• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What came before the Big Bang?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Just one of his creations.

I see. So now we're back to 'just poor li'l 'ol me', eh?

Except that 'poor li'l 'ol me' claims he dies, but does not die; who goes on after death. That is immortality, a characteristic of the nature of God. If that is true, you, then are God. If you were NOT God, you would just die dead and that would be the end of it.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I see. So now we're back to 'just poor li'l 'ol me', eh?

Except that 'poor li'l 'ol me' claims he dies, but does not die; who goes on after death. That is immortality, a characteristic of the nature of God. If that is true, you, then are God. If you were NOT God, you would just die dead and that would be the end of it.

I recognize myself as a creation....an assembly.
As such I can be dismantled.
So can you.

You seem to want it that way.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I recognize myself as a creation....an assembly.
As such I can be dismantled.
So can you.

You seem to want it that way.

If that is what you think, you've got it all...all...wrong!

We are not artifacts or mechanisms; we are not 'made', but grown. This is the error of both the theists and the atheists, because neither of you understand your own nature. It's so sad, especially when these positions are presented without batting an eyelash. It's like black and white TV trying to tell us what color TV is like, but even that is such a poor analogy.

I am afraid, Thief, that you are locked into the Third Level of Conscious Awareness, that of Identification, and you don't know it.
Go back to sleep, now....

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If that is what you think, you've got it all...all...wrong!

We are not artifacts or mechanisms; we are not 'made', but grown. This is the error of both the theists and the atheists, because neither of you understand your own nature. It's so sad, especially when these positions are presented without batting an eyelash. It's like black and white TV trying to tell us what color TV is like, but even that is such a poor analogy.

I am afraid, Thief, that you are locked into the Third Level of Conscious Awareness, that of Identification, and you don't know it.
Go back to sleep, now....

We are assembled....made of dust.
You can use the word...grown (or groan) if it makes you feel better.

As for 'black and white'...some discussions are that way.
OH! but there's that duality you don't like!
but you keep using it as a crutch.

godnotgod

Thou art That
We are assembled....made of dust.
You can use the word...grown (or groan) if it makes you feel better.

As for 'black and white'...some discussions are that way.
OH! but there's that duality you don't like!
but you keep using it as a crutch.

You still don't understand.

Black and white are one, not two.

You still cling to form, thinking it is reality. Form is empty of substance. It is shape-shifting. Like a cloud, it comes and goes. That is the nature of illusion; that it is impermanent. What I am trying to say is that the real 'you' is not an assembled form from dust or anything else. That is not who you are. That is merely temporal form, and it does not go on after 'death', which is not termination, but transformation. The real 'You', the authentic Self, is your consciousness, which was there before your form, and will be there after your form returns to the formless state.

Form is emptiness;
emptiness is form.

The universe grows humans, just as an orange tree grows oranges. You did not come into this world; you came out of it. Oranges are organic, just as humans are. Both are grown, not assembled or made or manufactured.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You still don't understand.

Black and white are one, not two.

You still cling to form, thinking it is reality. Form is empty of substance. It is shape-shifting. Like a cloud, it comes and goes. That is the nature of illusion; that it is impermanent. What I am trying to say is that the real 'you' is not an assembled form from dust or anything else. That is not who you are. That is merely temporal form, and it does not go on after 'death', which is not termination, but transformation. The real 'You', the authentic Self, is your consciousness, which was there before your form, and will be there after your form returns to the formless state.

Form is emptiness;
emptiness is form.

The universe grows humans, just as an orange tree grows oranges. You did not come into this world; you came out of it. Oranges are organic, just as humans are. Both are grown, not assembled or made or manufactured.

So then all of your posts are ...gray.
And without form....back to the void you go.

now really.....THAT would be something to look forward to?
and your existence now has no meaning.

And we are assemblies.
Your resistance to that simple notion explains a lot about your postings.

godnotgod

Thou art That
So then all of your posts are ...gray.
And without form....back to the void you go.

now really.....THAT would be something to look forward to?
and your existence now has no meaning.

And we are assemblies.
Your resistance to that simple notion explains a lot about your postings.

You are none other than the void itself temporarily manifesting as the form called 'Thief'. You came out of the void, and will return to it. You are not just the wave, but the ocean itself.

Belief clings;
Faith lets go.

Let go so you can be, rather than merely exist.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You are none other than the void itself temporarily manifesting as the form called 'Thief'. You came out of the void, and will return to it. You are not just the wave, but the ocean itself.

Belief clings;
Faith lets go.

Let go so you can be, rather than merely exist.

Void....no form.
And you say to me I have a 'form'.

White man speak with forked tongue!...(old tv Indian saying)

godnotgod

Thou art That
Void....no form.
And you say to me I have a 'form'.

Were it not for the formless Void, you would have no form. The form in the following image cannot exist without the formless background against which it is seen:

FieldGround.jpg

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Were it not for the formless Void, you would have no form. The form in the following image cannot exist without the formless background against which it is seen:

FieldGround.jpg

Actually...God has no form....He is spirit.

But you could say.....'let there be light' is synonymous to 'I AM!'

godnotgod

Thou art That
I love how you try to define something you don't sound like you know anything about.

No sources for that I bet?

heh...heh...God (or The Universe) IS the source, and since you are God pretending to be Outhouse the Atheist, you too are the source. well, maybe not YOU you, but what's inside beyond the you that you think is you.

Most of us fail to see it, however, because we're all of two left feet and in the way.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Actually...God has no form....He is spirit.

But you could say.....'let there be light' is synonymous to 'I AM!'

You're still talking 'existence', ie; 'manifestation', whereas the 'I Am' is what is behind the manifestation. It is before 'let there be light'; it is the Void...Absolute Nothingness, and out of it came Everything.

'I Am' is not existence, but Being: Unborn, Ungrown, Non-Dual, Deathless, Silent, Tasteless, Odorless, Formless, Invisible, and then again, none of these.

the negation of negation.

neti neti

not
this; not that

form is emptiness;
emptiness is form.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You're still talking 'existence', ie; 'manifestation', whereas the 'I Am' is what is behind the manifestation. It is before 'let there be light'; it is the Void...Absolute Nothingness, and out of it came Everything.

'I Am' is not existence, but Being: Unborn, Ungrown, Non-Dual, Deathless, Silent, Tasteless, Odorless, Formless, Invisible, and then again, none of these.

the negation of negation.

neti neti

not this; not that

form is emptiness;
emptiness is form.

Note my signature.....

Thief

Rogue Theologian
heh...heh...God (or The Universe) IS the source, and since you are God pretending to be Outhouse the Atheist, you too are the source. well, maybe not YOU you, but what's inside beyond the you that you think is you.

Most of us fail to see it, however, because we're all of two left feet and in the way.

I have a knack for dancing.
I really do.

I don't have two left feet.