• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

I'd say God is outside of the temporal order. We should keep looking back into time before the big bang (see speculation on gravitational wave signatures and such) and expect scientific results. But on a moral and spiritual level, stick to God.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'd say God is outside of the temporal order. We should keep looking back into time before the big bang (see speculation on gravitational wave signatures and such) and expect scientific results. But on a moral and spiritual level, stick to God.

Looking for that 'evidence' of God?

I don't think that works.
When looking for God with science, I can do cause and effect...God did it.

But science can't be used on God.
He created the stuff.

godnotgod

Thou art That
He can't see he has two left feet simply because he also has two left eyes...

:D

(Just kiddin' of course)

126457206_amazoncom-beyond-belief-two-left-feet-vinyl-45-7-chick-.jpg
images

Maybe it was just a poorly chosen metaphor after all.:facepalm:

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I was saying that to have one eye on the path and one eye on the goal, instead of both eyes on the path, is to go amiss.

And there you go stepping with two left feet.

Try speaking in literal terms for a change.
Have a goal....pay attention to what you are doing.

godnotgod

Thou art That
And there you go stepping with two left feet.

Try speaking in literal terms for a change.
Have a goal....pay attention to what you are doing.

But you don't. Your attention is diverted to some notion of an afterlife, so that you are not fully present in the here and now. All of your efforts are motivated by a gaining idea, which rob you of the rich experience of being here, now, there being a certain amount of fear, (or is it terror?) about the chance of going to the grave. All of your efforts dance around this idea of escape, and the more you make moves to escape, the more you enslave yourself.

outhouse

Atheistically
But you don't. Your attention is diverted to some notion of an afterlife, so that you are not fully present in the here and now. All of your efforts are motivated by a gaining idea, which rob you of the rich experience of being here, now, there being a certain amount of fear, (or is it terror?) about the chance of going to the grave. All of your efforts dance around this idea of escape, and the more you make moves to escape, the more you enslave yourself.

Frubals

I like that. Nice reply.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

You are now confusing attention with presence.

No wonder you can't follow this discussion.

Move? I think I will.
I suspect getting from one place to another might even be easier than this life.

In the next life your attention might very well take you anywhere you want to go.

I suppose by your speech...you will just lay in your grave?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Just this morning some guy was interviewed on the radio, about Einstein.

Seems he had access to the papers Albert left behind.
And it seems Albert made errors....quite a bit!

About the expansion.....
The only notable effect that catches my eye.....it's gaining speed!!!!!!!

That seems contrary to the basic laws of motion that I thought to be sure of.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
You are now confusing attention with presence.

No wonder you can't follow this discussion.

Move? I think I will.
I suspect getting from one place to another might even be easier than this life.

In the next life your attention might very well take you anywhere you want to go.

I suppose by your speech...you will just lay in your grave?

Sir, if you are not attentive, you are not present; you're somewhere else.