

I'm being serious too.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
And what difference does it make if I replace the word God with Aliens ?
A civilization so advanced can be likened to being god like. Same with angels and stuff. They can be likened to god's hands on earth.

chinu

chinu
Stop trolling. It's like going down a rabbit hole when anyone engages with you.
Friend be patient. Am NOT here to agree on what you say. But, I have questions.
If you don't like my questions. I will never ask you more question.
Are you doubting that Humans have the most developed brain in the animal kingdom?
Friend, let us chat some another day. :)

QuestioningMind

Give example ?

Have you ever owned any pets? My dog used to get terribly bored at home alone all day long. Used to have a cat that did nothing but mope around... until I got her a companion to play with, and now she's a more active and clearly a happier animal. It seems to me that you've never spent much time around animals if you've never noticed how bored they can get.