• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the élites?

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
The truth is basically that the Left couldn't care less about the people's welfare.

And her saying that has upset people?
The “basically” bit in what you say that she said, is the complicated part, in my opinion. It’s rather blurry. She could have “basically” said a bunch of things (some sound, some bonkers) in reaching her conclusion. For me to comment on a statement of “basically”, would not be wise.

But I will say this: politicians tend to care far more about ppl’s votes than they do about ppl’s “welfare” - regardless of whether their ideological roots are on the left or right of a political scale.

Humbly
Hermit

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
They called her fishmonger because she is outspoken, loud and she was born within an humble family of a working class district of Rome. Rome suburbs to be precise.
It's a way in Roman dialect to insult the people whom one considers beneath them.

Leftist intellectuals look down and despise commoners, and Giorgia is a commoner,
That is why the lounge-loving Left miserably lost the Italian elections.

The same attitude is prevalent in the U.S., too, although it's extremely classist and very inappropriate for anyone calling themselves "left" or "liberal" to behave in such a manner. And then they wonder why they're losing the blue-collar vote.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
And her saying that has upset people?
The “basically” bit in what you say that she said, is the complicated part, in my opinion. It’s rather blurry. She could have “basically” said a bunch of things (some sound, some bonkers) in reaching her conclusion. For me to comment on a statement of “basically”, would not be wise.

But I will say this: politicians tend to care far more about ppl’s votes than they do about ppl’s “welfare” - regardless of whether their ideological roots are on the left or right of a political scale.

Humbly
Hermit
But the substance of the thread doesn't change. The elitist politicians (from uptown milieus) look down on her because she is loud and outspoken and they liken her to a fishmonger at the fish market....because of her humble origins.
which doesn't bother her, she is proud of being likened to honest sellers who work a dignifying and useful job.
Whereas hey were elected parliamentarians but they do not serve the people's interests.

If I recall correctly, they called her fishmonger after this video

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The same attitude is prevalent in the U.S., too, although it's extremely classist and very inappropriate for anyone calling themselves "left" or "liberal" to behave in such a manner. And then they wonder why they're losing the blue-collar vote.
In my opinion they are gatekeepers. They pretend to be leftists....but they are elites siding with elites.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
But the substance of the thread doesn't change. The elitist politicians (from uptown milieus) look down on her because she is loud and outspoken and they liken her to a fishmonger at the fish market....because of her humble origins.
which doesn't bother her, she is proud of being likened to honest sellers who work a dignifying and useful job.
Whereas hey were elected parliamentarians but they do not serve the people's interests.

If I recall correctly, they called her fishmonger after this video

I understand what you are saying about the substance of the clip Estro Felino and, if this had not been your elected prime minister, the context around the clip would not have been as important as it now happens to be.

If this had not been your prime minister, I’d feel okay about commenting solely on the content of the clip. But this is your prime minister, so the substance of clip cannot be taken out of its much broader, much more significant context.

Personally, I would be wary of politically supporting anybody who expresses themselves as the person does in this video. They portray themselves as emotionally volatile and unbalanced, giving the impression of them being a loose cannon-ball, rather than a wise representative and sensible administrator of governance.

Time will tell, will it not?

Humbly
Hermit

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I understand what you are saying about the substance of the clip Estro Felino and, if this had not been your elected prime minister, the context around the clip would not have been as important as it now happens to be.

If this had not been your prime minister, I’d feel okay about commenting solely on the content of the clip. But this is your prime minister, so the substance of clip cannot be taken out of its much broader, much more significant context.

Personally, I would be wary of politically supporting anybody who expresses themselves as the person does in this video. They portray themselves as emotionally volatile and unbalanced, giving the impression of them being a loose cannon-ball, rather than a wise representative and sensible administrator of governance.

Time will tell, will it not?

Humbly
Hermit

I understand.
But trust me, in Brussels, at the European Union headquarters, they are vultures. They are worse than wolves.
That is why UK quit.
We need a fiercy lioness to counter them.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In my opinion they are gatekeepers. They pretend to be leftists....but they are elites siding with elites.

I can't see how any bourgeois capitalist can possibly be considered leftist, especially while holding such contempt and derision for the working classes.